Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Trae Young

398 posts in this topic

Predictably, known-Atlanta-hater Michael Wilbon says Trae Young show boats too often and deserved to be ejected. "Shoot then go back down the court."

Will be waiting for his opinions on Westbrook, Curry, and Lebron doing stuff like that every night. 

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Predictably, known-Atlanta-hater Michael Wilbon says Trae Young show boats too often and deserved to be ejected. "Shoot then go back down the court."

Will be waiting for his opinions on Westbrook, Curry, and Lebron doing stuff like that every night. 

Can’t stand that dude.  He’s a straight punk 

Drew4719 likes this

56 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Can’t stand that dude.  He’s a straight punk 

He's so anti-Atlanta it hurts. I have no idea why he hates us so much. He wouldn't say a bad word if it was Curry or someone who did that. He would be talking about how the NBA was dumb for messing with Curry, etc. 

jayu70, Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

I love his attitude:

"The blockbuster deal and Doncic’s rapid ascent to rookie of the year favorite have ensured that Young and the executive who drafted him — Atlanta’s general manager, Travis Schlenk — hear about what Doncic is doing on the floor every day. But Young, whose size and strength were routinely questioned by talent evaluators before the draft, doesn’t duck that talk. He is tough enough to embrace it. “I know it’s a part of my life now,” Young said in a telephone interview last Friday, hours before he rang up 49 points, 16 assists and 8 rebounds in a quadruple-overtime loss to the Chicago Bulls. 

“I tell everybody that hopefully we’re both 15-plus years down the line and we’re still playing and it’s a competition that’s been going since draft night,” Young said. “I think it’s going to go on forever, so might as well just accept it and take it on as a challenge.”  

That first month of the year was difficult for me,” Young said. “There’s definitely an adjustment period for any college shooter. And I think that’s what I was going through early on in the season. I was shooting terrible. I was really just thinking about it too much.” And now? “The game,” Young said, “is really starting to slow down for me.

– via New York Times  Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks

Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

20 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Per Schlenk, both of Trae's technicals were rescinded.

Wow lol doesn't fix him getting kicked out but it's a slap in the refs face

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

Wow lol doesn't fix him getting kicked out but it's a slap in the refs face

At least he doesn't have to pay any fines.

Wow. Just wow. I don’t want to miss a second of this guy’s play. Almost a 50 point triple double. 

I think we need to give the young fellas some rest down the stretch. Fatigue leads to bad habits and he is definitely fatigued.

A quick look at Trae's last 15 games (2/22 to 3/21):

• 24.9 - PPG
  • 44.2% - FG%
  • 40.4% - 3PT%
  • 87.2% - FT%
  • 4.5 - Rebounds per game
  • 8.7 - Assists per game
  • 2.24:1 - Assist to Turnover Ratio

Boy has been ballin. This is probably the level of production we can expect from him going forward. Those are All Star numbers. Especially considering some of the jaw dropping plays he had in those games.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

A quick look at Trae's last 15 games (2/22 to 3/21):

• 24.9 - PPG
  • 44.2% - FG%
  • 40.4% - 3PT%
  • 87.2% - FT%
  • 4.5 - Rebounds per game
  • 8.7 - Assists per game
  • 2.24:1 - Assist to Turnover Ratio

Boy has been ballin. This is probably the level of production we can expect from him going forward. Those are All Star numbers. Especially considering some of the jaw dropping plays he had in those games.

Here're Luka's last 15 games for comparison purposes (2/10 to 3/21):

• 22.3 - PPG
  • 40.7% - FG%
  • 28.1% - 3PT%
  • 65.3% - FT%
  • 9.3 - Rebounds per game
  • 6.6 - Assists per game
  • 1.60:1 - Assist to Turnover Ratio

Shooting% is down, but solid numbers overall. Especially rebounding. Not on the same level with Trae's last 15 games. I see he's been inactive a few times, so maybe he's suffering from an injury, or perhaps has hit the rookie wall a bit.

therawest and Drew4719 like this