SkerFalcon8710

How to watch the falcons this season

46 posts in this topic

Really? Dude I pay hundreds of dollars a month for my stupid directv JUST so I can watch the Falcons 16-19 times a year. I’d love to get rid of directv...

I fricken live in Atlanta again ...

man I was so tired of Sunday ticket, Fox apps, streaming links and all that other crap. Local channels for me now YEAH BABY!!!!

Side note for cord cutters. I just got rid of cable, but I have no idea what I am doing. Any way to still get local channels? I tried SlingTV for a bit but didnt really like it. Antenna doesnt really work well as I live in a rural-frontier area and access is limited. I have a fast internet connection but lack the know how to get the most of the set up. 

5 hours ago, Total Package said:

You guys that want to stop paying for TV just research and it's easy to do. I cut the cord a decade ago and never miss a game.

Ditto

2 hours ago, revrndzombie said:

Side note for cord cutters. I just got rid of cable, but I have no idea what I am doing. Any way to still get local channels? I tried SlingTV for a bit but didnt really like it. Antenna doesnt really work well as I live in a rural-frontier area and access is limited. I have a fast internet connection but lack the know how to get the most of the set up. 

if you want a legit service for local stuff, look into PSVue, you dont have to have a playstation to use the app and its a really great service.

i have it to keep my lady happy with her local stuff. Alot of the "other" services have great channel selection but obviously don't have every single local network for everywhere.

4LoveoftheGame likes this

Have DirecTv along with Sunday ticket. I mean its cool if you want to do that but i dont just watch falcons games. I watch other games as well. I’ve had it for years and never had problems. Some people complain too much , be happy with what you have.

jgentry162 likes this

41 minutes ago, caponine said:

Have DirecTv along with Sunday ticket. I mean its cool if you want to do that but i dont just watch falcons games. I watch other games as well. I’ve had it for years and never had problems. Some people complain too much , be happy with what you have.

This product is sunday ticket and game pass combined for 25$... cant beat it. I can watch 4 games on 1 screen. Get all the same features as everything else. Loved it last year

caponine likes this

7 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

This product is sunday ticket and game pass combined for 25$... cant beat it. I can watch 4 games on 1 screen. Get all the same features as everything else. Loved it last year

lol exactly thats a **** steal, i have both as well. i can watch multiple football games for example if falcons are playing and i can watch all nfc south games at once or watch a good game and not miss any of the falcons game

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

3 hours ago, revrndzombie said:

If you live in market, you can get PSVue, which should have all local channels, has the NFL Network if you want it, and you can DVR for a month before it gets deleted.  

I live in the Birmingham area (That's Birmingham, Alabama for you UK'ers) and we're in a catch 22 situation here. This town has always been anti-ATL for whatever reason and even though the National networks consider us in the Falcons viewing area the local broadcast channels will occasionally opt to show the Saints game if it is in conflict with the Falcons game. I'm not sure how this is legal but it has gone on for years. One year the local station had a vote to determine a home team for the season and Dallas won out. We watched Dallas games that entire year while they had their worst year in since the 60's. Every week there is no telling if you'll be watching ATL or N.O.. Even when the guide says Falcons, come game time it could be the Saints game that comes on. I talked to the NFL league office a few years ago and they said at that time that the area that was required to show the "local" team was 125 miles around and even though the national TV networks show BHM in the ATL market, BHM is 140 miles away and thus it is outside the NFL required viewing area. Here's the big problem with that, (outside of the obvious) Sunday ticket says we're getting the local market Falcons broadcast because the national TV market says we do but the locals have opted to show the Saints so guess what? No Game.  I did away with Direct TV years ago so I don't know if things have changed but here in 'the Ham' you're never sure about it from week to week.

Edited by slider

5 hours ago, revrndzombie said:

1 hour ago, jeebus said:

If you live in market, you can get PSVue, which should have all local channels, has the NFL Network if you want it, and you can DVR for a month before it gets deleted.  

To give another alternative, YouTube TV is what I switch to from sling during football season.  It's got all of the locals, all of ESPN's main networks and SEC network.  Covers all I need for NFL and college.

I'm in NJ & get to see them 1 or 2 times besides the national games, it sucks.  Last year I was able to watch them all, just on my phone. But at least I got to see them.  I think somebody here told me how.  Some weeks it was pain with ads, but I added a blocker & think it was better.  But I'm always interested if there's a better way.

Tim Mazetti likes this

6 hours ago, slider said:

I live in the Birmingham area (That's Birmingham, Alabama for you UK'ers) and we're in a catch 22 situation here. This town has always been anti-ATL for whatever reason and even though the National networks consider us in the Falcons viewing area the local broadcast channels will occasionally opt to show the Saints game if it is in conflict with the Falcons game. I'm not sure how this is legal but it has gone on for years. One year the local station had a vote to determine a home team for the season and Dallas won out. We watched Dallas games that entire year while they had their worst year in since the 60's. Every week there is no telling if you'll be watching ATL or N.O.. Even when the guide says Falcons, come game time it could be the Saints game that comes on. I talked to the NFL league office a few years ago and they said at that time that the area that was required to show the "local" team was 125 miles around and even though the national TV networks show BHM in the ATL market, BHM is 140 miles away and thus it is outside the NFL required viewing area. Here's the big problem with that, (outside of the obvious) Sunday ticket says we're getting the local market Falcons broadcast because the national TV market says we do but the locals have opted to show the Saints so guess what? No Game.  I did away with Direct TV years ago so I don't know if things have changed but here in 'the Ham' you're never sure about it from week to week.

You have got to be kidding me!

11 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

You have got to be kidding me!

I wish I was. Last year was a good year. The saints and falcons schedules didn't conflict much. The falcons played a lot of late games and between their national tv games and the falcons,  they were rarely both playing early time slot games so the local station want faced with the decision of which one to show. Every year is different though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

VTCrunkler likes this

Really happy about the steps in technology nowadays because if you're out of market, you're mostly screwed if the game isn't nationally televised.

R**** streams usually gets it done with a good Ad blocker.

Tim Mazetti likes this

On 7/26/2018 at 11:56 PM, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Really? Dude I pay hundreds of dollars a month for my stupid directv JUST so I can watch the Falcons 16-19 times a year. I’d love to get rid of directv...

I so agree with you MFF

MoFalconsFan56 likes this