So Now that the Julio Drama has been put to bed, What are you focused on during Training Camp?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My curiosity is focused on two things.

1.  Steve Sarkisian.  I don't think he was completely out of his element like a lot of folks do, god knows the players contributed with lots of sloppy play...but with all the weapons this offense has, if we don't see a big improvement in the red zone, it could be a long season.

2. Duke Riley.  He was so bad as a rookie, I'm not going to be shocked if he's not on roster come September.  God I hope he comes around because he has the tools, just needs to get his head wired right.

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

My curiosity is focused on two things.

1.  Steve Sarkisian.  I don't think he was completely out of his element like a lot of folks do, god knows the players contributed with lots of sloppy play...but with all the weapons this offense has, if we don't see a big improvement in the red zone, it could be a long season.

2. Duke Riley.  He was so bad as a rookie, I'm not going to be shocked if he's not on roster come September.  God I hope he comes around because he has the tools, just needs to get his head wired right.

Agreed.  Riley was terrible last year.

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan
4 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

My man :tiphat:

Only right lol Sker i knew you were a good fellow falcon fan :slick:Thats my pick every year and hopefully in the future as well. Nobody interest me more than him. People here dont want to believe but if he learns balance and patience/ jukes he is at the same talent level as Gurley and Elliot. People may disagree but its the truth. He could be better than freeman in the future if he truly works on his craft

Edited by caponine
7 hours ago, falconidae said:

The Knapp/Sark combo. Think Knapp is an underappreciated hire. If he and Sark mesh well, offense will look much better.

Like to see both sides of the ball be a well oiled machine in preseason.

Is Sanat another Grady? If he is, this team will be insanely difficult to run on or pass on.

Archer was on 92.9 the game and said essentially the same thing. Knapp helps the QB room, generating game plans week to week, and some creative red zone calls/setting up shots and taking them out of the same looks shown ala 2016.

Archer said Knapp was our best offseason acquisition. He believed Sark was understaffed/overwhelmed at times and it was a young staff under him. Knapp has enough experience to take the pressure of QB room work off Sark and can also help with the end results regarding gameplans and maybe some game day playcalling influence for red zone target creativity with all of the weapons, but that it was mainly weekly prep work help. That's a lot of what Shanahan had here with his staff.

5 hours ago, The Peregrine said:

This is so hard to fathom, the depth of our secondary 3 years in with Quinn. 

But honestly, the defense as a whole is totally transformed, morphed into one of the better defenses in the league. 

If we make a top5 D this season, I don't think we surprise no one but just accepted leaguewide that the phenomenal drafting the past few years have hit their stride. 'They are who we thought they are' 

I can get just as hyped over our defense as our offense. I like watching us march down the field and put on an offensive show, but there's also much to be said about watching one of our guys knock the living be-jezus out of Scam, or ScarFace, Godgers, etc. I'd like to see this defense ball up and start pitching shut-outs on these NFC South division fools.