Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RING OF HONOR

How in the World (80 Mil)

95 posts in this topic

I might be dead wrong, but I'd be very surprised if JJ is playing football 5 years from now. I think he's more like 2-3 years away from hanging it up. I think his foot bothers him way more than we even know. He's just tough and works through a lot of pain.

MoFalconsFan56 and tactician like this

2 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

Same offense we held to a measly 12 points on their turf in the playoffs last season with a downgrade at WR that they just threw the kitchen sink at. The Rams do not scare me nor do they even hit on my radar for this season.  About the one thing I do hope is that they beat the Saints. It's obvious that they're throwing everything they got to get to the SB this year but come the playoffs, they'll will get "Quinned" again!

The one way we won't have to be scared of the Rams is if someone else takes gem out. At this point I'd prefer to play the Eagles on the playoffs vs the Rams. 

45 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I might be dead wrong, but I'd be very surprised if JJ is playing football 5 years from now. I think he's more like 2-3 years away from hanging it up. I think his foot bothers him way more than we even know. He's just tough and works through a lot of pain.

People on this board that think Julio has 5 more years of peak play are delusional. 

3 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

To quote TD: “Uh Oh”

Dude, Julio is under contract for three more years. He can play under his current contract or retire. He has absolutely no leverage. If he holds out with three years left on his deal he will destroy the good will he has built up. Sorry the market has passed your contract by, that's how it goes.

2 hours ago, tactician said:

Dude, Julio is under contract for three more years. He can play under his current contract or retire. He has absolutely no leverage. If he holds out with three years left on his deal he will destroy the good will he has built up. Sorry the market has passed your contract by, that's how it goes.

That's if Julio wants a new contract. No one outside of Julio, his camp, and the Falcons FO really knows what he wants. It could be possible that he doesn't want a new contract at all, just more of his money guaranteed to him on his current deal.

It seems like people who don't know(the media) are talking, while people who do know won't talk. Julio and the Falcons FO are keeping the specifics very tight-lipped...

..........which is very impressive in today's age.

Vandy, kiwifalcon and Flying Falcon like this

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I dusted of my ball and am working out. Gonna see if I can get a try out.

Just let me on the team for $10K and I promise you I'll make a play. 

Ornamental salaries are out of control and elite WRs haven't been the key to a Lombardi in 10+ years.

Maybe that will start changing but I still believe defense wins rings. Not ornaments.

Deion Branch?!

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Deion Branch?!

Nah

31 minutes ago, Jerz said:

That guy has never eclipsed 1000 yards in a season.

Hines Ward.

85 tds for 12,083 rec yds and a SB MVP in his career

Has a shot to be in the HOF in the near future because he's a Steeler.

6 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yep, and he is a small WR that isn't physical. He is just speed.

At least Antonio Brown and Steve Smith are/were physical and agressive at attacking the ball, which made up for their lack of size.

Hes an adorable little receiver. To be fair, he has had 3 straight 1000 yard seaons.

He is not a complete wideout though, and is obviously not on the level of Smith/Brown.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

8 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

Ok, how did you get all this outta this topic?

RING OF HONOR likes this

7 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

That's if Julio wants a new contract. No one outside of Julio, his camp, and the Falcons FO really knows what he wants. It could be possible that he doesn't want a new contract at all, just more of his money guaranteed to him on his current deal.

It seems like people who don't know(the media) are talking, while people who do know won't talk. Julio and the Falcons FO are keeping the specifics very tight-lipped...

..........which is very impressive in today's age.

Those who dont know, talk. And those who knows, dont talk.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

6 hours ago, Jerz said:

That contract Julio signed was TDs best. The timing and structure was genius...or was it?

This why I laugh when fans say sign him now cheap before he balls out.... If the guy balls out and you don't think he is gonna want another deal... You are insane.... I remember ppls was saying this about brent grimes back in the day

What TD and his staff has been wonderful at is signing players at market value at that time to 5 year deals ... So around year 3... There Deal looks like a bargain based off the market and they have 2 or 3 years left on the deal .... I think Matt Ryan deal looked like that... Alford deal... Ryan Schaerder deal... 

9 hours ago, Jesus said:

Rams are setting themselves up for some tough decisions next season. It seems like they are very much all in for 2018.

Right now the Rams are just tickled pink to be good again.

9 hours ago, PK Manley said:

It's strange that the top WRs have a lot of playoff appearances.  It's almost as if they help win a lot of games.

DIDNT YOU KNOW LEADING WR TE 800 YARDS BLAH BLAH BLAH

6 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Ok, how did you get all this outta this topic?

By the mention of 80mil for 5 years and TD should have already made a deal with JJ. But why do you care....is my statement that far fetched to cause confrontation???????? Do you feel he will play 5 more years? It's okay if you do. I was just stating my personal opinion based off the extension and 80mil clearly stated in not only the subject line, but linked to a web page as well. Hey, I'll be the first to admit I could be wrong, even stated such right out the gate.