Triple D Hotspots...

Was at the lake house on vacation and the wife and I decided to take in some Richmond Historical sites such as the other "White House" and Hollywood Cemetery, among a few other places. Along the way we ran into one of Guy Fieri haunts. a place called 'The Village Cafe' and the best thing there was some giant beer battered onion rings.  The other food was pretty good also.

Any of y'all make a habit of stopping in at places Guy has visited?  If so tell me about it, I'd like to hear about the eats.  

@Regular Guy, you probably do this, what you got? 

9 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

I've eaten at both Triple D restaurants in my town. Sadly, one is out of business now and the other is overpriced, IMHO.

Usually after 'a Guy visit' these businesses get a boost. Is the economy bad in you area?

Usually when I travel I see what haunts Guy has visited and I check out at least one of the joints.

I'd say it's hit or miss, I usually try the dishes he tries or recommends

12 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Usually after 'a Guy visit' these businesses get a boost. Is the economy bad in you area?

Usually when I travel I see what haunts Guy has visited and I check out at least one of the joints.

I'd say it's hit or miss, I usually try the dishes he tries or recommends

The one that went out of business did so because the owners didn't pay their taxes or something. I've actually tried (and finished) the dish they featured. It was a cheeseburger served between two grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:03 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Was at the lake house on vacation and the wife and I decided to take in some Richmond Historical sites such as the other "White House" and Hollywood Cemetery, among a few other places. Along the way we ran into one of Guy Fieri haunts. a place called 'The Village Cafe' and the best thing there was some giant beer battered onion rings.  The other food was pretty good also.

Any of y'all make a habit of stopping in at places Guy has visited?  If so tell me about it, I'd like to hear about the eats.  

@Regular Guy, you probably do this, what you got? 

He has/had a restaurant in Vegas that we absolutely hated!  If his name/face/money is associated with it, we try to avoid it!

Edit:  Oh ****, you mean places he's visited on his show, not his actual eateries!   One place in B'more that we still frequent, Sweetie Pie's in STL, and a place in Denver.

Guest Regular Guy

I've never been to any of the stops he's eaten at but would love to take a road trip and hit some of them up. I have a feeling that he's actually ran out of good places to go and now just has to fill time to make a show. You can read his face and tell when he really doesn't like something. It's way more frequent now than it used to be.

29 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

I've never been to any of the stops he's eaten at but would love to take a road trip and hit some of them up. I have a feeling that he's actually ran out of good places to go and now just has to fill time to make a show. You can read his face and tell when he really doesn't like something. It's way more frequent now than it used to be.

I also noticed some of the chefs/cooks get him upset when they make him do some of the work.

Been to quite a few of the places...I'd say so far it is a 50/50 proposition.