Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Trae Young

398 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, bweb blapho said:

Trae just keeps impressing.  He WILL be ROY.  He has amazing handles, amazing range, amazing court vision, great passing strength, great agility.  He's got it all, folks!  He WILL be the next NBA superstar.

Forget Prince.  Trae should be the go-to guy.

Yeah, pretty much everything he did in college he's now doing at a higher level. I thought Prince would be the guy, but Trae is already making his case as the Hawks best player and one of the top PGs in the East. But this is a good problem to have provided that Prince continues to improve as well.

therawest likes this

On 10/20/2018 at 0:01 PM, bweb blapho said:

After watching TY in every game so far (including Summer League), I like him more and more after each game.  His game last night was setting up to be his bust out game after his first quarter performance.

I've been watching the NBA since the '70's.  I know a star when I see one.  Trae Young will be a Superstar.  There is no doubt in my mind.  Trae Young and John Collins will ultimately accomplish what Stockton and Malone never did.

This Hawks team may lose more than they win this year (which is good for getting another high draft pick next year), but it is the most exciting team the Hawks have had since the 60 win season.

I wasn't kidding, y'all! 

No.11 likes this

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

I'm just going to leave this here. 

The rookies made Travis  Schlenk look like a genius tonight.  Trae Young went off!

37 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I am Trae Young's biggest fan now. Who every doubted that he was going to be a flat out star?!?!?!?!

Definitely not me. I believe it was WOR that was bagging on Trae. I saw the potential from day one. Just wait til he grows into his body and slows his clock down even more. He's gonna kill the league. I was on the JJJ train with the third pick but when we took Young and got a future first round pick I was like give me some of that. Just wait til Collins comes back. And LMAO at the dude who said Prince is a wanna be. Not flashy but definitely effective. I expect a break out year from him. We may be set at the 1,3 and 4. Plus Len looks decent at the 5. We might just be one or two players away from getting back in the mix.

Drew4719 likes this

Trey Trae's first home game tomorrow night.  Each game he has had progressively better stats.  Of course, that can't continue forever.  But, it would be amazing if he could continue that and have a huge game for his home debut.  I will be there to witness it.

I’m sitting here watching NBATV and they highlighting the Atlanta vs Dallas Matchup tonight. They said Trae Young is averaging 12 points and 4 assists per game. What!? Am I crazy? Isn’t he averaging 23 points and 8 assists through 3 games?  By the way, they got Luka’s stats correct at 18ppg and 4 assists. 

On 10/23/2018 at 10:49 AM, bweb blapho said:

Trey Trae's first home game tomorrow night.  Each game he has had progressively better stats.  Of course, that can't continue forever.  But, it would be amazing if he could continue that and have a huge game for his home debut.  I will be there to witness it.

Sweet. I wish I could be there. Gotta let us know what the new arena is like. 

Off night for Ice Trae last night.  Frustration and then fouls killed his game.  But, he blew off the frustration and came through in the 4th qtr just like a superstar would.  THAT was impressive!  And the whole arena erupted.  Hasn't been that loud since the Hawks' 19 game winning streak.  I remember the loudest point (at lease the one that I attended) was when Korver was setting up for a 3 at crunch time to beat Memphis and he hit it.  It almost blew the roof off the building.

putnam6 and therawest like this

On 10/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, bweb blapho said:

I'm not yet sold on Prince.  I think, right now, especially with Collins out, Prince is the only one-on-one go to.  So, he's going to get numbers by default.   When Collins returns, I think the Hawks will be Showtime with Young to Collins.  Prince will fill in the rest.  But, Prince has to show consistency and kill the "go-to guy" role -- like how TY shot that 3-pt'r at the buzzer.

At worst, Prince can be a good role player.  But, Collins and Young will be superstars.  I've seen the future and it is bright for the Hawks!  And, this is something I have never been able to say, even during the Nique years.  Well, once, when Reggie Theus joined Moses and Nique.  But, everybody was wrong on that one.

That Malone,Theus year was so frustrating, Nique,Willis, Rivers,Randy Wittman, Spud,Levingston,Tree,Carr were so close before but could never get over that Boston Detroit Hump. In their first year didnt they lose to the Bucks or Sixers in round one. remember Jon Koncak lol Think now you got to have all the guys come in and grow together, is why Trae,Collins and Prince have got a chance dont know if anybody else is worth a crap, but think they still need an enforcer somebody to eat up boards play defense. LOL heard Willis still looks like he is in playing shape. 

On 10/23/2018 at 10:49 AM, bweb blapho said:

I witnessed it too. Dude got in foul trouble in the first half but made plenty plays down the stretch. Only played 25 minutes and still had 17 pts, 5 ast and 4 reb. Missed some shots but made em when they counted. I think he's gonna eventually be a top 5 point guard. Luka may end up being better but Trae and a first rounder is a nice haul. Good job.