Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fuego

PFF Ranking NFL rosters from 1 to 32: Super Bowl champs on top

31 posts in this topic

This is an Insider article on ESPN so you may not be able to access the link. #1 was the Eagles, followed by the Falcons, NO, NE, and Minnesota in the top 5. 

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

2. Atlanta Falcons

Biggest strength: While his overall play did take a slight step back from his 2016 MVP campaign, quarterback Matt Ryan still played at a high level. The box score may not show that, but Ryan suffered some awfully bad luck in 2017 and threw a league-leading eight "unlucky" interceptions (tipped passes, receiver errors, etc.). Ryan ended the year tied for second in overall PFF grade while ranking third in adjusted completion percentage and throwing only five turnover-worthy passes all year.

Biggest weakness: Interior defensive lineman Terrell McClain struggled for the second consecutive year and earned a grade of just 41.8 in 2017, his lowest since his rookie season. McClain finished the campaign as the only 3-4 defensive end in the bottom three in both run-stop percentage and pass-rush productivity.

By the numbers: Once again, Julio Jones was the most productive pass-catcher in football last year, averaging 3.08 yards per route run, the highest mark in the league. In 12 years of grading, just eight players have managed to end a season with an average of 3.00 yards per route run or higher -- Jones has now done it for three straight seasons.

xn4AsLn.png

ng2Y9M9.png

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/23835148/ranking-best-worst-rosters-all-32-nfl-teams-2018-pro-football-focus

Ryan ended the year tied for second in overall PFF grade while ranking third in adjusted completion percentage and throwing only five turnover-worthy passes all year.

Once again, Julio Jones was the most productive pass-catcher in football last year, averaging 3.08 yards per route run, the highest mark in the league. In 12 years of grading, just eight players have managed to end a season with an average of 3.00 yards per route run or higher -- Jones has now done it for three straight seasons.

Julio and Ryan still at the top of their game in spite of an overall fall off of the O. Just get Julio some more TDs and the receivers causing undeserved INTs for Matt. 

Hopefully Duke picks it up this year. He got caught looking in the backfield too much last year and spent too much time catching up to the play. Im sure Quinn will get him together. 

30 minutes ago, fuego said:

This is an Insider article on ESPN so you may not be able to access the link. #1 was the Eagles, followed by the Falcons, NO, NE, and Minnesota in the top 5. 

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

2. Atlanta Falcons

Biggest strength: While his overall play did take a slight step back from his 2016 MVP campaign, quarterback Matt Ryan still played at a high level. The box score may not show that, but Ryan suffered some awfully bad luck in 2017 and threw a league-leading eight "unlucky" interceptions (tipped passes, receiver errors, etc.). Ryan ended the year tied for second in overall PFF grade while ranking third in adjusted completion percentage and throwing only five turnover-worthy passes all year.

Biggest weakness: Interior defensive lineman Terrell McClain struggled for the second consecutive year and earned a grade of just 41.8 in 2017, his lowest since his rookie season. McClain finished the campaign as the only 3-4 defensive end in the bottom three in both run-stop percentage and pass-rush productivity.

By the numbers: Once again, Julio Jones was the most productive pass-catcher in football last year, averaging 3.08 yards per route run, the highest mark in the league. In 12 years of grading, just eight players have managed to end a season with an average of 3.00 yards per route run or higher -- Jones has now done it for three straight seasons.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/23835148/ranking-best-worst-rosters-all-32-nfl-teams-2018-pro-football-focus

That's some B.S. right there.  Shows ESPN just reports what they hear and not that McClain is a 4-3 DT.

2 things about the McClain part.

1. I think under another thread i remember somebody pointing out PFF had McClain rated 41.8... Well **** Poe was rated at 46.5 when we signed him ..

2. McClain was playing in a scheme that didnt fit him... He saw that money and ran man... The scheme just didnt fit him.. He needs to attack and shoot the gap...

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

McClain was a 3-4 DE with Washington last year. 

Did you read what I said?  I know he played in a 3-4 last year.

1 minute ago, Da_Truth said:

Did you read what I said?  I know he played in a 3-4 last year.

I did. You said they only report what they here but these figures are based on last year. Last year he was a 3-4 DE. So his numbers come from being a 3-4 DE. That’s what they’re reporting. Can’t report on him being a 4-3 DT because he hasn’t taken a snap with us yet. That was my point. The report is based on last year playing as a 3-4 DE. So it is a correct write up. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I did. You said they only report what they here but these figures are based on last year. Last year he was a 3-4 DE. So his numbers come from being a 3-4 DE. That’s what they’re reporting. Can’t report on him being a 4-3 DT because he hasn’t taken a snap with us yet. That was my point. The report is based on last year playing as a 3-4 DE. So it is a correct write up. 

Gotcha

TheFatboi likes this

5 hours ago, atljbo said:

2 things about the McClain part.

1. I think under another thread i remember somebody pointing out PFF had McClain rated 41.8... Well **** Poe was rated at 46.5 when we signed him ..

2. McClain was playing in a scheme that didnt fit him... He saw that money and ran man... The scheme just didnt fit him.. He needs to attack and shoot the gap...

FFS70 was spreading panic about McClains rating on another thread without mentioning he was playing out of position at NT in a 3-4 scheme that didn’t fit his strengths. 

Its as if we just signed Takk McKinley who graded 41 in Dallas playing NT, but we signed him the play DE in our 4-3 scheme and expecting exact same results.

Da_Truth, Sidecar Falcon and athell like this

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

FFS70 was spreading panic about McClains rating on another thread without mentioning he was playing out of position at NT in a 3-4 scheme that didn’t fit his strengths. 

Its as if we just signed Takk McKinley who graded 41 in Dallas playing NT, but we signed him the play DE in our 4-3 scheme and expecting exact same results.

Completely out of character for him :rolleyes:

Tim Mazetti, gazoo and falconidae like this

Out of position or not, McClain is really just a body.  I guess he'll get some snaps because the Falcons are always keeping them fresh but hoping the guy is deeper in the rotation. 

7 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Out of position or not, McClain is really just a body.  I guess he'll get some snaps because the Falcons are always keeping them fresh but hoping the guy is deeper in the rotation. 

He’s definitely more than just a body for us. He’s gonna start I’m sure at DT in either base 4-3 or nickel. But he’s more than just a body. He’ll be important to what we do. 

On 6/28/2018 at 4:50 PM, octoslash said:

Are McKinley and Beasley not starting defenders? :huh:   Am I missing something?

Yeah. I can't figure that one out.