Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Trav

Tak Update

28 posts in this topic

Falcons DE Takk McKinley (shoulder) has avoided the active/PUP list to begin training camp.

The No. 26 overall pick of last year's draft was held out of the entire offseason program. McKinley was dealing with a shoulder issue coming into the league but did not miss a game as a rookie. He notched six sacks on 401 snaps and is going to be counted on for more opposite Vic Beasley as a sophomore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have high hopes for him. Rookies often struggle and six sacks is a nice start. I would hope he'll keep improving. With Beasley opposite, the potential is high. I would love if they became the Kerney/Abraham duo we nearly had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wish Takk had been able to have an offseason of strength training and pass rush moves.

I think had he had an offseason...this would be a 12+ sack year, and you might see some 1 arm manhandling.

As it is, I'm very interested to see where he is and hopeful he does well.  Shoulders are a difficult thing because they're the most flimsy of the joints in terms of support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

I have high hopes for him. Rookies often struggle and six sacks is a nice start. I would hope he'll keep improving. With Beasley opposite, the potential is high. I would love if they became the Kerney/Abraham duo we nearly had.

Thats 6 + 2 in the playoffs. Thank god we have a DE that actually shows up in the playoffs. Can’t believe he already has more career playoff sacks than flukemaster Beasley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Thats 6 + 2 in the playoffs. Thank god we have a DE that actually shows up in the playoffs. Can’t believe he already has more career playoff sacks than flukemaster Beasley.

Beasley can't help how the coaches misuse him... I think he would have had more than Tak If they had kept him in his natural playing position that suits him most, that would be DE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jerz said:

Thats 6 + 2 in the playoffs. Thank god we have a DE that actually shows up in the playoffs. Can’t believe he already has more career playoff sacks than flukemaster Beasley.

What does downing Beasley prove? Does it make Takk better? They’re all Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

I have high hopes for him. Rookies often struggle and six sacks is a nice start. I would hope he'll keep improving. With Beasley opposite, the potential is high. I would love if they became the Kerney/Abraham duo we nearly had.

Man remember that first game against the Panthers before the injury in the 4th quarter I believe. 

They were dominating the Panthers OL

what year was that? Wonder if I could find that game

BlazerSlayer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Beasley can't help how the coaches misuse him... I think he would have had more than Tak If they had kept him in his natural playing position that suits him most, that would be DE.

He moved back to his original position late in the season. This has been such an overblown notion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jerz said:

He moved back to his original position late in the season. This has been such an overblown notion.

It’s not tho....

There’s also this thing called a groove that sports players get into once they’ve gone through a series of trials and learned from them.  

That’s why the position change is not overblown and impacting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

It’s not tho....

There’s also this thing called a groove that sports players get into once they’ve gone through a series of trials and learned from them.  

That’s why the position change is not overblown and impacting. 

These excuses are getting ridiculous. Plenty of players have transitioned back to their original position with ease. SLB is not a major contrasting position to where he'd take 5+ weeks to get back in a "groove" lmaoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Man remember that first game against the Panthers before the injury in the 4th quarter I believe. 

They were dominating the Panthers OL

what year was that? Wonder if I could find that game

No because Kearney tore his triceps in the first quarter.... I want to say early in the first.

Anraham was unblockable that game and then tore his groin in the 4th.

i want to say it was the first season of 06 because Kearney opted out the next year and had 14.5 sacks for Seattle.

we never got to see Coleman, Kearney & Abraham

SMH

BlazerSlayer and ATLFalcons11 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

No because Kearney tore his triceps in the first quarter.... I want to say early in the first.

Anraham was unblockable that game and then tore his groin in the 4th.

i want to say it was the first season of 06 because Kearney opted out the next year and had 14.5 sacks for Seattle.

we never got to see Coleman, Kearney & Abraham

SMH

I think you’re right. 

I think it was the first defensive series that there was like a back to back sack or something like that and then Kerney got injured. 

Abe continued to dominate and then the 4th quarter happened. 

Its all coming back.....a lil bit

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jerz said:

These excuses are getting ridiculous. Plenty of players have transitioned back to their original position with ease. SLB is not a major contrasting position to where he'd take 5+ weeks to get back in a "groove" lmaoo.

Believe what you want to believe. I don’t think you are aware enough to know what’s the difference in those two positions. 

Maybe you are but nothing so far has expressed that that’s the case. 

If you don’t want to take legitimate reasons it’s up to you. You seem to have some negative thing about star players on the team so that’s on you get resolved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Believe what you want to believe. I don’t think you are aware enough to know what’s the difference in those two positions. 

Maybe you are but nothing so far has expressed that that’s the case. 

If you don’t want to take legitimate reasons it’s up to you. You seem to have some negative thing about star players on the team so that’s on you get resolved. 

There have been absolutely no legitimate reasons presented to me. Sam LB's primarily blitz the Qb and play the run. What other position does that sound like to you? Yes he had other responsibilities like covering RB's and TE's and maybe spying RW but to think it'd take anywhere more than a week for Vic to get back in a groove to play DE is hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jerz said:

There have been absolutely no legitimate reasons presented to me. Sam LB's primarily blitz the Qb and play the run. What other position does that sound like to you? Yes he had other responsibilities like covering RB's and TE's and maybe spying RW but to think it'd take anywhere more than a week for Vic to get back in a groove to play DE is hilarious.

Vic moved backed to DE with 3 games left in the season, not 5. He got a sack in 1 of those games.

Overall his rush percentage from 2016 to 2017 dropped about 23%.

The mass bulk of that came during those 6 or so games that he was playing LB. The differences and the reason he switched to that role are much more than you believe.

But it's all good bro. Keep doing what you do. It works for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Vic moved backed to DE with 3 games left in the season, not 5. He got a sack in 1 of those games.

Overall his rush percentage from 2016 to 2017 dropped about 23%.

The mass bulk of that came during those 6 or so games that he was playing LB. The differences and the reason he switched to that role are much more than you believe.

I also counted the playoffs. Everyone knows why he was switched to that role but do you care to explain the stark differences between them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jerz said:

I also counted the playoffs. Everyone knows why he was switched to that role but do you care to explain the stark differences between them?

You were correct in that they run with TEs and RBs, but you are incorrect how significantly less he rushed because he was in that position.

I've already expressed how much his rush percentage dropped between 2016 and 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

You were correct in that they run with TEs and RBs, but you are incorrect how significantly less he rushed because he was in that position.

I've already expressed how much his rush percentage dropped between 2016 and 2017.

I'm aware he didn't rush the passer as much as he would at DE but the role he played wouldn't call for any extensive effort to settle back to his natural position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jerz said:

He moved back to his original position late in the season. This has been such an overblown notion.

The key words you used  is ,,, "Late in the season"   This was not good that He was not used all year at DE... And I think he will prove that this coming season....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0