Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

I need some tips for training camp.

11 posts in this topic

I’m thinking about going Monday to Flowery Branch for my first ever experience of training camp. My family and I obviously have never been so I need some tips from my falcon fam. Do I need to bring chairs, food? Are autographs available? I’ll have my son with me and that’s his main question lol. Any info would be appreciated. I know the website has info but I’d rather hear from some people that have been.

NeonDeion likes this

Chairs - you can, but you don't have to.  If you bring them, I'd get there early as the flat part closest to the field can get filled up.  Most people sit on the grassy hill behind it.

Food - Concessions like hot dogs, hamburgers, water, and Gatorade are all $1

Autographs - Not for sale, but players sign for free after practice.  Either bring something to sign or they do sell merchandise like footballs and mini helmets.  It's usually one position group and a couple of other guys.  It's kind of luck of the draw as far whether many big name players are signing or not.  The players are good about getting to kids first, but make your way up close when you see them coming to the sideline.

Enjoy man.  It's definitely a fun experience.

Check the weather before going. If it rains they'll move to the barn where fans aren't allowed anymore. Reeves used to allow fans in the barn where you're basically on the bench with the players. Watched the 2002 team practice there standing next to Van Note and Nobis. What an experience.

38 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It’s going to be hot.

Wear clothes you can sweat in

Well, they have been moving them earlier and earlier, presumably so that it's not nearly as hot.  This year, they're at 9:20.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the time change due to the traffic I'd hit during the week to get there, but it definitely helps on the heat.

2 hours ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

I’m thinking about going Monday to Flowery Branch for my first ever experience of training camp. My family and I obviously have never been so I need some tips from my falcon fam. Do I need to bring chairs, food? Are autographs available? I’ll have my son with me and that’s his main question lol. Any info would be appreciated. I know the website has info but I’d rather hear from some people that have been.

I went today ..... You can bring chairs but make sure to get there early to find a spot at the bottom of the hill. I sat on the hill which gives a better view and if you do that bring a blanket for the fam to sit on.   

There are concessions on site but I don't know pricing. 

Some players sign autographs at the end, but if it was like it was today ( Calvin Ridly ) it was a stampede trying to get to him so just fyi.  

IF you get there early you can also park right across the street. IF you get there on time you will probably park about half a mile away and ride a bus to and from like I did.  No biggie, just fyi.  Plenty of signs everywhere to point you where to go. 

I brought my own water but they sell that too.

They also gave us a paper/roster with all the players names and numbers. 

Have fun! today was great.

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Check the weather before going. If it rains they'll move to the barn where fans aren't allowed anymore. Reeves used to allow fans in the barn where you're basically on the bench with the players. Watched the 2002 team practice there standing next to Van Note and Nobis. What an experience.

It’s a 2 hour drive you got me scared now haha