slider

Most Underrated Alltime Falcons By Falcon Fans!

192 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Current team Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman (outside the fan base)

Old School Michael Haynes, Chuck Smith

I like that Haynes and Smith pick...I think I will throw Tony Martin in there too

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Current team Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman (outside the fan base)

Old School Michael Haynes, Chuck Smith

Great call on Haynes...…

I was in the 11th row 30 yd line at the very first game ever played in the Georgia Dome.   Falcons v Eagles. 

FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE, Chris Miller dropped a moon-ball on Mike Haynes in stride for something like a 55-yd TD pass.  Haynes caught the pass right in front of us.

I thought the place was going to collapse it was so loud.   It was preseason, mid afternoon, in a meaningless contest.

And I'll never forget it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an oldie but goodie. You young'uns can google but you won't be able to capture the exitement that Ron Smith brought to the first couple of Falcons teams. Great punt and kick return guy. Billy White Shoes type of guy back in the mid 60's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Two amazing Falcons LBs and 3 OL probably nobodies to casual NFL fans. Van Note, Nobis, Tuggle, Kenn, and maybe even Whitfield?

Also: 

Bob Christianson

PPS: other ring of honor guys that get overlooked Humphrey and Williams Andrews.

Whitfield was killed before he could play, I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, slider said:

While I agree Scott Case is a great all time Falcon, I don't think he's under appreciated. Most Old school Falcon fans will include Scott Case when they talk about past Falcons. We all loved that guy. What Falcon caught your eye and you wonder why he's not recognized more? You don't have to be an old guy, it can even be a current player.

I was at ground level at AFCS.

Roger Craig caught a swing pass from Montana.

Scott case launched from ten feet away, anticipating where Craig would go.

I thought Case had killed him. Right in front of me, like 30 yards.

The collision had my brother and I just staring at each other.

Edited by Tim Mazetti
putnam6 and slider like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I was at ground level at AFCS.

Roger Craig caught a swing pass from Montana.

Scott case launched from ten feet away, anticipating where Craig would go.

I thought Case had killed him. Right in front of me, like 30 yards.

The collision had my brother and I just staring at each other.

    Scott epitomized the hard nosed Falcon of old. They might not beat you but they would beat you up. I would be willing to bet that teams lost more games the week after playing the Falcons than any other team. 

RING OF HONOR and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Jordan. Dude was a beast until he got smart and went to the MLB. He was a really good baseball player and made way more money. Smart man. He was an equally good football player. Now that’s a legit athlete. 

Kaptain Krazy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

RB William Andrews...if not for a career ending injury, could have had a Hall Of Fame career.

WR Alfred Jenkins....according to Steve Bartkowski, he was the best route runner in the NFL at one time.

Alfred would be the equal of any receiver these days including Julio....simply because of the instinct he had to just get open. He excelled in the day when defenders could hang on you until the ball was thrown. I will say that it's hard to compare those days with these because 8 and even 9 in the box was not unusual back then. Julio never sees that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Gerald Riggs.  He had big shoes to fill.  Also Lynn Cain, Buddy Curry, Bobby Butler, and Bill Fralic. 

Nailed It!

Herr Doktor likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slider said:

    Scott epitomized the hard nosed Falcon of old. They might not beat you but they would beat you up. I would be willing to bet that teams lost more games the week after playing the Falcons than any other team. 

This is why I loved my Falcons when they were 4-10 or 6-10.

Herr Doktor likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slider said:

Alfred would be the equal of any receiver these days including Julio....simply because of the instinct he had to just get open. He excelled in the day when defenders could hang on you until the ball was thrown. I will say that it's hard to compare those days with these because 8 and even 9 in the box was not unusual back then. Julio never sees that.

YES,

OilFuturesTrader19 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Brian Jordan. Dude was a beast until he got smart and went to the MLB. He was a really good baseball player and made way more money. Smart man. He was an equally good football player. Now that’s a legit athlete. 

I recall the name. What else can you offer, as I don't recall his position?                   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now