TV alert falcons highlights

It was on NFLN. Basically just a summary of our season. Nothing you haven’t seen before if you kept up with interviews/mic’d ups etc. throughout the year. 

Was a nice refresher of our season for sure. So glad football is finally on the horizon. 

13 minutes ago, shock said:

It was on NFLN. Basically just a summary of our season. Nothing you haven’t seen before if you kept up with interviews/mic’d ups etc. throughout the year. 

Was a nice refresher of our season for sure. So glad football is finally on the horizon. 

Falcons really dug themselves a hole with the two inexcusable home losses to Miami and Buffalo.  It was great that we battled back to make the playoffs after those debacles.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons really dug themselves a hole with the two inexcusable home losses to Miami and Buffalo.  It was great that we battled back to make the playoffs after those debacles.

Would’ve been the difference between home field throughout the playoffs.... And probably a super bowl berth.

27 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Seems like Falcons lost home field advantage with new stadium - soooo many empty seats!

I’d say that’s a little bit of a misconception. I made it to a game and it was crazy how baller the stadium is. You’re pretty much encouraged to not be in your seat which was so weird. There are a lot of spots to watch the game besides your seat. 

Also since it was the inaugural season in the stadium, people wanted to check out the new digs. I liked the analogy DQ used that it was like the team was throwing a party and everyone was checking out the new house rather than partying. Hopefully the novelty/newness wears off a bit and more fans are ready to party this year (all the way to the super bowl) 

Edited by shock

1 hour ago, shock said:

I’d say that’s a little bit of a misconception. I made it to a game and it was crazy how baller the stadium is. You’re pretty much encouraged to not be in your seat which was so weird. There are a lot of spots to watch the game besides your seat. 

Also since it was the inaugural season in the stadium, people wanted to check out the new digs. I liked the analogy DQ used that it was like the team was throwing a party and everyone was checking out the new house rather than partying. Hopefully the novelty/newness wears off a bit and more fans are ready to party this year (all the way to the super bowl) 

agreed w/ how the stadium almost encourages you to not be in your seat - but that is the PROBLEM!!!  - I remember watching games where it looked like it was a pre-season game the seats were so empty.

Hope the novelty wears off as well but if the home team doesn't have a large advantage at a HOME game, then going 12-4 or 13-3 becomes more difficult.   A really good NFL team like the FALCONS should have a YUUUUUGE advantage at home and we should expect a 7-1 home record during prime years like now.

18 hours ago, g-dawg said:

My neighbor was a huge Dolphins fan and we were going to that game together.  But days before, he died in a car crash and his funeral was during the game instead.  A part of me was glad the Dolphins could get him a win.

4 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

My neighbor was a huge Dolphins fan and we were going to that game together.  But days before, he died in a car crash and his funeral was during the game instead.  A part of me was glad the Dolphins could get him a win.

Sorry about your friend.

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

Went down last year and never even saw my seat. The balcony over the end zone is a perfect view with beer and bathrooms a few feet away. Why would we go to the seats with that kind of view and convenience?

Did you make as much noise in the end zone with a beer in your hands as you would have in your seats?

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Did you make as much noise in the end zone with a beer in your hands as you would have in your seats?

Yeah we met some really fun Vikings fans and had some good ribbings and tomfoolery. Best part is I got to stand for EVERY down and not have someone say they can't see and there were way more people around to high five.

(Trying to upload a photo of the view from my phone but it's not letting me)

Edit: Here is the link.