Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Trae Young

398 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2018 at 8:11 PM, jayu70 said:

It's gonna be an even longer season if Trae doesn't think he has a shot selection problem:

For his part, Young says his shot selection has been fine. 
“I don’t’ think I’ve been shooting a lot of terrible shots,” he said. “I’ve missed a lot of shots when I’ve been wide open.”

First step in fixing a problem, admit you have a problem!

All the way this. Dude is chucking some bad shots, and is extremely inefficient with those middle-of-the-logo three bombs.  I wish Pierce would convince that guy that he can't keep chucking shots like that as he is hurting the team.

30 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Don't want to overreact yet, but right now it's looking like trading Luka was a mistake

Luka was definitely the more seasoned player due to him playing professionally in Europe. Luka has a much better supporting cast around him too. I say that not to take away from Luka, but to emphasize Trae would look better with better teammates. I think when it’s all said and done it’ll be an argument similar to Kobe vs Tmac when both players were great at the time and it becomes a matter of preference. The tie breaker becomes the potential extra lottery.

19 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

He statistically has one of the worst seasons in NBA history

In shooting efficiency, and the season isn't halfway over yet so that is subject to change. I know this is AFMB, but let's try to keep things in perspective.

He's still averaging 7.1 APG, which is very good.

blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

3 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

In shooting efficiency, and the season isn't halfway over yet so that is subject to change. I know this is AFMB, but let's try to keep things in perspective.

It’s no use man some of us understand this is a rebuild and we have to be patient with these guys!

4 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Not sure if you visit other boards, but there are some who spread the negativity around on all forums.. they just view it as “being real” or “tru”.. 

No.11 and tl;dr like this

Trae Young's inefficiency is disturbing, and combining that with his lackluster defensive chops means he's terrible outside of his elite passing and emerging leadership skills. 

That being said, I fully expect him to look like a different player next year. Rookie PG is notoriously hard to play at a consistently high level, but he won't have the same excuses next year.

Our rebuild will be off to a solid start if Trae takes that leap forward next year to go along with Collins' rapid ascent. Will need more talent to help out, of course.

Eazy123 likes this

23 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Trae Young's inefficiency is disturbing, and combining that with his lackluster defensive chops means he's terrible outside of his elite passing and emerging leadership skills. 

That being said, I fully expect him to look like a different player next year. Rookie PG is notoriously hard to play at a consistently high level, but he won't have the same excuses next year.

Our rebuild will be off to a solid start if Trae takes that leap forward next year to go along with Collins' rapid ascent. Will need more talent to help out, of course.

His team defense is actually not that bad. He is rarely out of position and has given good effort every night.  I thought it would be much worse, but I believe this has been one of the more surprising aspects of his rookie season. 

Eazy123 and No.11 like this

I give Trae the side eye a lot these days, but he had a very good game tonight. 

As I said in the other thread:

15 pts on 5/9 shooting (efficient), 10 assists, just 2 turnovers, 1 steal, and didn't attempt a 3 pointer all game for the first time all year. Of course he needs to shoot 3s, but stop jacking the crazy 30 foot bombs. Run the offense and get your 3s closer in and in rhythm

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

I think he will be fine. He's got great passing skills and I think his shot will only get better. I'm not going to panic about him yet. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

It’s no use man some of us understand this is a rebuild and we have to be patient with these guys!

I know I had a post where I was critical of him, but I really do think he's going to be fine. He's a rookie on a bad team. Let's see how he looks when the talent around him is better. 

I wanted Doncic so very badly. It’s in the draft thread so this isn’t in hindsight however I hope and pray that Trae makes me forget those feelings eventually. Not today though. 

15 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I know I had a post where I was critical of him, but I really do think he's going to be fine. He's a rookie on a bad team. Let's see how he looks when the talent around him is better. 

Yeah man big learning curve!

3 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

It’s crazy how quick some write others off.. give him time.. 

I don’t see where that’s happened. I mean. Complaints. Observations are made but that doesn’t equate a write off. Yeah I saw the bust comment. Most though are just more concerned than anything. Which is fair. As fans. My thing is to me Trae has to be as good or better than Doncic for this to be the right organizational move IMO. It’s early though. I’m on his side though. Behind him 1000 percent.