Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Trae Young

398 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2019 at 8:50 PM, UGABOZ said:

need one big free agent , just a guy that can gel with the young guys and move us forward, 2019-20 should not be a wait and see year, 

Agree. It will be interesting to see if we can become a free agent destination that soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Great Read!

 

He didn't even need to say it himself. Trae's growth has been on full display for everyone who watches him play consistently and isn't just looking for an excuse to criticize him.

This kid is going to be a monster in his prime. Wouldn't be surprised to see 25 PPG, 10 APG averages and maybe even a 50-40-90 shooting percentages like Nash 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, therawest said:

Agree. It will be interesting to see if we can become a free agent destination that soon. 

It’s gonna be Demarcus Cousins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trae is clearly one of the best point guards to come into the NBA in a while. Not many point guards have the ability to initiate the offense like he can plus score in several ways. The ones that do end up being stars. 

 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

Trae is clearly one of the best point guards to come into the NBA in a while. Not many point guards have the ability to initiate the offense like he can plus score in several ways. The ones that do end up being stars. 

 

 

To be honest, Trae is already a star.

 

He will become an all-star in due time if he keeps it up and continues to progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

To be honest, Trae is already a star.

 

He will become an all-star in due time if he keeps it up and continues to progress.

Despite the losing effort, Trae Young had 30 points and 10 assists last night! Just look at his average 22.0 points and 9.1 assists per game. All he has to do now is put on some weight and become a better rebounder. I love how the mainstream media is overhyping Luka Donic while Trae isn't getting the respect. Continue to prove the doubters wrong. Never go by the FIRST year, it's always continuity and how you finish. The mainstream media is underestimating the historical rookie stats Trae Young is doing what hasn't been done with rookies in years, and a lot of those rookies ended up getting their teams to the NBA Finals at least one time in their careers or won one. If we can build as a young team and get Anthony Edwards from Atlanta to come to the Hawks after his career with the DAWGS, then our franchise is set for the future for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoneOne01 said:

Trae is clearly one of the best point guards to come into the NBA in a while. Not many point guards have the ability to initiate the offense like he can plus score in several ways. The ones that do end up being stars. 

 

I think you mean one the best to ever come into the NBA. I looked it up the other day. The only point guard who was head and shoulders above Trae in their rookie year is Allen Iverson. That includes Steve Nash, Stephen Curry, Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Chris Paul...

 

dont beleive me, go look those players rookie stats. By The way Allen Iversons career numbers are unreal. 

ZoneOne01 and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Despite the losing effort, Trae Young had 30 points and 10 assists last night! Just look at his average 22.0 points and 9.1 assists per game. All he has to do now is put on some weight and become a better rebounder. I love how the mainstream media is overhyping Luka Donic while Trae isn't getting the respect. Continue to prove the doubters wrong. Never go by the FIRST year, it's always continuity and how you finish. The mainstream media is underestimating the historical rookie stats Trae Young is doing what hasn't been done with rookies in years, and a lot of those rookies ended up getting their teams to the NBA Finals at least one time in their careers or won one. If we can build as a young team and get Anthony Edwards from Atlanta to come to the Hawks after his career with the DAWGS, then our franchise is set for the future for sure. 

How do the Hawks get Anthony Edwards to just come to the Hawks after his career with the Dawgs?

He'll most likely put his name in the 2020 draft after a one and done season in Athens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trae Young is averaging 20.8 PPG, 9.3 APG on 39.5% shooting and 40% from 3 in February. 

He hit rock bottom in November, but has been getting better each and every month. Don't think this ROY race is quite over yet...

Drew4719 and jayu70 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Well I think we got a glimpse of Trae's ceiling tonight. Superstar potential. Him plus a possible Top 10 pick from DAL? Yeah give me that. I'm pretty much convinced we won that trade.

Yeah, the better Trae plays, the more Schlenk is grinning, and the more drinks Mark Cuban is having realizing that he got robbed on draft day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JerseyNo11 said:

Yeah, the better Trae plays, the more Schlenk is grinning, and the more drinks Mark Cuban is having realizing that he got robbed on draft day.

I don't think Cuban will mind, Luka is pretty darn good. He got hit guy

Dr Long Shot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night’s game was a reflection of what his overall game looks like when his three point shot is falling.  He put up 36 points on Houston while the while nba world was looking for Harden to extend his 30 ppg streak. What they got was a whole lot of Trae!

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Well I think we got a glimpse of Trae's ceiling tonight. Superstar potential. Him plus a possible Top 10 pick from DAL? Yeah give me that. I'm pretty much convinced we won that trade.

Yup, and if he starts getting some calls his free throw rate should increase. He is already becoming an efficient scorer after starting so abysmally. He has a TS% of around 56-57% the last couple of months which is really good for a PG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trae’s game is amazing.  Due to his size limitations, everything he does is more difficult t pull off - driving to the basket, getting his jump shot off, etc.   Trae is so quick and his handle so good that he can just punish teams when hitting on all cylinders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Trae’s game is amazing.  Due to his size limitations, everything he does is more difficult t pull off - driving to the basket, getting his jump shot off, etc.   Trae is so quick and his handle so good that he can just punish teams when hitting on all cylinders.

Ya it's getting more and more obvious that he is going to be a superstar, next year is going to be fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The potential and flashes were always there, but I think the light is coming on for Trae. Dude just makes plays. He did it in Oklahoma, and he's doing it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude almost had a 36 point triple double in a win!  If you were not convinced before, what’s your excuse now?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0