Most overrated player on each NFL team

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

I’m going to agree only to the extent of his “suckiness” at being able to block! With that said, if this is our worst, I f’ing take it wit a shot of “Crown Royal!”

It's PFF and I'm not a PFF person, but I saw something interesting on Twitter about Freeman's blocking. According to them, in the Falcons last 2 playoff losses Freeman has given up 6 sacks. In all other games he's given up only 1 sack.

2 hours ago, SavvyFalcon89 said:

https://nflspinzone.com/2018/07/02/nfl-2018-most-overrated-player-each-team/amp/2/

Atlanta Falcons: Devonta Freeman, RB

Here we have a case of a player who is good and deserves to be considered as much. The problem is the Atlanta Falconsand their fan base seem to think running back Devonta Freeman is an irreplaceable superstar.

He did have a great explosion onto the scene in 2015 and followed that up with another strong 2016. Then the pass-happy Falcons decided to pay him top-dollar making him one of the most well-compensated running backs in the NFL.

That’s by itself is a bad idea when you’re a team that passes as the first, second and third option. It’s even worse when there’s an affordable backup in Tevin Coleman that wouldn’t be a huge drop off in terms of production.

If you listen to any Atlanta sports broadcast you would be led to believe Freeman runs about 1,000 yards a game and Coleman is only okay. That’s not true as the two backs have an identical per carry average for their career and Coleman’s just as explosive as a pass catcher.

By having the self-confidence to play out his rookie deal and then let Freeman get paid elsewhere, Atlanta could have been just as good on offense while putting themselves in much better position in terms of cap dollars.

.....thoughts??

I don't know who wrote this garbage but the highlighted part is wrong on so many levels.

• 2014 - Pass Attempts - 632 (3rd)
  • 2015 - Pass Attempts - 621 (8th)
  • 2016 - Pass Attempts - 537 (26th)
  • 2017 - Pass Attempts - 530 (20th)

So, how are the Falcons a team that pass 1st, 2nd and 3rd as an offense?

3 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

If Freeman stays healthy, the falcons will look like geniuses with his contract numbers. If there is one thing TD routinely does, it’s beat the market inflation. Julio is a prime example. 

Spot on. Just as seemingly Everyone in here thought we overpaid for matt first go-around,  sanu and trufant/Alf as well. 

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I disagree with the assessment as I think many Falcon fans actually think Freeman IS replaceable and think Coleman is the better back. Freeman may be underrated actually. He’s a top 5 back but isn’t treated like it. 

IMO the most overrated player on the team, at least right now is probably Trufant 

I think Tru is vastly underrated for many of same reasons, JD.

Based on last year because he was played so out of position, you’d almost have to say Beasley. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I think Tru is vastly underrated for many of same reasons, JD.

Based on last year because he was played so out of position, you’d almost have to say Beasley. 

Yea I mean, I’m a big Trufant guy. Which is why I said at least right now. But Beasley is also a good choice. Don’t really care. Both are healthy, and both will get the job done this year 

I can argue that that philly game could have went in a different direction if we had a healthy free (and not Ward) .... 

I don't know if he is under rated but I Def know for a fact he is not over rated.... Ive heard Matt Ryan say multiple times how Free's runs energize the offense

7 hours ago, boss said:

I want say he's overrated just that more talented RB's has been drafted the last few years. My pick is Keanu hes a 1 trick pony

And that's one crazy trick having grown men TERRIFIED to catch balls over the middle and make them pay if they do. It truly makes Rico job alot easier. He is far from overrated 

Edited by nolove4thecrook
50 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The only people that I have seen overrate free is Atlanta fans. Far too much hype within the fan base. Peeps act like he can’t be replaced and even went as far as saying he’s better than y’all of gamers a couple years ago. 

I think Freeman is pretty good overall. Arguably top 5 for his position. But I agree with you to an extent. The Barry Sanders comparisons have been pretty silly  

Not sure if I agree with Alshon Jeffery being the most over-rated on the Eagles.  Most over-paid based on production?  Perhaps.  But the Eagles really spread the ball around and he did a lot to open up things for Ertz and Agholor...things that don't really show up in production stats.  Also, 7 of his 9 TDs were in the redzone, so his value there is obvious.

17 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I mean, maybe? Honestly, now I think he’s sorta underrated following last season. I see people leaving him out of their top 10 lists now when he’s still easily one of the more complete backs in the league. 

In total contract value he is the highest paid RB in the league.  That's why they picked him.

5 minutes ago, Peyton said:

In total contract value he is the highest paid RB in the league.  That's why they picked him.

Probably...they should've used 'overpaid' instead of 'over-rated'.  But I suppose 'over-rated' is always good for more clicks....since it ruffles fan's feathers.

14 hours ago, shock said:

lol what?? Keanu is already a top 5 SS in the league right now.

9 hours ago, nolove4thecrook said:

And that's one crazy trick having grown men TERRIFIED to catch balls over the middle and make them pay if they do. It truly makes Rico job alot easier. He is far from overrated 

I was wondering if someone was going to catch that post or if TATF is finally going to let comments like these fall to the waist side.