Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
therawest

Trae Young

I don't know what it is, but when it comes to defense for most fans reputation matters 100x more than what you are actually doing. Collins was know as a bad defender, so everyone assumes he is still a bad defender and hasn't made any improvements. Trae was known as the worse defender and that label has stuck by him even though it is no longer true. 

22 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I don't know what it is, but when it comes to defense for most fans reputation matters 100x more than what you are actually doing. Collins was know as a bad defender, so everyone assumes he is still a bad defender and hasn't made any improvements. Trae was known as the worse defender and that label has stuck by him even though it is no longer true. 

A majority of times it’s because the source of the complaint thrives on being able to complain. Lives to do so. Whether it’s a shock jock looking for clicks or a troll that’s looking to argue.. 

On 6/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

lets be real. You know the masses aint watching you unless you're one of those prime time teams. So how all of a sudden people are experts on players they don't even watch? It becomes evident everytime I see any segment on the Hawks future. They have zero clue what's really going on.

Trae is not a great defender, but that's more on effort than lack of ability. He rarely even gets into a defensive stance. He stands straight up and guys run right by him. But when he locks in, he has the lateral quickness to stay in front of ball handlers. His only true weakness is his lack of length to contest shots. I've seen Trae lock guys up too many times to just say he's a horrible defender for life. Once Cam develops as that secondary ball handler and we start winning more, we'll truly see what Trae is made of.