The Falcon Jedi Knight

Dez Bryant ?

14 posts in this topic

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dez-bryant-reportedly-only-interested-in-signing-with-a-contender-for-next-season/

>>

In terms of possible contenders, the Patriots are always on the table -- especially with Julian Edelman suspended for the first four games of the season. However, not a lot of other contenders need help at wide receiver. The Jaguars signed Donte Moncrief to the contract Bryant wanted, while the Eagles no longer have the receiving woes that plagued them two years ago. At the moment, Bryant's best bet to play on a contender might be if the Falcons get fed up with the Julio Jones situation and try to bring on a body to prove a point.

<<

Atl Falcon likes this

I thought about this too.. but the problem I see with it is that the money it would take to sign Dez would probably be more than it would take to just make Julio happy and get him into camp.  If we're going to lay more money out, may as well be to keep our own star player.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Dez Bryant at this point is an older, slower, version of Sanu that runs sloppier routes.

Teams report for camp next week.

Theres a reason no one has touched him.

The full article states that Dez has turned down offers and only wants to go to a contender

Dirtybird3 likes this

Just now, freakyfalcon said:

they are the same age

Oh my bad.

He just plays that way

But Dez isn’t the same guy.  He’s Roddy White at the end.

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh my bad.

He just plays that way

But Dez isn’t the same guy.  He’s Roddy White at the end.

Yep. And dez wouldn't command any extra attention that Julio does.   

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

I’d take Dez IF he’d act right.....we could win it all with his veteran presence  even without JJ. But I really like someone’s idea of trading JJ for Kenan Allen....man we would get a young  ascending player.

Edited by Atl Falcon

11 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’d take Dez IF he’d act right.....we could win it all with his veteran presence  even without JJ. But I really like someone’s idea of trading JJ for Kenan Allen....man we would get a young  ascending player.

Dez doesn’t draw double teams anymore and can’t beat single coverage. Wed be a stagnant offense with him. I really don’t think some understand the attention Julio draws. That’s what makes Matt able to do what he does. Dez no longer can do that. 

25 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Dez doesn’t draw double teams anymore and can’t beat single coverage. Wed be a stagnant offense with him. I really don’t think some understand the attention Julio draws. That’s what makes Matt able to do what he does. Dez no longer can do that. 

You’re prolly right about Dez....but lots of folks think Dak is Dez problem. I do understand what JJ brings to the table...however Matt Ryan will be fine with or without JJ. MR2 is a borderline HOFr right now - imagine him staying healthy another 4-5 yrs - that’s when he’s no longer borderline. JJ and MR2 both will be successful on the same team or different teams.