⚡Slumerican⚡

Madden PS4

96 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

High accuracy is key. Especially if you’re playing on all madden. I missed 2 myself playing online Sunday and it just ruined the game for me

I play on All-Pro and it's hard enough for me period, all aspects of it, not just kicking. I couldn't imagine trying to play on All-Madden. For some reason Prater is a better kicker than Bryant on the game. I noticed last night that the little thing moves faster with Bryant than it does Prater, which like you said is based on accuracy. Then there's the whole trying to kick a game winning FG. What the crap is that all about with the thing disappearing midway through the button sequence, thankfully I timed it correctly last night to nail the OT FG to win the game. I beat the Saints 31-28 in OT after Trufant of all people picked off Brees inside the 10. I then took my time and ran it down the Saints throat until it was time to kick the FG.

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I play on All-Pro and it's hard enough for me period, all aspects of it, not just kicking. I couldn't imagine trying to play on All-Madden. For some reason Prater is a better kicker than Bryant on the game. I noticed last night that the little thing moves faster with Bryant than it does Prater, which like you said is based on accuracy. Then there's the whole trying to kick a game winning FG. What the crap is that all about with the thing disappearing midway through the button sequence, thankfully I timed it correctly last night to nail the OT FG to win the game. I beat the Saints 31-28 in OT after Trufant of all people picked off Brees inside the 10. I then took my time and ran it down the Saints throat until it was time to kick the FG.

I don't have that hard of a time. I got like 5 plays I run against the CPU playing on All Madden. I stay away from plays that take entirely too long to develop because they CPU DL will get to the QB with no problem at all. I got 3 pass plays and 2 primary run plays I use. If I have a decent lead late in the game I'll run other plays just as test runs but I don't like having unnecessary INT's

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I don't have that hard of a time. I got like 5 plays I run against the CPU playing on All Madden. I stay away from plays that take entirely too long to develop because they CPU DL will get to the QB with no problem at all. I got 3 pass plays and 2 primary run plays I use. If I have a decent lead late in the game I'll run other plays just as test runs but I don't like having unnecessary INT's

Don't even get me started on interception!! Ridiculous!!

34 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Don't even get me started on interception!! Ridiculous!!

Yeah the CPU AI is ridiculous on defense in the secondary. Reaction times are dang near instant. I'm very picky with throwing interceptions so I try to be careful as I can be. But sometimes ish happens and it pisses me off because 1 leads to 4

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah the CPU AI is ridiculous on defense in the secondary. Reaction times are dang near instant. I'm very picky with throwing interceptions so I try to be careful as I can be. But sometimes ish happens and it pisses me off because 1 leads to 4

Yeah, I think that's the thing that's most frustrating. I try to throw with anticipation and throw receivers open and that doesn't work on Madden because the defenders always have this magical ability to know exactly what's happening and jumping it for the interception.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, I think that's the thing that's most frustrating. I try to throw with anticipation and throw receivers open and that doesn't work on Madden because the defenders always have this magical ability to know exactly what's happening and jumping it for the interception.

Try Mid Hi Low in Gun Empty Flex(I think). I always look for R1. If all else fails I dink it to the TE or either put him on a slant

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Try Mid Hi Low in Gun Empty Flex(I think). I always look for R1. If all else fails I dink it to the TE or either put him on a slant

That is my go to play in crunch time!! TE is almost always open on that play. If you've got a really fast #1 WR sometimes he comes open deep. If not then just dump it to the TE. The only issue I've ever had with that play is sometimes the QB won't lob it properly when trying to go deep and it ends up as an easy interception.

Also, can get some good scrambling yards on that play too.

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That is my go to play in crunch time!! TE is almost always open on that play. If you've got a really fast #1 WR sometimes he comes open deep. If not then just dump it to the TE. The only issue I've ever had with that play is sometimes the QB won't lob it properly when trying to go deep and it ends up as an easy interception.

Also, can get some good scrambling yards on that play too.

yep. Sometimes if I just simply want to run I hot route everyone to run to the left and I take off lol.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Until interceptions like this get fixed Madden will always be extremely frustrating.

First one makes sense. It actually looks like the DB read it and reacted on key. 

Second one not so much

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

First one makes sense. It actually looks like the DB read it and reacted on key. 

Second one not so much

My problem with it is why does the defense always react to the ball and the receivers don't? That is what pisses me off. The receivers are always like that brain dead tomato. I don't know what I'm doing!! Harrr!!

Just now, lostone said:

I haven’t played madden in like 7 or 8 years.  Is line blocking realistic yet, or is it still suction blocking?

Blocking is still awful. The lack of awareness at times boggles the mind.

I've dug into to Madden 19 now. Been playing all online head to head.

Started off sucking pretty bad. I was at 5 wins, 20+ loses. Now, I'm above .500. Once you get used to understanding how the Defensive AI works, i'm not throwing as many picks. Plus, a lot of guys like to play as a LB or DB on Defense, and I'll target them the entire game. They aren't nearly as likely to pick it as the AI is.

ya_boi_j likes this

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I've dug into to Madden 19 now. Been playing all online head to head.

Started off sucking pretty bad. I was at 5 wins, 20+ loses. Now, I'm above .500. Once you get used to understanding how the Defensive AI works, i'm not throwing as many picks. Plus, a lot of guys like to play as a LB or DB on Defense, and I'll target them the entire game. They aren't nearly as likely to pick it as the AI is.

It depends on how good their user skills are and if you run a variety of plays or not. My user skills are improving. Normally people only run no more than 5 plays each game so it's extremely easy to shut them down. I play head to head regs if I play someone online though. I play solos in mut and I play @blkbigdog35 every now and then.

blkbigdog35 likes this

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

It depends on how good their user skills are and if you run a variety of plays or not. My user skills are improving. Normally people only run no more than 5 plays each game so it's extremely easy to shut them down. I play head to head regs if I play someone online though. I play solos in mut and I play @blkbigdog35 every now and then.

Yeah, most only run a few plays on offense, and maybe 1 or 2 different looks on D. Pretty easy to shut them down. I tend to dig pretty deep in the playbook, so It makes it tough to predict what I'm going to run. Plus, I run typically the same few plays every game to start, which gives me a little bit of a baseline on what D I'm going to see.

I was running pretty conservative with my D, usually a 2 deep zone or Cover 1, but now I've been throwing some blitz packages in to throw people off. Generally only blitz if it's a 2nd and long and if they seem to lean to the pass. Sometimes you get burned, but for the most part, I've been doing pretty well with it...

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

We have played so much that I have to change my playbook but we always have some pretty competitive games!

On 12/28/2018 at 7:51 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Blocking is still awful. The lack of awareness at times boggles the mind.

I’m not a huge gamer but I usually play defat champions with my son. We’ve had all 95 and above in the o line and It was the absolute worst blocking we’ve had. 

I had madden 95 and used to block a ton of field goals. I miss those days.