Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sluggo

Latest on Julio at NFL.com (07/20)

106 posts in this topic

The battle is over. Showing up for Ryan's camp was the first sign. Julio is going to have to bite the bullet and put in another season before he can get a new deal. I think there's a 90 percent chance he'll be in camp from Day One and the issue will be shelved until end of the season.

Edit: And if so, thank you to all who worked so hard and so tirelessly on resolving this here in TATF.  :lol:

43 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

The battle is over. Showing up for Ryan's camp was the first sign. Julio is going to have to bite the bullet and put in another season before he can get a new deal. I think there's a 90 percent chance he'll be in camp from Day One and the issue will be shelved until end of the season.

Edit: And if so, thank you to all who worked so hard and so tirelessly on resolving this here in TATF.  :lol:

I think you’re right.  He really doesn’t have any cards except holding out, and that’s really an obvious bluff because there’s no way he holds out all season.

Ergo Proxy and PokerSteve like this

I think Julio must have expected this. Or at least knew this was a possibility. I think him not showing up to mini camp was his way of showing that he was serious about wanting a new deal soon. So now that they promised to negotiate after the season, I think the issue is resolved 

2 minutes ago, apl2g said:

I think Julio must have expected this. Or at least knew this was a possibility. I think him not showing up to mini camp was his way of showing that he was serious about wanting a new deal soon. So now that they promised to negotiate after the season, I think the issue is resolved 

I think you nailed it. 

that was the plan all along. julio just decided to get a headstart. may not have a complete understanding of how the business side works

papachaz likes this

It seems that TD and the front office seem to be very upfront with their players. There seems to be a real art to balancing the Cap  and keeping players happy. @apl2g I think said it best. Julio wanted to make sure the FO knew he needed his money no later than next year but had to know it probably wouldn't be available this year.

So now JJ is motivated to be as healthy as possible and come up with a Monster year to bring the Falcons a Lombardi home

Ergo Proxy, papachaz, apl2g and 2 others like this

19 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

It seems that TD and the front office seem to be very upfront with their players. There seems to be a real art to balancing the Cap  and keeping players happy. @apl2g I think said it best. Julio wanted to make sure the FO knew he needed his money no later than next year but had to know it probably wouldn't be available this year.

So now JJ is motivated to be as healthy as possible and come up with a Monster year to bring the Falcons a Lombardi home

Bingo.

This is now essentially a contract year for Julio... and we know players tend to have some of their greatest seasons in that situation.

Kung-Pow and Tim Mazetti like this

3 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

It was reported that Julio was very upset that this news was leaked to the media (by the Athletic, from an inside team source) that the Falcons were not re-negotiating his contract.

This was going to be obvious to everyone at some point.

papachaz, PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

13 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

It was reported that Julio was very upset that this news was leaked to the media (by the Athletic, from an inside team source) that the Falcons were not re-negotiating his contract.

Hopefully he takes his anger out on opposing CBs.

8 minutes ago, Peyton said:

This was going to be obvious to everyone at some point.

I mean seriously, it isn't like anyone was going to forget that he wanted an "adjustment" to his contract.  

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 minute ago, kschreck said:

I mean seriously, it isn't like anyone was going to forget that he wanted an "adjustment" to his contract.  

I did say that I wasn't sure what the motivation for the leak was.

If Julio had already told the team he was going to come to camp, then I think leaking was unnecessary and maybe not the wisest move.

Maybe Julio had been non-committal so the Falcons decided to just lay out where they stand to everybody.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yeah, as has already been said here, think Julio's holdout  this year was  meant to influence next year. 

Ergo Proxy and PokerSteve like this

3 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

I think you’re right.  He really doesn’t have any cards except holding out, and that’s really an obvious bluff because there’s no way he holds out all season.

Exactly. Hold out and miss a legit shot at winning a SB ring? Ain't no way that's going to happen.

Ergo Proxy likes this

17 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Guess Julio's setting the record straight with his ig story :munch:

What he post?

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

What he post?

Rap song, I want it all.. Can't post the lyrics lol basically says F everybody and what they think about him ;)

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

8 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Rap song, I want it all.. Can't post the lyrics lol basically says F everybody and what they think about him ;)

Lyrics also say “mandatory I gotta ball” which was sort of ironic. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, shock said:

Lyrics also say “mandatory I gotta ball” which was sort of ironic. 

Imo, Julio is now making his self look like a idiot.. A rap song isn't going to help him, and dissin his fans will make him look worse in the end 

THEHEADCOACH and papachaz like this

IF Julio does want to get paid (as though he's not already) like he wants, he's going to have to get out there this year and be the man. There's no way he should miss camp/preseason as he does need to get in there and allow and maybe even help Ridley become the player that can pay off huge dividends for Julio as I believe Ridley's going to require some heavy attention by mid-season and who else to take advantage of that than Julio! 

If he gets out there and shows what he is fully capable of then he will need a dump truck to haul his endorsement money with no hit to the cap.

papachaz likes this

6 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I hope you are right sir...I’m soooo tired of hearing and worrying bout this lol

PokerSteve likes this