The Mighty Quinn Not In Top Ten NFL HC List

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Frankly, other than Belichick, the vast majority of coaches are vulnerable to game management criticisms. Maybe Pedersen is on the rise but even that is the product of someone on the headset telling him when to go for it. 

On 1/1/2018 at 0:56 PM, Butudontseeme™ said:

Probably ought to research this a little bit better man. 

DQ is one of only a handful of active coaches who have had successful challenges more than 50% of the time. He’s good for 55% over his 3 years as a head coach. All while the mighty Bill Belichick is at 40% over his career on challenge success. 

http://thecomeback.com/nfl/which-nfl-head-coaches-best-worst-challengers.html

all that while getting screwed out of the challenge last week on Julio’s TD. 

Belichick May be above reproach but it’s not necessarily because he’s superior to other coaches. He does dumb stuff too, he just gets a pass. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike McCarthy :lol::lol::lol:

....need a min to get off the floor

without Rodgers he’s be considered one of the worst coaches in the league.

Andy Reid...great until last 5 minutes. I’d never want him as a playoff coach.

I think DQ is number one at talent evaluation and development and he will continue to show it. 

Pete Carroll may have been riding DQs coattails, not the other way around.

Peyton is probably best offensive mind and Pederson up and coming.

Zimmer might be best defensive mind. 

BB is the goat overall. 

Tomlin? LOLLLL

DQ is league average in-game but in preparation and getting the team ready?

Give me DQ. The ONLY coach I would trade for DQ right now is B.B. That’s it. 

Edited by NeonDeion
1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's not 2nd but I dont think he's outside the Top 5. 

Maybe, seems like he’s been blessed in his career with talented rosters and he deserves some credit for it. But his teams also always seems to be disorganized and somewhat disfunctional. Big Ben has indirectly called him out in press conferences. Antonio Brown doing his stupid FB live locker room thing. Jumping in front of the punt returner. Seems like a talented roster with a coach who doesn’t have control of his team. A lot like Pete Carroll

5 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's not 2nd but I dont think he's outside the Top 5. 

I do. I think Tomlin is grossly overrated. The Steelers are always absolutely loaded every year and under achieve every year. They can't beat the Patriots. They've gone 1-and-done in the playoffs 3 times in the last handful of years and lost those 1-and-done games to teams QB'd by Tim Tebow, Joe Flacco and Blake Bortles. That should be embarrassing to them.

Frankly, other than Belichick, the vast majority of coaches are vulnerable to game management criticisms. Maybe Pedersen is on the rise but even that is the product of someone on the headset telling him when to go for it. 

Even Belichick has his bad moments with bone headed decisions. The worst being him going for it on 4th down at like his own 20 against the Colts and giving the Colts the easy game-winning TD.

Where did you hear this?

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I do. I think Tomlin is grossly overrated. The Steelers are always absolutely loaded every year and under achieve every year. They can't beat the Patriots. They've gone 1-and-done in the playoffs 3 times in the last handful of years and lost those 1-and-done games to teams QB'd by Tim Tebow, Joe Flacco and Blake Bortles. That should be embarrassing to them.

I agree. The Steelers always have the more talented team than the Pats, yet always lose. The reason is Belichick vs Tomlin. The last game is a classic example. Horribly managed drive followed by a player who screwed up by extending the ball and thus losing control. Great coaches make sure their players don’t do that. 

Gruden # 9 ahead of Quinn? Why? Especially considering the dude hasn't coached in nearly a decade. This guy won a SB in his first year with a team built by Dungy. Then....nothing.

Mike McCarthy is insanely overrated. That whole organization is overrated. One SB with a generational QB is just sad.

2 hours ago, Falconer89 said:

Gruden # 9 ahead of Quinn? Why? Especially considering the dude hasn't coached in nearly a decade. This guy won a SB in his first year with a team built by Dungy. Then....nothing.

Mike McCarthy is insanely overrated. That whole organization is overrated. One SB with a generational QB is just sad.

You nailed it. The Packers have had Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers, two of the 10 greatest QBs in NFL history, and they've got only 2 SB wins to show for it.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:05 PM, caponine said:

Tomlin, SB winning coach , Mike McCarthy SB winning coach, Andy Reid SB winning coach though not sure on Carroll ( even if he has a ring )you might be righg about that one. When your team is falling apart from injuries and suspensions like the steelers for example , went through but still is able to get into the playoffs that shows something. 

Andy Reid playoff record is worst than Lebrons. Hes like 3-10 no superbowl as a head coach 

6 hours ago, Jahi Sun said:

Andy Reid playoff record is worst than Lebrons. Hes like 3-10 no superbowl as a head coach 

Reid has some fatal flaws as a HC...that much is true.  He hasn't won the biggest prize as of yet.  However, his playoff record is better than what you suggest.  He was 10-9 in the playoffs as the Eagles HC, and is 1-4 as the Chiefs.  11-13 overall.  He has a .604 overall winning percentage over 19 years as HC.  

Despite his flaws, he still has to be considered a pretty **** good coach.  Counting himself, 25% of the NFL head coaches heading into the 2018 season come from his coaching tree.  That sort of longevity, and trail of success, doesn't go unnoticed.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:15 AM, Jesus said:

Jon Gruden hasn't coached in a decade. He's number 9.

This, and that is why I could care what some talking head says.  Quinn and the FO have done an outstanding job the last three years, Should be SB winners is really the only knock on this team.  Freeman makes a block, Shanny calls a different play, Bilichick doesn't cheat, the refs are not paid off etc.....I know that gentleman cheats his butt off, Nobody is that good

10 hours ago, Falconer89 said:

All true....but as a gentle reminder, Quinn/Falcons with Ryan have -0- .....so far.

On 04/07/2018 at 9:53 AM, Vandy said:

All true....but as a gentle reminder, Quinn/Falcons with Ryan have -0- .....so far.

99 times out of 100, the Falcon win SB 51. You'll never ever see anything like that again. It was a fluke. That said, you are correct.

As for the Packers, Colin Cowher's said it best:

http://www.theherdnow.com/radio/the-packers-are-like-an-80s-rock-band-living-off-their-past-hits/

12 hours ago, thamill said:

Andy Reid hasn't won a playoff game in KC.  Seriously?  I mean he was good with the Eagles but I think he's more of a Mike Smith type guy now.

They won 1 playoff game. They had to beat the hapless Texans to do it. They also had that major blown halftime lead against the Colts in Reid's first year there.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:05 PM, caponine said:

Tomlin, SB winning coach , Mike McCarthy SB winning coach, Andy Reid SB winning coach though not sure on Carroll ( even if he has a ring )you might be righg about that one. When your team is falling apart from injuries and suspensions like the steelers for example , went through but still is able to get into the playoffs that shows something. 

28tS7QD.gif

There's a lot of stuff wrong in this post