• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
therawest

Trae Young

16 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I just don't see him as a 3rd option for a contender 

Yet...but any contender needs shooting. He was compared to Klay Thompson coming into the draft and so far he is in track.  

Edited by therawest

51 minutes ago, therawest said:

Yet...but any contender needs shooting. He was compared to allay Thompson coming into the draft and so far he is in track.  

Klay is strictly a spot up shooter and defender. Klay has weak handles.

Huerter has more of an all around game with his ability to handle the ball and make plays for others.

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Klay is strictly a spot up shooter and defender. Klay has weak handles.

Huerter has more of an all around game with his ability to handle the ball and make plays for others.

Until Huerter is on Klays level or even close I will not consider him a 3rd star. We need to do whatever is possible with our assets to ensure we have the #1 pick next year if at all possible. And Imagine the looks a guy like Huerter would get with Collins, Young, and Zion collapsing the D at all times. 

2 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Until Huerter is on Klays level or even close I will not consider him a 3rd star. We need to do whatever is possible with our assets to ensure we have the #1 pick next year if at all possible. And Imagine the looks a guy like Huerter would get with Collins, Young, and Zion collapsing the D at all times. 

Huerter can create his own shot. He doesn't need a lot of room to get a good shot off.

11 minutes ago, JerseyNo11 said:

Huerter can create his own shot. He doesn't need a lot of room to get a good shot off.

This is definitely one of the beauties with Heurter. If he keeps growing, he already has additional assets that will translate well as a supporting/secondary scorer, facilitator, ballhandler, shooter, and playmaker. Plus, he does move well without the ball.

4 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I'm not saying he is in Klay's level, I'm saying he has a more diverse skillset than Klay.  I get the Klay comps in regards to shooting but Huerter has shown additional offensive skills.

21 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I'm not saying he is in Klay's level, I'm saying he has a more diverse skillset than Klay.  I get the Klay comps in regards to shooting but Huerter has shown additional offensive skills.

BINGO!!! I've said the same thing. People can't believe it or they are afraid to say it but Huerter is the real deal. I think his ceiling is higher than Klay's also.  He needs to be treated as a number one option instead of as a afterthought.  He needs to be able to get that number one option rhythm into his game.  I remember watching tape on him during the draft and was IMMEDIATELY impressed.

Edited by slickgadawg

On 2/3/2019 at 0:52 PM, TRUju2111 said:

Hawks trying their best to play their way out of the Zion sweepstakes...:lol:

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

BINGO!!! I've said the same thing. People can't believe it or they are afraid to say it but Huerter is the real deal. I think his ceiling is higher than Klay's also.  He needs to be treated as a number one option instead of as a afterthought.  He needs to be able to get that number one option rhythm into his game.  I remember watching tape on him during the draft and was IMMEDIATELY impressed.

Pierce said he's been begging him to be more aggressive.

4 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Hey, you have another good take here!

Huerter has shown star flashes this season, at the minimum he looks like a guy that can be a very real secondary ballhandler, averaging around 15/4/3 on 45%/40%/80% splits, and it's quite possible he could be a 20 PPG scorer on good efficiency, I'd like to see how he looks if/when the offense adds in the screens game.

On 2/3/2019 at 0:52 PM, TRUju2111 said:

6 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Hawks trying their best to play their way out of the Zion sweepstakes...:lol:

Yall need to forget about Zion. He will not be a Hawk. We will not out tank the four teams ahead of us. One of em is on a 10 game losing streak. Another has a 13 game losing streak going. We are headed in the other direction. And what team would be stupid enough to trade the #1 pick to us? The only way dude is a Hawk is if a ping pong ball bounces our way. The odds of that happening aint good.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yall need to forget about Zion. He will not be a Hawk. We will not out tank the four teams ahead of us. One of em is on a 10 game losing streak. Another has a 13 game losing streak going. We are headed in the other direction. And what team would be stupid enough to trade the #1 pick to us? The only way dude is a Hawk is if a ping pong ball bounces our way. The odds of that happening aint good.

Idk man, the Cavs odds of the number 1 pick are like 3% greater than our odds. It's not as unrealistic as it has been in the past. We could realistically pick anywhere 1-7. 

16 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Idk man, the Cavs odds of the number 1 pick are like 3% greater than our odds. It's not as unrealistic as it has been in the past. We could realistically pick anywhere 1-7. 

One can dream

Young

Huerter

Williamson

Collins 

And a C

That's some talent right there

This trio of Young-Collins-Huerter just feels special to me. Call it a hunch, but if they stay healthy and take a second year leap, we could have the makings of something really special for a long time. 

Seems like teams need three stars/superstars to really compete for the championship nowadays, and this triplet gives me the idea that they may very well could turn into that. We already see it in Collins. Trae is surpassing most expectations and is playing better in 2019, and Huerter is slowly putting his assets together. Add another really good piece or two from the draft to complement a bench with some young impact players like Spellman (21, contract thru 2023)/Bembry (24, thru 2021)/Prince* (24, thru 2021), and Len (25, thru 2020) and you are cooking with something for next year and beyond.

*I put Prince here as I believe we need a better starting SF unless Prince starts really committing to D - he already provides value offensively, but we need starters who play strong D if we are going to continue with Peirce's D'antoni-like offense.

Young is the key, and if he turns into a star/superstar PG, the league will have a real force on its hands for years to come. He already has the confidence, passing, an improved shot, and recent consistency - just needs to keep trending up on shot selection and letting the game slow down more for him.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

6 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

One can dream

Young

Huerter

Williamson

Collins 

And a C

That's some talent right there

Bol Bol at C... his stock has dropped and he could be there when we pick again w/ Dallas's pick (10-12 range)

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I like Len. Not sure why he isn't getting more minutes. Seems capable.

What about Jaxson Hayes? You like him?

PnR defense, sometimes a bad matchup when teams go small.

20 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I like Len. Not sure why he isn't getting more minutes. Seems capable.

What about Jaxson Hayes? You like him?

Haven't seen much of him, but I'll take a look at him!