Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EddieK

Here comes Linsanity

41 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, WOR said:

Anyone that says no to Klay needs to have their head examined lol. 

I won't lie, I love that warriors team, but for Klays sake I hope he does go somewhere else. On that team he's "held back" to being one of the best 3 and D players the league has ever seen. I want him to get his own team. I want to see him get the recognition for his absolutely elite defense and be allowed to be THE offensive focus. 

I Dont see why Klay can't be a Kawhi like Kog for another team. And I wanna see him do that as opposed to being 3rd fiddle. 

When was he not allowed to be the offensive focus? I guess when they brought the 2nd best player in the NBA into the fold Klay was gonna be the odd man out. Before then, it was the Splash Bros, him and Steph lighting teams up from three. Apparently that wasn't enough to beat a healthy Cavs team with Kyrie so they had to sign KD.

You're kinda overrating Klay, because he's not much of a slasher or a guy that consistently collapses a defense with dribble penetration. Kawhi can do it all. 

Edited by JerseyNo12

36 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

From a player personnel standpoint, it makes sense. Lin's playing style as a pass-first guard with a good 3-PT shot is more similar to Young and meshes better with what the Hawks try to do philosophically on offense. Plus if Schroder is gone then Lin (when healthy) is a solid veteran guard.

But if that's the angle... You could have found that guy on the open market for far less than 14 mill. 

If Lin was on a decent contract for more than one year, I'd completely agree. 

And if we're wanting to sign him next year for the long term.... Why not just wait and not give up your most valuable asset this year for scraps(cap space)? :shrug:

jayu70 likes this

30 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

When was he not allowed to be the offensive focus? I guess when they brought the 2nd best player in the NBA into the fold Klay was gonna be the odd man out. Before then, it was the Splash Bros, him and Steph lighting teams up from three. Apparently that wasn't enough to beat a healthy Cavs team with Kyrie so they had to sign KD.

You're kinda overrating Klay, because he's not much of a slasher or a guy that consistently collapses a defense with dribble penetration. Kawhi can do it all. 

Completely disagree with this. Also I never said he WAS Kawhi lol. Kawhi is easily a top 5 player when he's healthy. But Klay can be a team's top level offensive and defensive option like Kawhi is. 

I also find it interesting that yall were quick to say huerter was more like Klay because he has handles and can drive. And now you say Klay doesnt do that ;)

4 hours ago, WOR said:

Another radio fun fact. 

Rick Kamla has no idea how the stretch provision works. 

BRUH. YOU. WORK. AT. NBA TV. lol

Kamla sucks, man. Guys a tool.

WOR likes this

If getting a good mentor for Dennis that fits on this team was the goal, it woulda made far more sense to take the Denver deal ourselves(that we helped facilitate :rolleyes:) and sign a guard with the space we had left. 

But instead we added a PG with a giant chunk of our cap space, and didnt get any real assets, and now we have like 7 million left over(which limits our ability to do more salary dumps). 

We coulda done both, gotten a 1st round pick AND a solid backup PG....but instead we only did one... At the tune of 14 Mill. 

jayu70, EddieK and blkbigdog35 like this

4 hours ago, WOR said:

If getting a good mentor for Dennis that fits on this team was the goal, it woulda made far more sense to take the Denver deal ourselves(that we helped facilitate :rolleyes:) and sign a guard with the space we had left. 

But instead we added a PG with a giant chunk of our cap space, and didnt get any real assets, and now we have like 7 million left over(which limits our ability to do more salary dumps). 

We coulda done both, gotten a 1st round pick AND a solid backup PG....but instead we only did one... At the tune of 14 Mill. 

Yep, I mean, we could've signed some guy like Shelvin Mack, Jarrett Jack, or Devin Harris for 1yr/$2 mill and they're healthy.

8 hours ago, WOR said:

Completely disagree with this. Also I never said he WAS Kawhi lol. Kawhi is easily a top 5 player when he's healthy. But Klay can be a team's top level offensive and defensive option like Kawhi is. 

I also find it interesting that yall were quick to say huerter was more like Klay because he has handles and can drive. And now you say Klay doesnt do that ;)

I know Klay has a lightning fast trigger. He can make a shot without much room because he gets it off so fast. He's very good at using screens and getting open for the catch and shoot. Thing is, I don't see him score in isolation very often, not often enough to make me think that he could be the focal point of an offense on a championship contender. Even when it was just him and Curry I didn't really see it that often, and it's not like Curry is or was such a ball dominant guard like Westbrook or Harden.

I guess that means more playing time for Jaylen Adams. 

Lin, you served your role well after healing up after the season started. We all wish you the best (just not against us)!

1 hour ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

I guess that means more playing time for Jaylen Adams. 

Lin, you served your role well after healing up after the season started. We all wish you the best (just not against us)!

Jaylen is on a 2way GL contract, playing too many NBA games converts his contract and there is no benefit to the Hawks doing that. I'm not sure how many games he's played with the big club. Jaylen is out with injured ankle also.

Tey may bring back Hamilton, since he had to be released on a technicality.

Edited by jayu70

Good points, Jay. 

I don't think putting the ball in the turnover - prone hands of Bembry even more is a good idea. But eh, they won't have much other choice based on their current roster. At least he can facilitate. 

In the event of a formalized buyout on Monday, Lin would clear waivers on Wednesday and his minimum contract amount at that time would be $697,358. If the process is not finalized until Tuesday, Lin would clear on Thursday with a minimum contract of $685,124 if he were to sign with the Raptors (or any team) at that juncture. From a Hawks perspective, parting ways with Lin would leave the team with only 12 players (plus a pair of two-way contracts) and, beyond that, Atlanta would have only Trae Young and Jaylen Adams at the point guard position.

From a salary cap standpoint, the impact would be minimal for Atlanta, as Lin’s contract was set to expire at the conclusion of this season. The Hawks would have been able to re-sign him using Bird Rights but, considering his eight-figure salary cap hold, that would not have been a likely avenue for the organization and it makes sense that Lin would pursue a playoff opportunity with a team like the Raptors.

Specifics are unclear at this juncture and, as a matter of team policy, the Hawks would not announce financial information pertaining to a buyout. With that said, all signs point to Lin moving on and it will be interesting to see how Atlanta acts in filling out its roster (the team has until Feb. 21 to sign at least two more players and bring the roster to 14) in the coming days.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/2/11/18220619/jeremy-lin-buyout-atlanta-hawks-point-guard-roster-trae-young-toronto-raptors