Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beef

Depth Chart?

Recommended Posts

Does this look like our approximate depth chart for 2018-19?

PG: Dennis Schroeder | Trae Young

SG: Kent Bazemore | Tyler Dorsey | Kevin Huerter

SF: Taurean Prince | DeAndre Bembry | Andrew White

PF: John Collins | Omari Spellman

C: Dewayne Dedmon | Mike Muscala | Miles Plumlee

 

I'm assuming the goal is to eventually get rid of Dennis and Bazemore, obviously Trae will take over starting PG, have Huerter become the starting 2, and I'm assuming with potentially 2 or even 3 Lottery picks next year, we will almost assuredly draft a top-10 Center with our first pick.  I'm curious who the Center prospects are for next year as well.  Anyone special we want to hope to get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well well... I’ve heard multiple interviews from Schlenk on the radio today saying they plan to keep Dennis, and we will even see both he and Trae on the floor at the same time. 

Funny but I sort of called this weeks ago as a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schlenck said on radio, they'll just sit back and let the frenzy play out and sign one or two FAs to fill out the roster.

We had approximately $26 mill in capspace before our 3 rookies, so maybe about $16 mil now. An extra $5 if Moose opts out. (My nimbers maybe slightly off as I'm doing this from memory).

I still think we'll have a chance to gain some future asset(s) from teams looking to dump salary.

Bucks, Wiz, Wolves, Nuggets, Pistons, Blazers, Spurs - all teams that were looking to dump contracts before the draft.

Baze, Dennis, Plumlee - what's next and where to?

I wonder if the Dedmon opt in was to go to Bucks since we had a trade lined up with them for #17. (Thanks Woj haha)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Dedmon opting in was the sign we weren't drafting a center?  Schlenk may have very well told Dedmon last week that he's not going to have to worry about competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Schlenck said on radio, they'll just sit back and let the frenzy play out and sign one or two FAs to fill out the roster.

We had approximately $26 mill in capspace before our 3 rookies, so maybe about $16 mil now. An extra $5 if Moose opts out. (My nimbers maybe slightly off as I'm doing this from memory).

I still think we'll have a chance to gain some future asset(s) from teams looking to dump salary.

Bucks, Wiz, Wolves, Nuggets, Pistons, Blazers, Spurs - all teams that were looking to dump contracts before the draft.

Baze, Dennis, Plumlee - what's next and where to?

I wonder if the Dedmon opt in was to go to Bucks since we had a trade lined up with them for #17. (Thanks Woj haha)

 

 

 

You did a pretty good job. The projected cap for next season is ~$101 million so we are $31 million under before the rookies sign. From Spotrac, we have ~$9.1 million tied up in the draft picks so that puts us at around $22 million. If Moose doesn't opt in, we would have $26 million available.

If we trade one of Plumlee, Dennis, or Baze, we will have A LOT of space. 

Hawks salaries: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/ATL.html

Salary cap projection: https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/9/28/16382498/nba-salary-cap-projections-2018-2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way we take a kid in the top 10 and he rides the pine for a while, keeping dennis would be a disaster at this point, head coach says he would be a good mentor i call BS he should be on his way out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

No way we take a kid in the top 10 and he rides the pine for a while, keeping dennis would be a disaster at this point, head coach says he would be a good mentor i call BS he should be on his way out

Well at the moment his trade value sucks but maybe someone steps up as a trade partner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well at the moment his trade value sucks but maybe someone steps up as a trade partner. 

hope so it needs to happen get young ready now, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Schroeder will probably be dealt once his value goes up a bit.

 

Maybe halfway through the season or if a team is in an emergency need of a PG.

hope not the sooner the better, see what i did there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 3:27 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

That’s good never liked him being a backup.  Don’t understand what Bud saw in him.

agree bud had a weird since when it came to talent, he really tried to turn us into the east spurs so glad that guy is gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

agree bud had a weird since when it came to talent, he really tried to turn us into the east spurs so glad that guy is gone

I think after that 60-win season is when I went a little sour on Bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 10:57 AM, Beef said:

Does this look like our approximate depth chart for 2018-19?

PG: Dennis Schroeder | Trae Young | Isaiah Taylor | Josh Magette

SG: Kent Bazemore | Tyler Dorsey | Kevin Huerter

SF: Taurean Prince | DeAndre Bembry | Andrew White

PF: John Collins | Mike Muscala | Omari Spellman

C: Dewayne Dedmon | Miles Plumlee

 

I'm assuming the goal is to eventually get rid of Dennis and Bazemore, obviously Trae will take over starting PG, have Huerter become the starting 2, and I'm assuming with potentially 2 or even 3 Lottery picks next year, we will almost assuredly draft a top-10 Center with our first pick.  I'm curious who the Center prospects are for next year as well.  Anyone special we want to hope to get?

That looks about right. Pretty decent roster that might be able to get in the playoffs. Should get uplifts from Prince, Collins, Dorsey and Bembree this year if they stay healthy. If Bembree and Dorsey can improve their jump shooting look out.

Need to move Dennis, Baze and Plumlee. If we can't, throw Trae out there with Dennis and let Baze come off the bench. If Moose opts in, slide him down to back up center and let Spellman get the back up minutes at the four.

Starting to get excited about this team. Sports in Georgia is about to get real fun. All four pro teams are on the rise and playing in shiny new stadiums. Dawgs should be relevant. Can't wait to take it all in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That looks about right. Pretty decent roster that might be able to get in the playoffs. Should get uplifts from Prince, Collins, Dorsey and Bembree this year if they stay healthy. If Bembree and Dorsey can improve their jump shooting look out.

Need to move Dennis, Baze and Plumlee. If we can't, throw Trae out there with Dennis and let Baze come off the bench. If Moose opts in, slide him down to back up center and let Spellman get the back up minutes at the four.

Starting to get excited about this team. Sports in Georgia is about to get real fun. All four pro teams are on the rise and playing in shiny new stadiums. Dawgs should be relevant. Can't wait to take it all in.

Yep.

I removed Taylor from the OP since he’s gone. 

And Muscala already did opt in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Beef said:

Yep.

I removed Taylor from the OP since he’s gone. 

And Muscala already did opt in.

Glad to hear Moose opted in. I think he is a valuable reserve. Good skills. I like his game.

Why Magette over Taylor? Don't totally get that one unless we're definitely planning to keep Dennis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
  • Create New...