Eagles LB Nigel Bradham suspended for Week 1

3 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I like what you said about perceived role models. No person should consider a  millionaire  athlete a role model. As it is not an everyday people thing. Fathers, Mothers, Uncles, Aunts and brothers and sisters, are role models.

Football is a boys game. No role models needed.

I can kind of understand why kids look up to them but young adults. That is kind of lame.

14 hours ago, MicGreene said:

Ha, he’s not hurt. He beat up a cabana boy in South Beach. And also brought a loaded gun to the Miami airport.

Why is it that educated millionaires need to carry a gun? Unless your doin **** drug or mafia related...who the he!! Are you worried about assassinating you? YOU AINT TUPAC BRO. YOU PLAY FOOTBALL!

20 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Why is it that educated millionaires need to carry a gun? Unless your doin **** drug or mafia related...who the he!! Are you worried about assassinating you? YOU AINT TUPAC BRO. YOU PLAY FOOTBALL!

Because he's a millionaire might be the reason...I been buying guns since I was 18...I mean 21:ninja:....I would rather have it and not need it..than need it and not have it...**** happens...see Sean Taylor and Will Smith.. 

14 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Because he's a millionaire might be the reason...I been buying guns since I was 18...I mean 21:ninja:....I would rather have it and not need it..than need it and not have it...**** happens...see Sean Taylor and Will Smith.. 

It's one thing to be the victim of a home invasion or cruising NOLA doin whatever but why be at a club or an airport with a gun...The only NFL players I've ever heard being involved at a shooting at a club were Ray Lewis and Plaxico...and one of them shot their own d@mn selves. Everybody wants to be a badazz. Just put in work, get a family and settle the fvck down. Jeeeeez!

7 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

It's one thing to be the victim of a home invasion or cruising NOLA doin whatever but why be at a club or an airport with a gun...The only NFL players I've ever heard being involved at a shooting at a club were Ray Lewis and Plaxico...and one of them shot their own d@mn selves. Everybody wants to be a badazz. Just put in work, get a family and settle the fvck down. Jeeeeez!

i agree with that...

12 hours ago, hjerry said:

One of the few rival fans that I miss seeing on here. Hope to see you the week before the game.

Good to see you...thanks for the kind words!  I’m sure I’ll poke my head in around that time...already chomping at the bit to get the season going

14 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I like what you said about perceived role models. No person should consider a  millionaire  athlete a role model. As it is not an everyday people thing. Fathers, Mothers, Uncles, Aunts and brothers and sisters, are role models.

Football is a boys game. No role models needed.

These people are the voices and faces of their communities.  They absolutely are role models.  Especially minority communities that usually don't have a voice.  These "athletes" are in a rare position to influence.

34 minutes ago, delaigle said:

I don't see this as a big deal---Eagles have what 8+ weeks to prepare without him

I agree.  The Eagles had plenty of injury adversity to deal with last year and overcame it.  No, this isn’t going to be a challenge for them. The challenge will be keeping their mental edge as champs.  It’s very difficult to get to the top of the hill, and probably more difficult to stay there because of that.  

7 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Holy cow dude, I respect you asking that question but I'd be lying if I told you it even remotely resonated with me.  It baffles me at how you could ask that without being sarcastic...

You could probably find 20 answers to that in 1 minute without blinking.

But here are a quick 10 that encompass many other subcategories of reasons.:

10 Important Reasons to Carry a Gun

by Hannah Staton | Jun 28, 2017 | Beginners, blog, Tips & Tactics | 0 comments

10 Important Reasons to Carry a Gun

1) It’s Your Civic Right Under the U.S. Constitution

Everyone has heard this one. “We have the right to arm bears!” No-ahem: bear arms. The second amendment protects your right to keep and bear arms for self-defense against zombies, vampires, and masked-men after your bananas.

2) Deterrence

One of the reasons why the U.S. has never been invaded by another country is because it’s entire population has the right to protect themselves. Hunters alone make up a significant portion of the population, and then there are concealed carry license holders as well. In other words: it is well known that the people in the U.S. carries or has guns. Criminals understand this as well and it is a discouraging thought when planning to commit a crime.

3) The World is a Dangerous Place

Many of us don’t want to admit it, but no one should be worried about walking to their car alone at night, or asking a stranger for directions when they’re lost. Unfortunately, the world isn’t what it used to be and although criminals are aware that a large portion of the population carries a weapon, that makes them much more determined when they have resolved to commit a crime.

4) To Protect Your Family

Personally, this is the number one reason why I conceal carry; my family is my greatest and most treasured asset. Carrying a concealed firearm is one of the best ways that I can protect them from all the many unknown dangers in the world we live in.

5) To Protect Myself

I am a woman, first and foremost, without any other self-defense training other than firearms and concealed carry. However, regardless of gender all of us want to come home to our families at the end of the day. Carrying is one of the ways to make that possible.

6) To Protect Others

Most of us who conceal carry feel obligated to protect the people around us, including our friends, colleagues, and even sometimes strangers. Unfortunately, we may also want to protect ourselves from them as the next reason suggests:

7) 186,873

That’s the number of outstanding warrants in the United States as of 2014 according to USA Carry. At any given moment, the stranger next to you at your favorite diner or a patron who walks into your store could be a wanted felon.

8) Vigilance

This goes beyond number 6. Just as we feel strongly about protecting our friends, family, and ourselves, we must remain aware. Carrying a firearm has always made me more attentive to my environment and situations around me. This heightened awareness helps me avoid danger.

9) Be a Better Boy Scout

Be prepared. We all have heard “it’s better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it.” Concealed carryis not a statement of “I’M LOOKING FOR TROUBLE!” but rather, “I am prepared.” Whether that means to avoid the dark alley, subdue the thief stealing cash, or those bananas I mentioned earlier, from my store at gun point. Which leads to the final reason:

10) 11 minutes

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 11 minutes is the average police response time. Unfortunately, police officers know that they are minutes away no matter how awesome and dedicated they are and anyone who has dealt with a life or death situation will tell you that seconds matter. If you find yourself in a situation where you must wait 11 minutes (maybe even more) for the police to arrive, having your firearm will make that wait seem shorter.

https://clingerholsters.com/10-important-reasons-carry-gun/

LOL this was written by a woman, but it came up quickly on an internet search...

But maybe you were just kidding?? :lol:

7 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I don't care if they wanna own a gun, my problem is put your ego to the side and get some proper training from a professional to learn how to handle, clean, shoot, etc so you don't do anything stupid.