Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves at Brewers

326 posts in this topic

Braves have hit into horrendous luck tonight. Ball took the guy straight to 3B for the easy double play. Just one of those nights where nothing goes right.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep, because who needs a guy that had an ERA under 3 in 6 MLB starts prior to tonight? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I want a reliable vet who can throw more than 5 innings since no one else on the staff can.

Jimsmusic™ and sdogg like this

18 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Limping to that all star break at this point.

Braves are still 17-14 in their last 31 games. Over the same span the Phillies are 17-14 and the Nationals are 11-21. Braves are still fine.

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Did Max Fried get hurt? I'm just trying to figure out why they pulled him at the point that they did. He was only at 60 pitches and made it through the 3rd alright. Brewers 6-8 hitters were due up in the 4th and pitcher;s spot for the Braves was due up 3rd in the 5th. It would have made more sense to me to run him out for the 4th and hope he made it through that inning and then hit for him and bring on Carle in the 5th. But I'm not the manager so...

At least there was good a reason to him getting pulled.

Snitker said McCarthy isn't medically cleared to return yet. They aren't sure if Fried will need the DL for his blister yet. Braves may have to pull up another SP for Wednesday or let Gohara take the turn.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

At least there was good a reason to him getting pulled.

This actually makes me more concerned. Blister issues are nothing to sneeze at (ask Rich Hill and countless others), and this is now the second year of occurrence. 

Falconsfan567 and Malachore like this