777 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

So say Julio comes in a month from now.  Puts up his normal season 100/1500/6.  The Falcons say - too bad, you didn’t come to camp.  No contract discussion for you.

Really?

That's why Julio is so misguided. This wouldn't be a question if he hadn't of held out with 3yrs left on his deal. Now the team knows that even if they pay him at the top of the market next offseason, he still may not report in 2021. They have him under contract now, what do they gain by extending him further?

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

The Falcons treat the players awesome.  Nobody is going to fault them for crushing Julio in this situation, he's brought it on himself.

Sure multi-millionaire athletes with massive egos and agents looking for bigger commissions are very reasonable and not the greedy selfish people we make them out to be.

Nope... they’re all in it for the money

6 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Honestly if I were the Falcons and I could find a decent offer right now, I'd ship him. Not just cause he is turning into a bad seed but because it is the perfect time to relocate that money to some younger players.

Unfortunately I think Julio has hurt his own value with this stunt.

Exhibit A as to why you are a fan and not a GM...just like the rest of us (aren't GMs).

I'd love to see a poll of the other 31 GMs in the NFL and see if "Julio has hurt his own value with this stunt."

:lol:

Just now, HEIST said:

See you week 1 Julio. Just stay in shape.

He won't be ready, he will be behind just like last year.  If we see him in week 1 it should only be while keeping the bench warm until he gets up tp speed. 

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Honestly if I were the Falcons and I could find a decent offer right now, I'd ship him. Not just cause he is turning into a bad seed but because it is the perfect time to relocate that money to some younger players.

Unfortunately I think Julio has hurt his own value with this stunt.

Double post.

Edited by GhostofGritz
Flying Falcon likes this

7 minutes ago, Peyton said:

a 1st and 3rd

How high a first?  If it’s the Patriots offering...that’s different than the Browns.

Also, are the Falcons SB contenders in 2018 a Calvin Ridley/Mohamed Sanu WR tandem?

TBH when I heard the "We'll pay you next year" thing that sounded pretty dumb. Julio shouldn't go for that garbage.

3 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Sounds like TD will get a chance to fix this before Arthur makes him make it happen.

Going to make a lot of the hot takes in this thread look pretty funny. They won't age well at all. 

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Sounds like TD will get a chance to fix this before Arthur makes him make it happen.

This is misleading.  This is not the words Arthur Blank used today, that is from last month.

Today he said "We love Julio, and I have said our wishes are that he be a Falcon for life. As always, I am available to our staff as needed and at appropriate times.”

It's a lot more nuanced of a statement.

Just now, GhostofGritz said:

Going to make a lot of the hot takes in this thread look pretty funny. They won't age well at all. 

For what it's worth, I think TD and DQ want to stand pat in this stalemate. I'm pretty sure Arthur doesn't tho.

1 minute ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

How high a first?  If it’s the Patriots offering...that’s different than the Browns.

Also, are the Falcons SB contenders in 2018 a Calvin Ridley/Mohamed Sanu WR tandem?

I would hope the Falcons would trade him to the Browns, Jets, or Bills.

Sure, the Falcons are contenders without Julio.  This team is loaded.

The potential for the defense to be dominant is high, and any team with a dominant defense is a contender.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

4 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Julio is doing what he has to do both for himself and the future of the league.  He knows his worth.  

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  If the Falcons think they’ll even sniff 6 wins without Julio they’re kidding themselves.  

6 wins?  I’ll agree they are better with him but I’d bet a week’s  salary they would win at least 8 games without him.  Might be better without him in red zone efficiency.  

1 minute ago, HEIST said:

TBH when I heard the "We'll pay you next year" thing that sounded pretty dumb. Julio shouldn't go for that garbage.

So, the falcons having more pressing needs to help secure our defense for the future over caving to a diva wr who cant stay healthy. Im a Falcon fan whether Julios is here or not. This is not the Atlanta Julios. 

3 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Like the hot takes that there was nothing going on at all with Julio from a few months ago. 

Fortunately, we have a no bumping thread policy here on AFMB to protect everyone from embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I think a lot of fans make the mistake of moves being meant for the current NFL season.  Julio not playing in 18' would definitely hurt but would it make the roster better in '19,'20,'21?

FalconFanSince1970 and Peyton like this

Posted (edited)

This entire thing is just weird.

First, you have Julio ensuring everything is guchi, he loves Atlanta, will be a Falcon for life, and "it's not even about the contract", etc.

Arthur Blank somewhere around this time also says Julio will be a Falcon for life.

I don't get it. If the team could pay him what he wanted then maybe they would? Is Julio looking at the cap space and thinking "they could give me more dash this year they are bluffing"? Falcons are doing him more than a solid saying it would be handled next offseason.

Everything is good, it's not even about the contract, everyone loves each other, but Julio trying to fight for something still.

This doesn't make sense.

Of course, aside from flooding the boards with insanity, I'll be guchi is he is playing in Philly come week 1.

Why drama. Just why.

I want one clean under-the-radar offseason after talking heads aren't spouting hangover BS all hear but no it's actually worse.

on the positive side, CR and other WRs better be making use of them reps.

PS: Huge problem is simply Julio signed a deal 3 years ago. He is right in the middle of it. He signed the NEW deal before. This isn't a guy on a rookie contract who has yet to get a pay day. It's asking for special treatment. I don't blame the Falcons FO at all for being V E R Y cautious one bit. This is 100% a Julio Jones blame issue.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

Just now, FalconsForever1990 said:

So, the falcons having more pressing needs to help secure our defense for the future over caving to a diva wr who cant stay healthy. Im a Falcon fan whether Julios is here or not. This is not the Atlanta Julios. 

I see the argument for both sides and ultimately don't think Julio will be getting the compensation he wants. But Julio is absolutely right to make it a now or never thing, because if he gets hurt then that new money is never coming and all it takes is 1 play. And then he's staring down the barrel of being 30, no guaranteed money, and coming off injury with your possible replacement on the roster.

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I would hope the Falcons would trade him to the Browns, Jets, or Bills.

Sure, the Falcons are contenders without Julio.  This team is loaded.

The potential for the defense to be dominant is high, and any team with a dominant defense is a contender.

I think re-buildings teams like the ones you mention aren’t looking to attach themselves to a high-priced, later in his career superstar like Julio.  They recognize their windows likely open up for real in 2020.

But more than that, the Falcons wouldn’t be getting any 2018 help via your scenario.  I think that would send a pretty bad message to the locker room.  Whether you agree or disagree with his stance, the level of respect that Julio has in that building is HIGH.

To discard him like that for no 2018 value would not go over well me thinks.  That’s the type of thing that undermines faith and confidence in the leadership foundation of the franchise.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

This entire thing is just weird.

First, you have Julio ensuring everything is guchi, he loves Atlanta, will be a Falcon for life, and "it's not even about the contract", etc.

Arthur Blank somewhere around this time also says Julio will be a Falcon for life.

I don't get it. If the team could pay him properly maybe they would? Is Julio looking at the cap space and thinking "they could give me more dash this year they are bluffing"? Falcons are doing him more than a solid saying it would be handled next offseason.

Everything is good, it's not even about the contract, everyone loves each other, but Julio trying to fight for something still.

This doesn't make sense.

Of course, aside from flooding the boards with insanity, I'll be guchi is he is playing in Philly come week 1.

Why drama. Just why.

I want one clean under-the-radar offseason after talking heads aren't spouting hangover BS all hear but no it's actually worse.

on the positive side, CR and other WRs better be making use of them reps.

It's simple.  At first Julio was trying to squeeze the Falcons for more dough while also maintaining his squeaky clean persona.  The Falcons told him no but killed him with kindness publicly.  As both sides held their ground, the truth that wasn't that hard to see anyway had to come out.

Now we know the real reason he went dark on social media. He was avoiding all the fans from blowing up his accounts with hate mail. Well he won't be getting any more of my money in memorabilia. Let him hold out. He don't get in more than 3-4 plays anyway during a preseason game. Miss one day of regular season and I say we trade him to Buffalo or Cleveland or some other scrub team. See how he likes them apples.

And for future reference, I won't say one snide remark to anyone who bashes him for walking off on 3rd down or catching 3 TDs the whole year, or dropping a pass, etc. Let the trolls give him ****.

You can't say He double L on here? Well ain't that somethin'.

PokerSteve likes this

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I think re-buildings teams like the ones you mention aren’t looking to attach themselves to a high-priced, later in his career superstar like Julio.  They recognize their windows likely open up for real in 2020.

But more than that, the Falcons wouldn’t be getting any 2018 help via your scenario.  I think that would send a pretty bad message to the locker room.  Whether you agree or disagree with his stance, the level of respect that Julio has in that building is HIGH.

To discard him like that for no 2018 value would not go over well me thinks.  That’s the type of thing that undermines faith and confidence in the leadership foundation of the franchise.

It would never happen, but grabbing Malik Hooker from the Colts for him would be lit. Or an imaginary world where Watkins doesn’t sign in KC and we snag Berry from them.

Bobby.Digital likes this

I see a lot of people saying "see you week 1", these reports are saying he will miss camp. Camp closes with the 1st preseason game.

I'm not saying he will show up come August 11 or whatever, but I expect him back before week 3 of the preseason. If not, then I will be concerned, until then I don't care. I prefer him there, I get his case, but I get the teams argument a lot more.