Julio will report to camp!

TheFatboi

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/_mobileview/news/falcons-announce-that-receiver-julio-jones-will-report-to-camp

Wednesday, Jul 25, 2018 11:50 PM

Falcons announce that receiver Julio Jones will report to camp

matthew-tabeek-headshot

Matthew Tabeek

DIGITAL MANAGING EDITOR

Julio_ATLvsDET_Pre_KD_092417_0314

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff announced late Wednesday night that receiver Julio Jones will be at team headquarters when the players report for the 2018 AT&T Training Camp here on Thursday.

Here is the statement Dimitroff released:

“We have had continued dialogue all offseason with Julio and his representation. We have come to an agreement with Julio, and we will re-address everything in 2019. I appreciate everyone’s hard work and communication on this.

“This adjustment does not impede us from working on other extensions with other key members of our football team. We will continue to work on those contracts going forward.”

Jones was absent for the Falcons’ minicamp this summer, but his arrival at training camp means the offense has all hands-on deck to begin preparation for the 2018 season. It also offers the first opportunity to see Jones and first-round pick Calvin Ridley on the field together – and to catch a glimpse of what type of impact that combination could have this fall.

In 2017, Jones led the Falcons with 88 catches for 1,444 yards and three touchdowns. He also became the first player in NFL history with three games of over 250 receiving yards, when he caught 12 passes for 253 yards and two touchdowns in a 34-20 win over the Buccaneers in Week 12 last season.

The first practice of Falcons training camp will be held at 9:20 a.m. ET on Friday morning. Gates open to the public at 8:20 a.m. Click here for the complete 2018 AT&T Training Camp schedule. The team’s first preseason game will take place on Aug. 10 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., against the New York Jets. Kickoff is slated for 7:30 p.m. ET.

Now the cry babies can stop crying! 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Nah, I still lost alot of respect for him.. Wth does all the drama even mean at this point? That he got schooled by TD? I think this means Julio look even worse at this point 

Nope. Something got done. Instead of waiting til 2 years they will do something next year. Julio still got something done in the whole thing. At least you’re keeping your same energy atm. I respect that.  I wanna see that same energy all season towards Julio tho. Lol

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Nope. Something got done. Instead of waiting til 2 years they will do something next year. Julio still got something done in the whole thing. At least you’re keeping your same energy atm. I respect that.  I wanna see that same energy all season towards Julio tho. Lol

Nothing is going to be done till next year, that was said 2 months ago

Here's the deal, TD was about to lay the smack down on Julio and fine him for every day he misses.. TO wasn't there to pay those fines and finally he comes to his senses.. Way to flex Julio 

Julio didn’t care about the fines. 

Nothing is going to be done till next year, that was said 2 months ago

Nope. Usually they wait til the LAST year of the contract. Not second to last. Wrong again my friend. Julio absolutely got something out if the deal. 

5 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Nah, I still lost alot of respect for him.. Wth does all the drama even mean at this point? That he got schooled by TD? I think this makes Julio look even worse at this point 

Or....it shows what a great organization we have. Blank got a disgruntled, unhappy employee to buy back in. Excellent leadership

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Nope. Usually they wait til the LAST year of the contract. Not second to last. Wrong again my friend. Julio absolutely got something out if the deal. 

Yeah, but TD said months ago they would get the deal done next year.. Nothings changed with that except Julio is back on track now