Macintez

The Problem I have with Julio is the same problem I’ve had with WR’s like Calvin and Andre Johnson; I hope it’s one that’s fixed this season going forward.

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Touchdowns.

With the skill set that he has, it’s absolutely absurd to think that this man hasn’t had over 10 TD’s since his second year in the league. If I were Julio, it would be absolutely infuriating. 

It infuriated me when I would watch players like Andre and Calvin Johnson as well. Which Calvin did have a few 10-plus TD seasons, some of those 4-5 TD seasons were kinda baffling. Andre tho? Dude went his whole career without 10 TD’s and he’s someone that in my mind had first ballot HOF talent. Julio’s career seems to have that same statistical defect as far as him not being able to get TD’s in the red zone. 

Or maybe my standards are a lil bit too high for him?

Moss and T.O. and the amount of times they’ve gotten in the end zone... I kinda expected that production from Julio. ****, everyone did. Moss and T.O. were characters but their numbers do speak for themselves. Jerry Rice, although not a distraction, absolutely demanded the ball when in the red zone. To me there’s nothing wrong with that.

Your purpose as an offensive skill player is to get TD’s period. Getting in that end zone should be your number 1 desire on that football field. 

If I’m looking at the stats at the end of the year and I only see I got 3 TD’s? Bruh, that a problem. Who do I need to talk to and who do I need to curse out to get them to give me that ball in the red zone? Forget the respect and the top 100 bull-ish, get me my TD’s. Antonio Brown may not be the physical specimen that Julio is but that doesn’t stop him from getting TD’s. Heck, Josh Gordon when on the field and healthy can put up TD’s and he was the ONLY threat on the Browns? What is up with that?

This is why I was happy to find out JJ was working with TO. Julio wants more money? That’s cool. You need to get more TD’s bruh. 3 TD’s for a man of his talent level is absolutely ridiculous and borderline pitiful.

Edited by Macintez
Dr Boom and robertap like this

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

:yikes:

Wonderful analysis emoji queen... I hope you’re anointed as the ruler of trolls soon. The crown made of feces should suit you well.

datboilando and NYCFalc like this

Do i want Julio to have more TDs.... Ofcourse... Dude is a beast.... Its 2 things. Its partly coverage... Its partly on us having an open offense and not mainly focusing or forcing it to Julio..... Matty tried to do that in the Saints game and we saw wat happen.

But let me use the 2016 season as an perfect example.. If Julio catch a deep go route for 40 yards that gets us on the 6 yard line and Free or Coleman runs that thing in.... They get the TD stat but Julio got us in position.... In 2016 Matt threw TDs to 13 different dudes....

Free had 13 TDs, Coleman had 11 TDs, Turbo had 7 and Sanu had 4. .... My point is alot of dudes ate good in the endzone because of julio bringing the Safety with him.

I do thionk we need to find away to get Julio free in the endzone but i dont think its as easy as him just not prtoducing... He is helping dudes eat down there

22 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Nobody cares about your problem.

You cared enough to respond tho. You’ve made plenty of post that I didn’t care about. Go back and see if I posted anything on there. Oh wait you probably don’t care about that either. 

Ignorance is bliss tho, and kewl so thanks for the comment bro. 

You can say his lack of TD's was due to a lack of opportunity, but there were 2 TD's Julio should have had if he is truly worth millions and millions:

Carolina - drop in the end zone 11/5/2017

Philadelphia - right through his hands in the end zone 1/14/18

If the guy expects to be paid as the best WR in football, he has got to produce as such.

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I rather have 13-14 players scoring at least 1TD. 

I’d rather have that too but if one dude is going to take up THAT much cap... Also, 49ers have 4 rings with Rice getting most of the production.

The last play of the eagles game was a tough catch. First he slips and second the eagles CB was all over him. The play before that had he run his pattern into the endzone, game over but he ran it a yard short.

Slappywhite, Ergo Proxy, OC and 1 other like this

Both Calvin and Andre are top 50 all time with touchdown receptions so I think that means more to them than it does to a fan. I hate the lack of touchdowns too but their career stats mean more to them than a single season

Well there are several factors where Julio has no control over TD targets.  Matt getting him the ball and how teams scheme against him.  I’m sure his TD production is going to increase but remember his presence on the field sometimes allows others those TD’s!

How many times has Julio been tackled inside the 5 and then the Falcons rushed it in for the TD? I guess you're gonna say that Julio shouldn't have gotten tackled? This thread is just downright silly.

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How many times has Julio been tackled inside the 5 and then the Falcons rushed it in for the TD? I guess you're gonna say that Julio shouldn't have gotten tackled? This thread is just downright silly.

Red zone production... Are you against Julio Jones having more TD’s?

1 hour ago, Macintez said:

You cared enough to respond tho. You’ve made plenty of post that I didn’t care about. Go back and see if I posted anything on there. Oh wait you probably don’t care about that either. 

Ignorance is bliss tho, and kewl so thanks for the comment bro. 

3 hours ago, Macintez said:

Touchdowns.

With the skill set that he has, it’s absolutely absurd to think that this man hasn’t had over 10 TD’s since his second year in the league. If I were Julio, it would be absolutely infuriating. 

It infuriated me when I would watch players like Andre and Calvin Johnson as well. Which Calvin did have a few 10-plus TD seasons, some of those 4-5 TD seasons were kinda baffling. Andre tho? Dude went his whole career without 10 TD’s and he’s someone that in my mind had first ballot HOF talent. Julio’s career seems to have that same statistical defect as far as him not being able to get TD’s in the red zone. 

Or maybe my standards are a lil bit too high for him?

Moss and T.O. and the amount of times they’ve gotten in the end zone... I kinda expected that production from Julio. ****, everyone did. Moss and T.O. were characters but their numbers do speak for themselves. Jerry Rice, although not a distraction, absolutely demanded the ball when in the red zone. To me there’s nothing wrong with that.

Your purpose as an offensive skill player is to get TD’s period. Getting in that end zone should be your number 1 desire on that football field. 

If I’m looking at the stats at the end of the year and I only see I got 3 TD’s? Bruh, that a problem. Who do I need to talk to and who do I need to curse out to get them to give me that ball in the red zone? Forget the respect and the top 100 bull-ish, get me my TD’s. Antonio Brown may not be the physical specimen that Julio is but that doesn’t stop him from getting TD’s. Heck, Josh Gordon when on the field and healthy can put up TD’s and he was the ONLY threat on the Browns? What is up with that?

This is why I was happy to find out JJ was working with TO. Julio wants more money? That’s cool. You need to get more TD’s bruh. 3 TD’s for a man of his talent level is absolutely ridiculous and borderline pitiful.

He almost got 3-4 in that NFC Championship game vs GB.

He has a big body, but he doesn’t play like it in tight spaces. He’s not shifty enough to win with that, and Ryan can’t/won’t rocket it into right windows. Ryan only has 2 years with 30 TDs, red zone TDs has never been his strongest point in a season. A lot of factors that contribute, but overall, I don’t think Julio would be a red zone monster in any other scenario. He opens other guys up when schemed properly though 

Macintez and Jerz #DukeSZN like this

8 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

He has a big body, but he doesn’t play like it in tight spaces. He’s not shifty enough to win with that, and Ryan can’t/won’t rocket it into right windows. Ryan only has 2 years with 30 TDs, red zone TDs has never been his strongest point in a season. A lot of factors that contribute, but overall, I don’t think Julio would be a red zone monster in any other scenario. He opens other guys up when schemed properly though 

I can’t disagree with nothing you just said in that analysis. That was kinda the conclusion I came to too. He can’t operate in tight spaces and separate like some of the smaller receivers. He’s put on a tremendous amount of bulk but I wonder what would happen if he slimmed down some more. Matt not trusting his arm could be a factor too but heck T.O. Did have Jeff Garcia early on.

15 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Objective posts are refreshing.