ChickenBiscuit

Man, y'all are gonna have to excuse me because this is a RANT.

132 posts in this topic

Let me clarify a few things first: I love this team through and through, and I think Arthur Blank and TD have overall done a great job as owner/GM.

With that being said, I am so incredibly disappointed by our team's management these past two years. Devonta Freeman -- despite us having Tevin Coleman and plenty of draft stock -- received the highest paid contract for a RB in the LEAGUE. Desmond Trufant, despite missing the entirety of 2016 and our defense actually improving -- received an incredibly lucrative contract. Tevin Coleman has been reported to receive his money soon as well. 

If you thought this was going to be an anti-Julio thread, you might as well walk out because I'm about to BLAST this front office.

Y'ALL MADE SAM BAKER one of the HIGHEST PAID TACKLES IN THE LEAGUE. SAM MOTHER****ING BAKER. HE HAD DINOSAUR ARMS, A BACK MADE OUT OF GLASS AND ONE PRODUCTIVE YEAR. ONE. Y'ALL ARE WILLING TO DISH OUT HUGE CONTRACTS TO PLAYERS THAT HAVE NOT EARNED IT AND THEN WHEN PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY DESERVE BONUSES NEED IT, WE'RE ******.

To the fans who think it'll be as easy as just trading Julio away from some draft stock..listen closely because you don't get it. You can replace Devonta Freeman and Desmond Trufant. You can't find another Julio. Sark was TERRIBLE in 2017 with the best receiver in the league, how bad do you think he's going to be without Julio drawing double teams?

If TD ever lets DeBo walk, I'm retiring my football fandom. I'm furious, and I know a lot of y'all are too. 

3 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Let me clarify a few things first: I love this team through and through, and I think Arthur Blank and TD have overall done a great job as owner/GM.

With that being said, I am so incredibly disappointed by our team's management these past two years. Devonta Freeman -- despite us having Tevin Coleman and plenty of draft stock -- received the highest paid contract for a RB in the LEAGUE. Desmond Trufant, despite missing the entirety of 2016 and our defense actually improving -- received an incredibly lucrative contract. Tevin Coleman has been reported to receive his money soon as well. 

If you thought this was going to be an anti-Julio thread, you might as well walk out because I'm about to BLAST this front office.

Y'ALL MADE SAM BAKER one of the HIGHEST PAID TACKLES IN THE LEAGUE. SAM MOTHER****ING BAKER. HE HAD DINOSAUR ARMS, A BACK MADE OUT OF GLASS AND ONE PRODUCTIVE YEAR. ONE. Y'ALL ARE WILLING TO DISH OUT HUGE CONTRACTS TO PLAYERS THAT HAVE NOT EARNED IT AND THEN WHEN PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY DESERVE BONUSES NEED IT, WE'RE ******.

To the fans who think it'll be as easy as just trading Julio away from some draft stock..listen closely because you don't get it. You can replace Devonta Freeman and Desmond Trufant. You can't find another Julio. Sark was TERRIBLE in 2017 with the best receiver in the league, how bad do you think he's going to be without Julio drawing double teams?

If TD ever lets DeBo walk, I'm retiring my football fandom. I'm furious, and I know a lot of y'all are too. 

Those big paydays are definitely coming home to roost!  Not sure Jake deserves a big payday tbh.

lostnmexico likes this

12 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I was just talking about this in the big thread.  

Freeman just got a monster contract and he’s a concussion away from his career being over.  AND we have Coleman.  

Then there’s reports that we want to keep Ricardo Allen...more money wasted.

Then they’re gonna heavily extend Jake Matthews who is by all means as average as they come.

They tried to brainwash these guys with that brotherhood talk.

Lol you’re furious because Julio is not getting “paid”?

I think TD should play hardball and I’m not upset one bit. This is only entertainment.

Julio already got his monster contract. The fact that you’re upset that TD devised such a genius contract to benefit the team and future players looking to get paid is hilarious. 

Like I said before there are fans that want the best for a player and there are people that want the best for the team. You will not get the best for both and that is the BUSINESS. You have to ask yourself which situation would benefit me? A happy player or a good team.

Atl Falcon and rugger8 like this

13 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Can you include that the same management gave Julio the richest WR contract under the new CBA when he signed it?

Thank you!  I feel like too many people are missing this point!  

WTF, when it was actually Julio's turn, they PAID THE MAN!!!

8 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Thank you!  I feel like too many people are missing this point!  

WTF, when it was actually Julio's turn, they PAID THE MAN!!!

Right, and no doubt they will pay him again when it's time.  Heck I'd be ok with next year.  But dang!!! 

Slappywhite likes this

33 minutes ago, Ryan2Julio11 said:

I don’t understand your point. When it was Julio’s turn they did the same. Paying players like DeBo and Grady is the exact reason why you cannot just redo contracts in the middle.

There it is....

Posted (edited)

If the front office were to reward Julio for holding out then you would be right about how terrible they are. 

Edited by maxatlanta
Bigbenright likes this

Dude the FO made Julio the highest paid WR when he got his contract. He has THREE YEARS LEFT. Of course the market changed - doesn’t mean we need to rush out and re do his contract with three years left - no NFL team in their right mind would do so, especially with a ton of young defensive playmakers needing to be resigned. 

rugger8, gkgrimes, gp_74 and 3 others like this

4 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Peria Jerry is the worst decision made by TD imo.

his personality was so timid.   Don't think he worked hard in rehab to come back - he seemed very content to just take his rookie guaranteed monies and "go fishing" - no offense as he seemed a nice guy - just not a warrior.   Rehabbing and getting back or close to back to what you are or were is hard, hard work - he didn't want it bad enough - in my opinion - i know, easy for me to say and I don't know the full extend of his injury

PokerSteve and SpongeDad like this

1 hour ago, YoungHeezy said:

Can you include that the same management gave Julio the richest WR contract under the new CBA when he signed it?

No because that doesn't fit into the point being made.

2 hours ago, nomak said:

Julio can kiss it and stay home!  This team has enough to go on to the SB without.

No they don’t. The cowboys thought they had enough without emmitt smith until they started the season 0-2. When your offense is built around a player it doesn’t run the same without that player. 

2 hours ago, Jerz said:

Lol you’re furious because Julio is not getting “paid”?

I think TD should play hardball and I’m not upset one bit. This is only entertainment.

Julio already got his monster contract. The fact that you’re upset that TD devised such a genius contract to benefit the team and future players looking to get paid is hilarious. 

Like I said before there are fans that want the best for a player and there are people that want the best for the team. You will not get the best for both and that is the BUSINESS. You have to ask yourself which situation would benefit me? A happy player or a good team.

The problem with it is NE and Pitt reworked contracts for Brown and Gronk and it didn’t hurt their teams. That’s what Julio wants. Not a new contract. It’s all about moving money. Not tearing up the contract. Had Pitt and NE not done that I don’t think we’d be in this situation. And gronk ain’t NE’s best player. Brady is. Julio is our best so it puts even more tension on the situation. :shrug:

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

No they don’t. The cowboys thought they had enough without emmitt smith until they started the season 0-2. When your offense is built around a player it doesn’t run the same without that player. 

Is the offense built around Julio?  I know it's a popular subject, but what's the reality of it. We have the defense and enough weapons on offense, more than enough, to compete without Julio. 

The problem with it is NE and Pitt reworked contracts for Brown and Gronk and it didn’t hurt their teams. That’s what Julio wants. Not a new contract. It’s all about moving money. Not tearing up the contract. Had Pitt and NE not done that I don’t think we’d be in this situation. And gronk ain’t NE’s best player. Brady is. Julio is our best so it puts even more tension on the situation. :shrug:

LOL!

Ryan is the best and most important player on this team. 

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Ryan is the best and most important player on this team. 

Absolutely.  If Ryan can get 1000 yards out of 3 stringer HD, he will be fine with Sanu, a more durable WR than T.O.lio, and the other WRs.  We still got Freeman and Coleman.  Personally I feel and have felt before we will have a more productive and better scoring offense without having to feel the need to get T.O.lio his catches (between the 20s).  

falcons007 and gkgrimes like this

Just now, nomak said:

Absolutely.  If Ryan can get 1000 yards out of 3 stringer HD, he will be fine with Sanu, a more durable WR than T.O.lio, and the other WRs.  We still got Freeman and Coleman.  Personally I feel and have felt before we will have a more productive and better scoring offense without having to feel the need to get T.O.lio his catches (between the 20s).  

Yep. I still love Julio but we have a great team, it’s not 2015 where we just line up and throw it to JJ every time. Ppl act like we’re dogging Julio somehow or like he’s gonna pay their bills when he “renegotiates” it’s hilarious. He’s got enough money to pay fines for sitting out, he ain’t starving to death. If he doesn’t wanna be here then bye because this is the best and most complete product we’ve ever fielded