GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Why can't he just show up and have faith...?

114 posts in this topic

Who was the last person for the Falcons to hold out? Rico showed and just had faith....Free showed and had faith....

Why does Julios situation dictate that he not be involved in team activities and box the Falcons in? Would we really not just figure it out for him if he just sat with the brass and said "You got until preseason to figure it out and I'll be there"...?

I'm assuming he asked if he could get some guaranteed cash they probably said "no" and gave some bs answer as to why not that he didn't like. 

Bad example, Rico wanted a long term contract, he got a one year deal. That's not exactly getting what you want.  

If he just shows up, Falcons don't have to do anything. Missing OTAs and minicamp are the only things he can do to let the falcons know he's serious.

24 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Who was the last person for the Falcons to hold out? Rico showed and just had faith....Free showed and had faith....

Why does Julios situation dictate that he not be involved in team activities and box the Falcons in? Would we really not just figure it out for him if he just sat with the brass and said "You got until preseason to figure it out and I'll be there"...?

Same reason Roddy White didn't have faith...

Faithful Falcon likes this

Meh.  Worry if it's the second week of training camp and there is video of him partying 24/7 in Ibiza all over the internet.  They will come to an arrangement.  It will get done.  In other news the earth will turn and rain will fall and the meaningful things in life are still very much in your world. 

Have faith? In what? A league that cut Dez Bryant with 2 years left on his contract? A league where your contract means NOTHING without guaranteed money? A league where if you under perform they can cut you immediately, but if you OVER perform they expect you to "honor" your "contract".

Rico had to sign because he's trying to get whatever money he can. Dude has leverage. He's not a Pro-Bowler and won't be here in 2 years anyway. So you sign that tender, get your $2 mill, and tell your agent to get to work.

Julio Jones.....is Julio Jones. Idc when he shows up. Tell Matt to give him some of his $100 mill guaranteed or whatever absurd over paid number he got. Because WITHOUT Julio Jones.....well....

Dirtybird3 and GANDI like this

1 hour ago, EJmusic said:

I'm assuming he asked if he could get some guaranteed cash they probably said "no" and gave some bs answer as to why not that he didn't like. 

BS answer like, "There's a salary cap and we're up against it?" Look, I get it. Julio is hurt. He's been trying to play hurt his entire career. Last year it effected his play and he's getting older and the guaranteed money is gone from his current deal. I get his need to try to get what he can get before he has to get on the field again and 'possibly' show that he can't perform as he once did due to injuries which would destroy his leverage. It's a business. The team has business to take care of too. You can't pay a guy for past achievements. You pay him for future performance and the question is, are you going to get what you pay for with Julio? Straight up question. Look,  I love the car I have now. It has done me well for 7 years and I still like it. Would I pay the same or more for it now with a new loan for 3 or 4 more years just because of the great performance it has given me? If the team thinks it's worth it and there is no way to the Lombardy without him, OK, do the deal but if the answer is that they think they can't afford him then trade him and move on. Such is life. I do think Julio sprang this on them a bit late in the process and I don't see how his needs somehow are more important than the team's. My only thought is that Julio may know he can't perform well enough this year to get what he hoped to get when the promised renegotiation comes after this season so he went all in.

PokerSteve and ltstorm2 like this

10 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Have faith? In what? A league that cut Dez Bryant with 2 years left on his contract? A league where your contract means NOTHING without guaranteed money? A league where if you under perform they can cut you immediately, but if you OVER perform they expect you to "honor" your "contract".

Rico had to sign because he's trying to get whatever money he can. Dude has leverage. He's not a Pro-Bowler and won't be here in 2 years anyway. So you sign that tender, get your $2 mill, and tell your agent to get to work.

Julio Jones.....is Julio Jones. Idc when he shows up. Tell Matt to give him some of his $100 mill guaranteed or whatever absurd over paid number he got. Because WITHOUT Julio Jones.....well....

Dez... the guy who cant run routes and has been an issue his entire career... yea ok great example 

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Dez... the guy who cant run routes and has been an issue his entire career... yea ok great example 

It actually is a great example my friend. Bryant is same age as Julio, and like Julio was one of the top WRers in NFL in 2012-2014...injuries caught up with him 2 years ago, and team let him go 2 years early before term of his contract with cowgirls expired. Bryant lost millions. 

Falcons would do the same thing with Julio if his production was cut in half. It's the business side of football that’s usually skewed in favor of teams.

Julio has received 47 mil over the last 3 years and is due to receive 12.9 mil in salary this year with re-negotiations coming after this season. This doesn't look like the "Man" has his foot on the neck of the "Peon employee" to me. Why would Julio do something that seems completely out of character? Forget the whole T.O. garbage. I can only think that he can't wait until the off season because he knows his performance would hurt him rather than help him. This gives me pause and I'm sure it does for TD as well.

Herr Doktor and Tim Mazetti like this

if you remember he showed up on faith before he received his last contract..       the difference is Julio was in his 5th year option and the FO didn't want him to hit the FA Market.. that means he knew they would work to get his deal done..     this time around he still has 3 years left on his contract, so the FO might put this in the "to do" pile..   with him not showing up to camp the FO has to make this a priority.     this will get done.. i just wanna see him retire a Falcon and hope this contract doesn't make him a cap casualty in a few years!!

Vandy likes this

21 minutes ago, slider said:

Julio has received 47 mil over the last 3 years and is due to receive 12.9 mil in salary this year with re-negotiations coming after this season. This doesn't look like the "Man" has his foot on the neck of the "Peon employee" to me. Why would Julio do something that seems completely out of character? Forget the whole T.O. garbage. I can only think that he can't wait until the off season because he knows his performance would hurt him rather than help him. This gives me pause and I'm sure it does for TD as well.

LOL.

Flying Falcon and slick0ne like this

25 minutes ago, slider said:

Lawd have mercy...

Flying Falcon likes this

Knocking on ALL of the wood. He is trying to make money. Say he shows up and gets hurt. All leverage lost depending on severity = no mo monies

1 minute ago, WisFalcon said:

Knocking on ALL of the wood. He is trying to make money. Say he shows up and gets hurt. All leverage lost depending on severity = no mo monies

As I said in another post, it's perfectly understandable that Julio would try to look after his own interests as we all should. The team has it's interests to consider also and it has been very public and above board with it's plans as far as who they want to re-sign and when so as to keep the train rolling so to speak. Julio's renegotiation was to come up next year even though there would be 2 more years left. The team negotiated the contract so as to make it a necessity to re-negotiate it after 2018 due to the cap hit. Matt's re-negotiation was to be this year. This has all been public knowledge and discussed over and over on this forum for the past couple of years.I don't think the team has been underhanded in their dealings with Julio in any way. They've been public with their intentions on contracts so far. Julio is using his leverage to get a new deal now, I think it's only reasonable to consider whether it's worth doing. The Pats have been pretty successful with letting guys walk that were in this situation. When it comes to trade leverage the team has it right now. That might not be the case if Julio can't produce next year. It's a business and you have to make hard choices. If you had a great car for 7 years would you take out another 4 year loan and buy it again?

WisFalcon and PokerSteve like this