Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mqg96

My 2018 NFL Schedule Predictions along with the Falcons

6 posts in this topic

https://imgur.com/a/zW8sILJ

Click on the link up here and tell me what you think? I used the NFL Playoff Predictor on https://playoffpredictors.com

I have the Falcons starting 2-3 and winning 10 straight to get to 12 wins, just like in 2002 and 2010 when we also had a long winning streak during the season playing the AFC North with the same home and away schedule as this upcoming season. As I've brought up before, our AFC North schedule matches 2010 and our NFC East schedule matches 2012. We also play the Eagles in Philly and the Cardinals at home again just like 2010, 2012, and 2016 when we won the division. 

I have the Saints starting 3-0 and losing 9 of their last 13 games to finish 7-9 again, because no NFC South team has ever repeated the division as champs with back to back winning records. I have the Panthers finishing 8-8 because they haven't had back to back winning seasons yet. The Buccaneers are in trouble without Jameis Winston the first 3 games. The NFC South will NOT put 3 teams in the playoffs again, it'll only be whoever wins the division again like most seasons. 

I have the Falcons losing in Philly and Pittsburgh again just like we did in 2010, but the Falcons still finish with a better record than both teams with the Eagles and Steelers winning their divisions at 11-5. With the Eagles winning the division again, I have all the other NFC East teams missing the playoffs again. The Giants will improve, but they won't be good enough. The Redskins are who they are, even with Alex Smith at QB I don't believe in them right now.

I have the NFC West being the toughest and most exciting division in football this year with 3 teams making the playoffs. I believe the Seahawks prove doubters wrong and sneak in with Russell Wilson leading the offense with historical numbers, but they'll be a wildcard team though along with the Rams, and the 49ers are my dark horse NFC surprise of this season. Jimmy G made the 49ers legit late last season and he didn't lose a game backing up Tom Brady in 2016 either. I have the Packers starting 5-0 and missing the playoffs at 10-6 making Mike McCarthy fired from Green Bay, and the Vikings finish 10-6 too but win the head to head.

The Raiders will be the surprise team of the AFC West with Jon Gruden as head coach again. The Chiefs still sneak in but have too many question marks with a young QB. The Chargers will still be the Chargers, and the Broncos despite having an upgrade at QB, won't be good enough to make the playoffs again.

The AFC East still belongs to the Patriots, but their Super Bowl hangover will show when Deshaun Watson and the Texans go into New England and shock the world come playoff time. The Jaguars and Titans will get a hangover from last season, the Colts will improve with Andrew Luck healthy all year, but a fully healthy Texans team with Deshaun Watson starting will be too much for everyone in the AFC South to overcome. The Steelers are still the class of the AFC North as usual. 

octoslash likes this

No way Seahawks make the playoffs. They are train wreck. Wilson drags them to 8-8 at most but that’s about it. Their defense is a shell of itself (no Kam, Sherman, Avril, or Bennet) and they still have no online. Rams improved, SF could be really good, AZ gets Johnson back and Rosen might be good. Only one team survives the brutal NFC West.

Hawks might have worst team in that division (even though Wilson still be mst QB) 

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

No way Seahawks make the playoffs. They are train wreck. Wilson drags them to 8-8 at most but that’s about it. Their defense is a shell of itself (no Kam, Sherman, Avril, or Bennet) and they still have no online. Rams improved, SF could be really good, AZ gets Johnson back and Rosen might be good. Only one team survives the brutal NFC West.

Hawks might have worst team in that division (even though Wilson still be mst QB) 

The Seahawks schedule isn't that hard as I expected. Part of the reason NFC West teams' schedules are favorable this year is because they play the AFC West not having to travel so far, and despite the downfall of the Seahawks, they still have a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK who's proven and they can still beat most of the AFC West teams and NFC North teams. I believe the Seahawks will have a chip on their shoulder, and this is assuming Russell Wilson stays healthy ALL YEAR. Now if he gets injured then yes they will tank. Whenever the Seahawks with Pete Carroll have had the Carolina Panthers on their schedule, they've always made the playoffs, and with Russell Wilson they've always finished 9-7 or better. Their defense has taken a step back but I believe their offense will find more rhythm throughout 2018. Still not good enough to win the division this year though. I believe the Rams and 49ers will finish better than the Seahawks, but with the flow of the schedule I see the NFC West being the most competitive division in football again. 

34 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

The Seahawks schedule isn't that hard as I expected. Part of the reason NFC West teams' schedules are favorable this year is because they play the AFC West not having to travel so far, and despite the downfall of the Seahawks, they still have a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK who's proven and they can still beat most of the AFC West teams and NFC North teams. I believe the Seahawks will have a chip on their shoulder, and this is assuming Russell Wilson stays healthy ALL YEAR. Now if he gets injured then yes they will tank. Whenever the Seahawks with Pete Carroll have had the Carolina Panthers on their schedule, they've always made the playoffs, and with Russell Wilson they've always finished 9-7 or better. Their defense has taken a step back but I believe their offense will find more rhythm throughout 2018. Still not good enough to win the division this year though. I believe the Rams and 49ers will finish better than the Seahawks, but with the flow of the schedule I see the NFC West being the most competitive division in football again. 

Yes they have a franchise QB, but did they get better or worse? They lost Bennett, Sherman, Avril, Kam. They may finally have an RB but he’s running behind the worst line in football. 

Not sure what schedule you’re looking at. Aside from bears and colts, every team on their schedule could make the playoffs, not to mention several Super Bowl contenders.

I always enjoy the way mqg96 backs up his analyses with lots of numbers and records, etc.

The only problem I have with it though:  It's heavily based on using history to predict the future, and the past has no bearing on what's to come.   

Still interesting stuff though.