• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
therawest

Trae Young

3 hours ago, cwell1 said:

Only 2nd year Hawk I got issues with is Kevin Huertus

:lol: Yeah he definitely had some WTF moments but I think as long as he stays aggressive offensively and drastically improve his defense he can be a good 2 off the bench.  I think Cam has to be the starting 2.  

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

:lol: Yeah he definitely had some WTF moments but I think as long as he stays aggressive offensively and drastically improve his defense he can be a good 2 off the bench.  I think Cam has to be the starting 2.  

Sadly I don’t think that will ever happen with Kevin. Bill Clinton was president last time he went to the free throw line. Hunter and Reddish both attempted more free throws this year than Huerter has taken in his 2 year career.

I really thought he would put up 16-17 PPG this year, yet he made zero improvement in his game.  FG% still the same, mediocre 41%. 3 pt % still the same. Played more minutes  and only went from 10 points as a rook and 12 as a sophomore. Body still the same with no added strength. Just as bad as Trae on defense. Smh I’m done

22 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Edwards has work to do, but honestly he would render Huerter useless on the team.  He is already better than KH on both ends.  Just not nearly as good from 3 point range...but drafting Edwards probably means we trade Huerter

Cmon man. This is just too much. Dude hasn't played a minute of NBA basketball and he isn't even consistently lighting it up in College. 

I don't see us trading anyone until we get confirmation of who our two starting long term wings are. I think we all see Cam as one of those wings, bu that 2nd spot is open. KH, AE, DH need to prove that they are the guy that we view as the long term solution, which means being a two way player who can consistently hit open 3s and drive. 

I am not willing to give up on Huerter, but I do believe Hunter will be that two way player.  Huerter's defense needs to step up.  

59 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Cmon man. This is just too much. Dude hasn't played a minute of NBA basketball and he isn't even consistently lighting it up in College. 

I don't see us trading anyone until we get confirmation of who our two starting long term wings are. I think we all see Cam as one of those wings, bu that 2nd spot is open. KH, AE, DH need to prove that they are the guy that we view as the long term solution, which means being a two way player who can consistently hit open 3s and drive. 

I am not willing to give up on Huerter, but I do believe Hunter will be that two way player.  Huerter's defense needs to step up.  

I mean, Huerter has a few years more experience, but outside of his spot up jumper, what does Huerter do better than Edwards?  And I am not saying give up on Huerter, but if Edwards is available, he is a clear and significant upgrade over KH.

Jump Shot: Huerter

Leadership: Huerter for now

Shot Off Dribble: Edwards

Defense: Edwards

Versatility: Edwards

Dribble: Edwards

Ability To Attack Defense: Edwards

Commands Double Team: Edwards

Scoring: Edwards

Playmaking: Edwards

Ability To Take Over Game: Edwards

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, Huerter has a few years more experience, but outside of his spot up jumper, what does Huerter do better than Edwards?  And I am not saying give up on Huerter, but if Edwards is available, he is a clear and significant upgrade over KH.

Jump Shot: Huerter

Leadership: Huerter for now

Shot Off Dribble: Edwards

Defense: Edwards

Versatility: Edwards

Dribble: Edwards

Ability To Attack Defense: Edwards

Commands Double Team: Edwards

Scoring: Edwards

Playmaking: Edwards

Ability To Take Over Game: Edwards

Until a player does it in the NBA, these statements are based on your opinion and not factual. I love AE and this he will be a better player than Huerter( assuming constant growth rate) with a Trae/Cam developmental year, but that isn't guaranteed. You don't even need to look at busts, look at Ingram or Fultz or Wiggins or DLo. They all came in with the hype and didn't live up to it until recently or if ever. 

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Until a player does it in the NBA, these statements are based on your opinion and not factual. I love AE and this he will be a better player than Huerter( assuming constant growth rate) with a Trae/Cam developmental year, but that isn't guaranteed. You don't even need to look at busts, look at Ingram or Fultz or Wiggins or DLo. They all came in with the hype and didn't live up to it until recently or if ever. 

Fair enough...

Do you see Cam as an upgrade over Huerter or should Cam be our 6th man in 2021?

37 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Fair enough...

Do you see Cam as an upgrade over Huerter or should Cam be our 6th man in 2021?

I have been on the "Cam should be the starter train" for a while. Cam fits Trae and the only skill I hope Cam and Hunter learn from Huerter is his passing. If Cam or Hunter could average 4-5 assists with their defense and shooting, we would have deadly potential on offense. 

I love Huerter, but Huerter might not be long with us. If we were in a developmental year and he didn't show huge growth in training camp/preseason, I'd give his minutes to AE. However, CLP and FO have said we are in winning mode, so sacrificing wins for player development is off the table. 

On 3/16/2020 at 3:47 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

POST ASB numbers for a WIngs

Huerter

GtWMrz0.png

Hunter

iZsEOjS.png

Reddish

MkIoqcV.png

Since we might not have a rest of season, I thought it would be interesting to see how they were performing post ASB. 

Wow. Those are pretty good numbers for them Especially Cam though. 

What was interesting during this talk with Schlenk is he admitted that he didn’t foresee Young’s massive production rise from Year 1 to Year 2 happening, which could explain why Schlenk didn’t fill the roster with better complementary pieces. He wants Young to continue getting better with his decision-making, limiting turnovers and working off the ball more because he’s one of the best catch-and-shoot 3-point shooters in the league. Young shot an absurd 46.6 percent on catch-and-shoot 3s this season, but only 8.6 percent of all his attempts came off the catch. That number needs to increase to help Young’s overall efficiency. He didn’t mention Young’s defense but did mention that the Hawks “obviously” need to improve on that end of the floor. Some of that is certainly personnel based, and some of that is just natural internal growth, but it’s clearly an issue that needs to be addressed moving forward.