Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves Broadcast

5 posts in this topic

The Reds and Rays broadcasts are so far advanced than the Braves broadcast as far as on field graphics goes. But that's the norm. I've noticed this over the years that the Braves are usually one of the last teams to adopt new graphics to their broadcast and I don't know why. The way the Reds and Rays present the starting lineups is completely different than the Braves. Just saw on the Reds broadcast they posted an on field overlay of Adam Duvall's spray chart to explain why the Brewers shift against him. I've never seen that on the Braves broadcast. I wonder why the director that does the Braves games doesn't like to adopt the new stuff?

K26dp likes this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Reds and Rays broadcasts are so far advanced than the Braves broadcast as far as on field graphics goes. But that's the norm. I've noticed this over the years that the Braves are usually one of the last teams to adopt new graphics to their broadcast and I don't know why. The way the Reds and Rays present the starting lineups is completely different than the Braves. Just saw on the Reds broadcast they posted an on field overlay of Adam Duvall's spray chart to explain why the Brewers shift against him. I've never seen that on the Braves broadcast. I wonder why the director that does the Braves games doesn't like to adopt the new stuff?

Because Joe's head would explode and Chip just figured out how Google works.

The less they put on the screen that obscures the game, the better I like it. I hate the freakin' K-zone thing. Watching the Yankees telecast with the green trail on the home run replay in the 11th looked something like a vomit comet.  Its almost like some of these teams lay gamecast over the telecast. If I wanted to see all that, I'd watch gamecast.  

13 minutes ago, falcndave said:

The less they put on the screen that obscures the game, the better I like it. I hate the freakin' K-zone thing. Watching the Yankees telecast with the green trail on the home run replay in the 11th looked something like a vomit comet.  Its almost like some of these teams lay gamecast over the telecast. If I wanted to see all that, I'd watch gamecast.  

Yes, I'm not a big fan of the k-zone thingy either. But the graphic I was talking about was shown between pitches to show why a team was employing the shift. It's good information to have and show.

Dawggone likes this