Falcons Fan MVP

Is Devonta Freeman the best running back in the NFL when healthy?

101 posts in this topic

Devonta Freeman scores about 13 TDs a year and that's while splitting carries with Coleman. How would you guys rank Devonta Freeman against the top current running backs in the league or even against a Barry Sanders or an Emmitt Smith? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Devonta Freeman scores about 13 TDs a year and that's while splitting carries with Coleman. How would you guys rank Devonta Freeman against the top current running backs in the league or even against a Barry Sanders or an Emmitt Smith? 

 

Free healthy is one of the best RBs in football. I'd put Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott, and Todd Gurley ahead of him for sure though.

 

Free is a top 3-5 back when healthy. Barry was unbelievable and Emmitt despite playing behind arguably the greatest o-line in NFL history, was the heartbeat of that 90's cowboys dynasty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

That one play in the super bowl................talk about a pisser offer

Yeah man he didn't have to do much for that play not to end the way it did. 

ya_boi_j and GreggT like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jerz said:

Yeah man he didn't have to do much for that play not to end the way it did. 

I was cussin at the tv so bad lol

Jerz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jerz said:

If Free had homerun speed then he'd have a good argument for top 3.

No he wouldn't. Top 5 maybe but more likely top 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not the best .. but I do think healthy he is under rated ..  I like coleman.. we basically have 2 starting RBs... I think coleman speed has him as the guy for some fans but I feel like free elusiveness and running styles..  He create something outta nothing .. I've seen defenders get the the back field on 3rd and short and make something happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Bro whaat I just knew right then and there we lost. It's always that one play that does us in and it's so easy to spot nowadays smh. @ya_boi_j

Edited by Jerz
ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

No he wouldn't. Top 5 maybe but more likely top 10

You must not realize how a combo of speed with Free's vision would catapult him over a number of RB's in this league.

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jerz said:

You must not realize how a combo of speed with Free's vision would catapult him over a number of RB's in this league.

Like who? Not over Zeke,Bell,Johnson cause those are the three I have over him off the top of my head. Chris Johnson had special vision and speed and he still wasn't better than AD. Bell is in that class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

One play didn't lose the Super Bowl but that holding call on Matthews was when I knew we weren't winning 

One play didn't lose the game but that one play was the turning point.

GreggT likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That one play in the super bowl................talk about a pisser offer

Pop's was screaming touchdown...Son said he gonna get hit.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Like who? Not over Zeke,Bell,Johnson cause those are the three I have over him off the top of my head. Chris Johnson had special vision and speed and he still wasn't better than AD. Bell is in that class 

If Free had homerun speed he would be more dangerous than every single one of those backs. He already can juke better than all of them and has better vision than 2 of them. Look at how good he already is in the passing game. Free in the open field is a nightmare for anybody ask Byrd. If he could breakaway from DB's he'd have so many more touchdowns but because he doesn't have that speed he constantly gets caught from behind.

Stryka likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jerz said:

If Free had homerun speed he would be more dangerous than every single one of those backs. He already can juke better than all of them and has better vision than 2 of them. Look at how good he already is in the passing game. Free in the open field is a nightmare for anybody ask Byrd. If he could breakaway from DB's he'd have so many more touchdowns but because he doesn't have that speed he constantly gets caught from behind.

Free doesn't get caught from behind that often. It's very very hard to get a clear path in the NFL. 

Stryka likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now