Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Trae Young

398 posts in this topic

What is this hype.

This team is 3-11(soon enough) and this kids is playing street ball. Why couldnt we have kept Horford. He was money. This kid is a myth:ninja:

I like the fact he shoots Curry type poor shots, misses them, and nobody calls him out on this.

Curry gets away chucking them from the half way line because hes the most prolific shooter in NBA history. Young is going to be a journeyman at best when we get tired of losing behind is 0-19 3 point shooting.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:31 AM, iDash said:

Here's the stats so far,

Luka vs Chucker

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3945274/luka-doncic .449/.365 19PPG 3.9AST 7.6REB

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4277905/trae-young..363/.148 14PPG 9.1AST 3.2REB

Good news,

Luka is leading Dallas at 8-9 on the verge of Playoffs. Way out of TOP 5 pick spot!

Chucker? Lol, at least try to be original.

blkbigdog35 likes this

the games I watch coaching is bad, no creativity for young, please set high ball screens non stop today, he takes those long range 3's because no screens at all

Folks 20 games in and I am even more impressed with this guy.  Specifically his handles, ability to get to the rim, and passing. 

I would not be surprised if he led the league in assists by the end of the year. Right now he is ranked third!  Not among rookies but the entire league!  I’ll admit his 3 point shot is not falling right now. After his Friday performance where he scored 5 points, he stayed in the stadium after the game and worked on his shot for two hours with his dad. Then showed up two hours before the game on Sunday putting up shots. Sunday night he hit 4 threes in that game. He shot will eventually fall. 

Edited by therawest
Typo
Emmitt likes this

On 11/23/2018 at 2:31 AM, iDash said:

Here's the stats so far,

Luka vs Chucker

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3945274/luka-doncic .449/.365 19PPG 3.9AST 7.6REB

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4277905/trae-young..363/.148 14PPG 9.1AST 3.2REB

Good news,

Luka is leading Dallas at 8-9 on the verge of Playoffs. Way out of TOP 5 pick spot!

Shouldn't you be comparing Luka to Trae plus a first round pick?

Dawggone, therawest, Emmitt and 1 other like this

On 23/11/2018 at 1:31 AM, iDash said:

Here's the stats so far,

Luka vs Chucker

Good news,

I'm not too worried about his shooting. He needs to stop taking 3s from 33 feet out though. Trae Young isn't going to be a career 36% shooter. He may never be an elite scorer but he should be able to average 20+ 45% and 35% 3pt as he gets older. What has me excited as heck is his passing. Guy is an assist machine. If we end up with a top 3 pick + Dallas pick in the 6-12 range we have the chance at getting some amazing talent. 

Also, while Doncic is the better player ATM he is also by far the more polished of the two. Guy is playing like a veteran out there, it seems the importance of his time in Europe was not overhyped. On the flipside though, one wonders about his ceiling... my guess is Doncic is playing a lot closer to his ceiling than Young. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

7 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I'm not too worried about his shooting. He needs to stop taking 3s from 33 feet out though. Trae Young isn't going to be a career 36% shooter. He may never be an elite scorer but he should be able to average 20+ 45% and 35% 3pt as he gets older. What has me excited as heck is his passing. Guy is an assist machine. If we end up with a top 3 pick + Dallas pick in the 6-12 range we have the chance at getting some amazing talent. 

Also, while Doncic is the better player ATM he is also by far the more polished of the two. Guy is playing like a veteran out there, it seems the importance of his time in Europe was not overhyped. On the flipside though, one wonders about his ceiling... my guess is Doncic is playing a lot closer to his ceiling than Young. 

I agree with this. Although I believe he will keep shooting the 35 footers because even though he does not make them at a high percentage, it forces teams guard him out further and further. This opens up space for other players on the team and gives young the opportunity to dribble past guys and get to the rim or find open teammates. They have been preaching pace and Space. His deep three pointers helps create additional space. 

1 hour ago, therawest said:

I agree with this. Although I believe he will keep shooting the 35 footers because even though he does not make them at a high percentage, it forces teams guard him out further and further. This opens up space for other players on the team and gives young the opportunity to dribble past guys and get to the rim or find open teammates. They have been preaching pace and Space. His deep three pointers helps create additional space. 

You have to make it at a decent clip in order for it to be worth guarding though. His 3pt% is 24% right now... That KILLS floor spacing.

Edited by Dr Long Shot

21 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The Dallas pick right now is #18. Dallas has been on fire lately.

I'm really excite by Trae. Most 1st round picks take longer to get going in their career, if they ever do. I'm expecting big things from him once he starts putting up numbers like this consistently. 

2 hours ago, tactician said:

The Dallas pick right now is #18. Dallas has been on fire lately.

There are like 8 teams less than 2 games behind Dallas. It's early and the Western conference has 14 potential playoff teams. That pick could end up being anywhere from 6-18

Emmitt and therawest like this

On 11/28/2018 at 7:45 PM, Dr Long Shot said:

You have to make it at a decent clip in order for it to be worth guarding though. His 3pt% is 24% right now... That KILLS floor spacing.

True but teams aren’t backing off of him yet. They are still picking him up at half court or doubling him on the perimeter. If they start to call his bluff and back off of him and dare him to keep shooting it and he is still shooting at a low rate, that will be trouble. 

9 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

There are like 8 teams less than 2 games behind Dallas. It's early and the Western conference has 14 potential playoff teams. That pick could end up being anywhere from 6-18

It could end up 1-20 really.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:37 AM, UGABOZ said:

the games I watch coaching is bad, no creativity for young, please set high ball screens non stop today, he takes those long range 3's because no screens at all

So its the coachs fault Young Chuck(er) throws up terrible shots?:lol:

12 hours ago, Forever Julian said:

So its the coachs fault Young Chuck(er) throws up terrible shots?:lol:

coaching can help his game, having young go down the court and dribble in circles without sets and high ball screens is that dumb*** coach, where is the off ball screens for young, why does prince dribble with his head down and never makes the extra pass? coaching , the guy looks lost ala dan quinn part 2

It's gonna be an even longer season if Trae doesn't think he has a shot selection problem:

For his part, Young says his shot selection has been fine. 
“I don’t’ think I’ve been shooting a lot of terrible shots,” he said. “I’ve missed a lot of shots when I’ve been wide open.”

First step in fixing a problem, admit you have a problem!