RING OF HONOR

How in the World (80 Mil)

95 posts in this topic

I can't see where this deal impacts the Julio situation at all, but I can't imagine that Aaron Donald is too pleased that a new guy on an $8 million option got his money before him.

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I can't see where this deal impacts the Julio situation at all, but I can't imagine that Aaron Donald is too pleased that a new guy on an $8 million option got his money before him.

See above @ya_boi_j post..

Nevermind...I missed that " before him" at the end

Edited by RING OF HONOR

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

See above @ya_boi_j post..

That's Aaron Donald's way of leaking to the press that he isn't coming to camp without his deal being done.  I anticipate they will get it done, but I am surprised it's taken this long too.

RING OF HONOR likes this

Just now, Peyton said:

That's Aaron Donald's way of leaking to the press that he isn't coming to camp without his deal being done.  I anticipate they will get it done, but I am surprised it's taken this long too.

Yeah me too...he is the type of player I would've wanted to lock up quick...Definitely want a happy Donald on the team...dont want him thinking about nothing but eating lineman and snacking on QB's

18 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

While Le'veon Bell gets lowballed by Steelers.

Leveon Bell turned down a contract from the Steelers last year that would have made him the highest paid RB in the league by a full 4 million dollars a year. 

Now the Steelers just plan to run him completely into the ground this year on this franchise tag and then figure his best years are up and let him go chase 16 mil a year somewhere else.

Slappywhite likes this

Just now, Peyton said:

Leveon Bell turned down a contract from the Steelers last year that would have made him the highest paid RB in the league by a full 4 million dollars a year. 

Now the Steelers just plan to run him completely into the ground this year on this franchise tag and then figure his best years are up and let him go chase 16 mil a year somewhere else.

I cant believe he just turned down....... 5yr 70 mil

Basically it amounts to him saying no over something like 4-5 mil...ridiculous

46 minutes ago, Peyton said:

How much guaranteed?

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

How much guaranteed?

The last deal he turned down was $70 over 5 years, $33 million guaranteed in the first two years. He was offered a deal that would have paid him $14 mil a year, and the current highest paid running back in the league is Freeman at 8.25 mil a year.

I think the guy is overplaying his hand.

6 minutes ago, Peyton said:

The last deal he turned down was $70 over 5 years, $33 million guaranteed in the first two years. He was offered a deal that would have paid him $14 mil a year, and the current highest paid running back in the league is Freeman at 8.25 mil a year.

IMO he’s worth whatever he’s asking based solely off how much they use him

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sure, but he could easily be shot in two years so I can see why they don't want to pay him $17 mil a year.

19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I dusted of my ball and am working out. Gonna see if I can get a try out.

Just let me on the team for $10K and I promise you I'll make a play. 

Ornamental salaries are out of control and elite WRs haven't been the key to a Lombardi in 10+ years.

Maybe that will start changing but I still believe defense wins rings. Not ornaments.

10k ain’t enough for that pain bro!! 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

15,000,000 a yr would have gotten it done...they offered 14,000,000...I guess one could say why uproot your whole life over 5 mil....but one could also say why lose an historic back over 5 million..

The Steelers also said they will resume after the season...I think he stays..

11 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Sure, but he could easily be shot in two years so I can see why they don't want to pay him $17 mil a year.

But who’s fault would that be though? They can easily pay him and not run him into the ground. 

But who’s fault would that be though? They can easily pay him and not run him into the ground. 

Then he wouldn't be worth the money he's asking.

The guy isn't putting up legendary numbers.  Great numbers....sure....but doubling the highest paid RB in the league? 

Nah.

7 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

15,000,000 a yr would have gotten it done...they offered 14,000,000...I guess one could say why uproot your whole life over 5 mil....but one could also say why lose an historic back over 5 million..

The Steelers also said they will resume after the season...I think he stays..

He acts like he really wants to be there so it’s possible they work it out. I feel like if they’re willing to pay so much on a franchise tag against the cap, they shouldn’t budge on a long term deal either

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

Then he wouldn't be worth the money he's asking.

The guy isn't putting up legendary numbers.  Great numbers....sure....but doubling the highest paid RB in the league? 

Nah.

He’s better than the top 2 cap hits for 2018. Much better. He’s pretty much the best RB in the NFL.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

He’s better than the top 2 cap hits for 2018. Much better. He’s pretty much the best RB in the NFL.

He averaged 4.0 yards per carry last year.  He had 1 hundred yard game in the second half of the season.

It's not like this dude is putting up 150 yards every week.

He acts like he really wants to be there so it’s possible they work it out. I feel like if they’re willing to pay so much on a franchise tag against the cap, they shouldn’t budge on a long term deal either

I think he wants to be there too...Im on the fence...I know he wants what he wants...but I just think it was a great offer..

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I think he wants to be there too...Im on the fence...I know he wants what he wants...but I just think it was a great offer..

Teams are very scared to give RBs with a lot of mileage on them a ton of money.  We've seen RB after RB fall off the cliff in this league.  I think he is going to be pretty disappointed when he gets to free agency.

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

38 minutes ago, Peyton said:

That may be so, but 10 mil guaranteed on this latest deal is rather insulting.

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Wait ... What??? You kidding right??

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I saw that report from Florio but I'm not sure I buy that. 

Maybe though, I think the Steelers are kind of done with him.

9 minutes ago, Peyton said:

He averaged 4.0 yards per carry last year.  He had 1 hundred yard game in the second half of the season.

It's not like this dude is putting up 150 yards every week.

Lol he also had just over 400 regular season touches and close to 2000 all purpose yards. Let’s not act like he’s not earning his money unlike other players in the league demanding big money