Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Trae Young

391 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OK then they probably will suck after giving up Matthews, Jordan and Smith. That's 37 ppg, 19 rpg and 9 apg that Hardaway and Lee won't be able to replace.

Yep, they will definitely be a team to watch as they can't sink below 6th-worst or else, as we all know, we wont get their 1st round pick this year and will have to try again in 2020 (in which they will almost assuredly be better with a healthy Porzingis teamed up with Doncic).

I can see the Mavs sliding quite a bit the rest of the season, let's just hope that they've banked enough wins to stave that off.

Right now, raw draft order (before the lottery balls) looks like this:


(11) Dallas Mavericks 23-28
(10) New Orleans Pelicans 23-29 
(9) Detroit Pistons 22-28
(8) Washington Wizards 22-29
(7) Orlando Magic 21-31
(6) Memphis Grizzlies  20-33

-------------------------------
(5) Atlanta Hawks  16-35

(4) Chicago Bulls 12-40

Pelicans are destined to slide without a healthy Unibrow. Heck, he may even get his trade demand honored. So that helps us.

Detroit has been playing .500 ball lately, so they may leapfrog some teams.

Wizards are trying for a playoff push, and may very well get it by riding Beal's Wheels until they come off.

Orlando isn't very good.

Memphis is just awful. I could easily see us switch places with them in the standings before season is over.

If Mavs go on a sizable losing streak, it could present a problem for us in getting their pick this year - especially if Orlando and Memphis decides to play competent basketball (I doubt it, but who knows).

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trae added a 5th consecutive game of 23+ points, 8+ assists, 2+ threes tonight, something that: Steph has done once Russ has done once CP3 and Nash have never done
Quote Tweet
 
 
 
 
 
 
Image
ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Yep, they will definitely be a team to watch as they can't sink below 6th-worst or else, as we all know, we wont get their 1st round pick this year and will have to try again in 2020 (in which they will almost assuredly be better with a healthy Porzingis teamed up with Doncic).

I can see the Mavs sliding quite a bit the rest of the season, let's just hope that they've banked enough wins to stave that off.

Right now, raw draft order (before the lottery balls) looks like this:


(11) Dallas Mavericks 23-28
(10) New Orleans Pelicans 23-29 
(9) Detroit Pistons 22-28
(8) Washington Wizards 22-29
(7) Orlando Magic 21-31
(6) Memphis Grizzlies  20-33

-------------------------------
(5) Atlanta Hawks  16-35

(4) Chicago Bulls 12-40

Pelicans are destined to slide without a healthy Unibrow. Heck, he may even get his trade demand honored. So that helps us.

Detroit has been playing .500 ball lately, so they may leapfrog some teams.

Wizards are trying for a playoff push, and may very well get it by riding Beal's Wheels until they come off.

Orlando isn't very good.

Memphis is just awful. I could easily see us switch places with them in the standings before season is over.

If Mavs go on a sizable losing streak, it could present a problem for us in getting their pick this year - especially if Orlando and Memphis decides to play competent basketball (I doubt it, but who knows).

Lol mavs are not drafting in the top 5..they could lose out and still might not get in top 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

Lol mavs are not drafting in the top 5..they could lose out and still might not get in top 5

We will see. I don't think they will end up drafting there either, but it's not like it's a remote possibility.

At any rate, Trae turned it up in January, and is taking another step forward so far in February. That boy good.

therawest likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

We will see. I don't think they will end up drafting there either, but it's not like it's a remote possibility.

At any rate, Trae turned it up in January, and is taking another step forward so far in February. That boy good.

Ya he's the real deal..him and Collins are special, we need to get us a 3rd guy in the draft. Need atlest 3 superstars in today's NBA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Ya he's the real deal..him and Collins are special, we need to get us a 3rd guy in the draft. Need atlest 3 superstars in today's NBA

Don't sleep on Kevin Huerter. When he's on, he's a long range assassin.

Carl Showalter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JerseyNo11 said:

Don't sleep on Kevin Huerter. When he's on, he's a long range assassin.

I just don't see him as a 3rd option for a contender 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I just don't see him as a 3rd option for a contender 

Yet...but any contender needs shooting. He was compared to Klay Thompson coming into the draft and so far he is in track.  

Edited by therawest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, therawest said:

Yet...but any contender needs shooting. He was compared to allay Thompson coming into the draft and so far he is in track.  

Klay is strictly a spot up shooter and defender. Klay has weak handles.

Huerter has more of an all around game with his ability to handle the ball and make plays for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Klay is strictly a spot up shooter and defender. Klay has weak handles.

Huerter has more of an all around game with his ability to handle the ball and make plays for others.

Until Huerter is on Klays level or even close I will not consider him a 3rd star. We need to do whatever is possible with our assets to ensure we have the #1 pick next year if at all possible. And Imagine the looks a guy like Huerter would get with Collins, Young, and Zion collapsing the D at all times. 

Beef likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Until Huerter is on Klays level or even close I will not consider him a 3rd star. We need to do whatever is possible with our assets to ensure we have the #1 pick next year if at all possible. And Imagine the looks a guy like Huerter would get with Collins, Young, and Zion collapsing the D at all times. 

Huerter can create his own shot. He doesn't need a lot of room to get a good shot off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JerseyNo11 said:

Huerter can create his own shot. He doesn't need a lot of room to get a good shot off.

This is definitely one of the beauties with Heurter. If he keeps growing, he already has additional assets that will translate well as a supporting/secondary scorer, facilitator, ballhandler, shooter, and playmaker. Plus, he does move well without the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Until Huerter is on Klays level or even close I will not consider him a 3rd star. We need to do whatever is possible with our assets to ensure we have the #1 pick next year if at all possible. And Imagine the looks a guy like Huerter would get with Collins, Young, and Zion collapsing the D at all times. 

I'm not saying he is in Klay's level, I'm saying he has a more diverse skillset than Klay.  I get the Klay comps in regards to shooting but Huerter has shown additional offensive skills.

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 9:09 AM, TRUju2111 said:

I just don't see him as a 3rd option for a contender 

Huerter is a future star if the Hawks dont blow it...

tl;dr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I'm not saying he is in Klay's level, I'm saying he has a more diverse skillset than Klay.  I get the Klay comps in regards to shooting but Huerter has shown additional offensive skills.

BINGO!!! I've said the same thing. People can't believe it or they are afraid to say it but Huerter is the real deal. I think his ceiling is higher than Klay's also.  He needs to be treated as a number one option instead of as a afterthought.  He needs to be able to get that number one option rhythm into his game.  I remember watching tape on him during the draft and was IMMEDIATELY impressed.

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 0:52 PM, TRUju2111 said:

Until Huerter is on Klays level or even close I will not consider him a 3rd star. We need to do whatever is possible with our assets to ensure we have the #1 pick next year if at all possible. And Imagine the looks a guy like Huerter would get with Collins, Young, and Zion collapsing the D at all times. 

Hawks trying their best to play their way out of the Zion sweepstakes...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

BINGO!!! I've said the same thing. People can't believe it or they are afraid to say it but Huerter is the real deal. I think his ceiling is higher than Klay's also.  He needs to be treated as a number one option instead of as a afterthought.  He needs to be able to get that number one option rhythm into his game.  I remember watching tape on him during the draft and was IMMEDIATELY impressed.

Pierce said he's been begging him to be more aggressive.

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Pierce said he's been begging him to be more aggressive.

This is good from Pierce. Dude looked almost afraid to shoot in the very beginning of the season, not now! He should be aggressive, and it is paying off. And I love his energy on defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

BINGO!!! I've said the same thing. People can't believe it or they are afraid to say it but Huerter is the real deal. I think his ceiling is higher than Klay's also.  He needs to be treated as a number one option instead of as a afterthought.  He needs to be able to get that number one option rhythm into his game.  I remember watching tape on him during the draft and was IMMEDIATELY impressed.

Hey, you have another good take here!

Huerter has shown star flashes this season, at the minimum he looks like a guy that can be a very real secondary ballhandler, averaging around 15/4/3 on 45%/40%/80% splits, and it's quite possible he could be a 20 PPG scorer on good efficiency, I'd like to see how he looks if/when the offense adds in the screens game.

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 0:52 PM, TRUju2111 said:

Until Huerter is on Klays level or even close I will not consider him a 3rd star. We need to do whatever is possible with our assets to ensure we have the #1 pick next year if at all possible. And Imagine the looks a guy like Huerter would get with Collins, Young, and Zion collapsing the D at all times. 

 

6 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Hawks trying their best to play their way out of the Zion sweepstakes...:lol:

Yall need to forget about Zion. He will not be a Hawk. We will not out tank the four teams ahead of us. One of em is on a 10 game losing streak. Another has a 13 game losing streak going. We are headed in the other direction. And what team would be stupid enough to trade the #1 pick to us? The only way dude is a Hawk is if a ping pong ball bounces our way. The odds of that happening aint good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

 

Yall need to forget about Zion. He will not be a Hawk. We will not out tank the four teams ahead of us. One of em is on a 10 game losing streak. Another has a 13 game losing streak going. We are headed in the other direction. And what team would be stupid enough to trade the #1 pick to us? The only way dude is a Hawk is if a ping pong ball bounces our way. The odds of that happening aint good.

Idk man, the Cavs odds of the number 1 pick are like 3% greater than our odds. It's not as unrealistic as it has been in the past. We could realistically pick anywhere 1-7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Idk man, the Cavs odds of the number 1 pick are like 3% greater than our odds. It's not as unrealistic as it has been in the past. We could realistically pick anywhere 1-7. 

One can dream

Young

Huerter

Williamson

Collins 

And a C

That's some talent right there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0