Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Trae Young

431 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2018 at 7:16 PM, TRUju2111 said:

That Dallas pick not looking like it's going to be a lottery pick. I'd rather have Doncic!

Everyone is always pointing out Trae’s flaws, but let’s take a look at Doncic’s flaws. He is playing nearly 36 mpg yet only averaging 3 more points than Trae. Trae plays 30 mpg. Dallas has lost 7 of their last 10 games. Hawks have won 5 of their last 6. Lukas 3 point percentage has fallen over the last 10 games. Luka is barley averaging 5 assists and is supposed to be the one of the best playmakers in the draft. Trae is nearly 8 assists per game. Everyone knew Luka would be good early, but Trae has always had the highest potential. 

No.11, cwell1, jayu70 and 3 others like this

8 minutes ago, therawest said:

Everyone is always pointing out Trae’s flaws, but let’s take a look at Doncic’s flaws. He is playing nearly 36 mpg yet only averaging 3 more points than Trae. Trae plays 30 mpg. Dallas has lost 7 of their last 10 games. Hawks have won 5 of their last 6. Lukas 3 point percentage has fallen over the last 10 games. Luka is barley averaging 5 assists and is supposed to be the one of the best playmakers in the draft. Trae is nearly 8 assists per game. Everyone knew Luka would be good early, but Trae has always had the highest potential. 

I can't argue due to the stretch both teams are on...Hope it continues

therawest likes this

2 hours ago, therawest said:

Thank you!

therawest and tl;dr like this

Trae shot 19.8 % from 3 (86 attempts) in November. (16 games).

He shot 30.2% in December (43 attempts) -  (12 games, there is one game left in Dec.)

Progress. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Trae shot 19.8 % from 3 (86 attempts) in November. (16 games).

He shot 30.2% in December (43 attempts) -  (12 games, there is one game left in Dec.)

Progress. 

Definitely trending in the right direction. 

He'll have to keep improving or else defenders will start giving him the Rondo/Simmons treatment and dare him to shoot or force him to either kick out or drive. 

On 12/29/2018 at 10:33 PM, VTCrunkler said:

Not on him per se but he's not as good as Doncic. I'm sh.... on a franchise that passed over chris Paul and fired d ferry. 

how often is the rookie of the year considered the best player in his draft for the long run? It's not how you start it's how you finish

No.11, therawest and blkbigdog35 like this

1 hour ago, cwell1 said:

how often is the rookie of the year considered the best player in his draft for the long run? It's not how you start it's how you finish

I gotcha. Trae could go on to have a good career. It's too early in the process for him. I'm just hoping we didn't make anotter mistake by passing on D. 

18 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Progress.

I can definitely see this. It also helps that Huerter and Bembry have been handling the ball some and Trae is getting catch and shoot opportunities. 

jayu70 likes this

On 1/12/2019 at 0:58 PM, tl;dr said:

Trae Young is going to be criticized from now until the end of time. Still my guy though...

I don’t know man. Folks in this town that are real ATL want him to succeed. He’s getting better in every category. FFS is right though about the turnovers but the game is so fast now and everybody is so young that most teams are turning it over. 

2 hours ago, Black Francis said:

I don’t know man. Folks in this town that are real ATL want him to succeed. He’s getting better in every category. FFS is right though about the turnovers but the game is so fast now and everybody is so young that most teams are turning it over. 

There will always be Luka guy though. Kinda like how there was always Vick guy whenever Ryan was mentioned. People kept thinking things would be different the other way around. 

52 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

There will always be Luka guy though. Kinda like how there was always Vick guy whenever Ryan was mentioned. People kept thinking things would be different the other way around. 

I was a Luka guy. That’s over now. It’s done. We ATL fans have to ride or die with Trae. I’m full on board with Trae. That’s how we roll. That’s that. He’s got my full support. All the way. 

tl;dr, No.11, jayu70 and 2 others like this

On 1/17/2019 at 0:19 AM, Black Francis said:

I was a Luka guy. That’s over now. It’s done. We ATL fans have to ride or die with Trae. I’m full on board with Trae. That’s how we roll. That’s that. He’s got my full support. All the way. 

Yeah. Luka is water under the bridge. Trae is living up to his own expectations. Quite frankly it is fun to watch. 

Black Francis likes this

Bleh tonight sucked. Trae missed several 3's early, but wasn't the only problem tonight.

Since we are determined to keep comparing Luka and Trae... Luka was 3/14 and 0/5 on 3's tonight. Also went 2/4 from the strike. 

24 minutes ago, DirtybyrdGA said:

The four letter word (realgm Hawks board don't want you mentioning him) on the Mavs got ejected too.

Ahhhh my bad dawg! Forgot I couldn't say **** on here