Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sluggo

Latest on Julio at NFL.com (07/20)

106 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s how every man should think. Respect to Julio 

Well, he's now took it down.. I believe that's a good call on his part. But I dont believe the tention is settled with the Falcons now 

16 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Well, he's now took it down.. I believe that's a good call on his part. But I dont believe the tention is settled with the Falcons now 

Regardless he simply doesn’t care what anyone has to say about the things he’s doing. End of the day, like I said earlier, Julio brought this about. The team planned all along to do it after this season. Julio and his people are the ones who don’t understand how it works. In the end, he doesn’t really have a reason to care about what people say, including fans who have voiced their negative opinions 

papachaz and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Regardless he simply doesn’t care what anyone has to say about the things he’s doing. End of the day, like I said earlier, Julio brought this about. The team planned all along to do it after this season. Julio and his people are the ones who don’t understand how it works. In the end, he doesn’t really have a reason to care about what people say, including fans who have voiced their negative opinions 

True, but I'd like to see him want to get back to normal with everything. I think people are just in disbelief that things have gone like they have so far. Julio's halo is a little crooked atm

PokerSteve and ya_boi_j like this

11 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

True, but I'd like to see him want to get back to normal with everything. I think people are just in disbelief that things have gone like they have so far. Julio's halo is a little crooked atm

Think about it, we know absolutely nothing about julio off the field. For all we know Julio has always been this way and just showing it publicly now. It’s easy to assume humble players don’t have another side to them behind closed doors

Just screw the side games and drama...contract nego and the side circus shows!! And get on with biz-ness. This mess is nothing more than a sideshow for those seeking drama. If he sits he sits if he shows he shows, if he gets paid he gets paid, if he goes, he goes, Let’s get moving towards the goal, e.g., The Lombardi.  And, in the end the results will play out sans the foul gut wind from the collective wisdom of this board ! 

This has been nothing more than a puff of rotten air from the bowels of the malcontents that have been bored... all will be cured in about 6 weeks brothers! 

falconette00 and papachaz like this

While I know the FO has said they always planned to redo his deal next year doesn't mean Julio has known that. 

3 minutes ago, shc said:

While I know the FO has said they always planned to redo his deal next year doesn't mean Julio has known that. 

Which is why I keep saying Julio and his people must not know how the business works. Who the **** is his agent? Is his agent even established or has any other big names?

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Which is why I keep saying Julio and his people must not know how the business works. Who the **** is his agent? Is his agent even established or has any other big names?

His agent is the same one that screwed scottie pippen over on a front loaded 8 year deal.. So yeah, his reputation isn't that great 

ya_boi_j likes this

6 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

His agent is the same one that screwed scottie pippen over on a front loaded 8 year deal.. So yeah, his reputation isn't that great 

Lol **** did Julio even do any research before hiring 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

8 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

It was reported that Julio was very upset that this news was leaked to the media (by the Athletic, from an inside team source) that the Falcons were not re-negotiating his contract.

So you’re saying his feelings are shredded??

:ninja:

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You are right. A lot of accusations and hypothetical scenarios has been discussed. But it's mostly assumptions or based on appearances. I'll just let it play out and support the team that suits up week 1.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

17 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Imo, Julio is now making his self look like a idiot.. A rap song isn't going to help him, and dissin his fans will make him look worse in the end 

Posts like this is exactly why he should think like that. 

22 hours ago, apl2g said:

I think Julio must have expected this. Or at least knew this was a possibility. I think him not showing up to mini camp was his way of showing that he was serious about wanting a new deal soon. So now that they promised to negotiate after the season, I think the issue is resolved 

It means Falcons are saying =get us Lombardi and we pay you. If you under perform or they miss playoffs, he will be traded. Its very simple! 

With 3 years left in contract  and 2 TDs last season, deleting all falcons pics from Instagram  - how does his agent or him have the audacity to pull this off at the pivotal year in Falcons history. 

Superbowl is in Atlanta = Anything short of superbowl appearance will be a failure.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Posts like this is exactly why he should think like that. 

Yeah, poor Julio now he's the victim 

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

It means Falcons are saying =get us Lombardi and we pay you. If you under perform or they miss playoffs, he will be traded. Its very simple! 

With 3 years left in contract  and 2 TDs last season, deleting all falcons pics from Instagram  - how does his agent or him have the audacity to pull this off at the pivotal year in Falcons history. 

Superbowl is in Atlanta = Anything short of superbowl appearance will be a failure.

No that’s not what they are saying at all

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

13 hours ago, apl2g said:

No that’s not what they are saying at all

I don't understand how and why some of our fans come up with this nonsense.

JJ and his agent at best wanted something done this offseason or to express urgency for next year. If JJ shows up for camp, this is in no way impactful to the team or season.

I don't sense hard feelings from either side so far at all. Its just business.

apl2g, ATLFalcons11, Vandy and 1 other like this

43 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

JJ and his agent at best wanted something done this offseason or to express urgency for next year. If JJ shows up for camp, this is in no way impactful to the team or season.

Exactly. Some ppl just like drama and controversy 

On 7/20/2018 at 0:35 PM, ya_boi_j said:

that was the plan all along. julio just decided to get a headstart. may not have a complete understanding of how the business side works

Let’s fast forward to the day after Atlanta wins the Lombardi in 2019: Retrospective reveals Julio had an absolute monster year, and named MVP of the Super Bowl...and Overlord of Peachtree St, all 27 of them in Ga.

Unless the NFL raises the team cap by 30 mil, we most likely will say g’bye to either him or MR2 before being presented their SB ring...else, the team may get gutted! And, will build anew with draft picks galore. 

MY feeling is, Julio is destined for decoy status in a good many games this year to build up Calvin and the rest...this in turn will bleed his productivity, and cloud his stats. 

Hope im wrong and totally off base, and will be okay with being told, you dumb donkey! 

^ nope

IMO there is not a player besides Ryan that Blank and friends would keep over Jones. They love everything about the guy.

anyone talking about trading or releasing him is wasting their time. Save your hot air, it’s getting too warm in here.

10 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Let’s fast forward to the day after Atlanta wins the Lombardi in 2019: Retrospective reveals Julio had an absolute monster year, and named MVP of the Super Bowl...and Overlord of Peachtree St, all 27 of them in Ga.

Unless the NFL raises the team cap by 30 mil, we most likely will say g’bye to either him or MR2 before being presented their SB ring...else, the team may get gutted! And, will build anew with draft picks galore. 

MY feeling is, Julio is destined for decoy status in a good many games this year to build up Calvin and the rest...this in turn will bleed his productivity, and cloud his stats. 

Hope im wrong and totally off base, and will be okay with being told, you dumb donkey! 

You dumb donkey 

roguebeaver likes this

On 7/20/2018 at 5:52 PM, falconfansince66 said:

IF Julio does want to get paid (as though he's not already) like he wants, he's going to have to get out there this year and be the man. There's no way he should miss camp/preseason as he does need to get in there and allow and maybe even help Ridley become the player that can pay off huge dividends for Julio as I believe Ridley's going to require some heavy attention by mid-season and who else to take advantage of that than Julio! 

Julio not being there has probably already helped Ridley he's got a chance to work with Matt a lot more than had Jones been present

10 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Exactly, lots of overblown nonsense here and in the media. That's what happens when you have to find stories 24/7/365. What's happened so far is that Julio has missed 3 days of meaningless work in June. Falcons weren't even concerned enough about it to fine him. Not that the money would have hurt Julio, but it would have made the point they were annoyed with him.

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this