Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roguebeaver

Falcons won’t miss Jamis’ Winston’s suspension for first three games!

107 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Shame, considering this bust will be heading towards oblivion once his competitive seasons begins in week 4...lol 

Yeah...I saw that...they haven't announced it yet but it looks like it might happen...

roguebeaver likes this

For anyone else wondering what this is about due to a lack of detail in the OP....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/20/report-jameis-winston-braces-for-a-suspension/ 

Report: Jameis Winston braces for a suspension

Mike Florio

The investigation regarding Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston remains open. Whenever it closes, the final decision could indeed be a suspension.

Via JoeBucsFan.com, ESPN Tallahassee radio host Jeff Cameron said that the NFL will suspend Winston for the alleged incident from March 2016 with an Uber driver in Arizona.

“The Winston camp is prepared for the NFL to levy a suspension of some kind,” Cameron said. “The thought from the Winston camp is that would be a maximum of three games. I do not know at this time whether or not they plan to appeal, and I do not know that three games is an accurate number. I’ve been told that would seem to be the maximum number of games that the suspension could be. It’s also likely that it’s less than that and it’s one game.”

The suspension would arise not necessarily from the incident itself but from a failure to make a timely report of the allegation, which can constitute a separate violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

Whatever the suspension, the filing of an internal appeal makes sense. External attacks on the suspension, via litigation, would make little sense, given that past cases have made it clear that the league’s power in these case is extremely broad.

I've added tags to this and your thread about Julio "telling it all".  Come on man.  That's one click-baity and now one inaccurate thread title.  And if you're going to break news on here, at least give some info along with your weird posts.

18 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

I've added tags to this and your thread about Julio "telling it all".  Come on man.  That's one click-baity and now one inaccurate thread title.  And if you're going to break news on here, at least give some info along with your weird posts.

K. Now we all know the rules here.  Thanks for giving us direction. Hope all follow ur rules!  Sorry for u having to clean this up for me! In time, all becomes clear! 

4 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

K. Now we all know the rules here.  Thanks for giving us direction. Hope all follow ur rules!  Sorry for u having to clean this up for me! In time, all becomes clear! 

All good...not a big deal.  Meant that as more a casual critique than anything serious.

9 hours ago, caponine said:

Lol that is ridiculous, the nfl continues to lose respect. You bring up something from 2 years ago as a reason to suspend someone. I hate how nfl sticks their nose in business that does involve the nfl at all.

This one is for a sexual assault. They just waited until the investigation was complete. It's justified.

31 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

This one is for a sexual assault. They just waited until the investigation was complete. It's justified.

but there was never any concrete evidence, thats why they kept saying “allegedly”. We dont know for sure, same thing they did with Zeke last year. 

2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Yeah, someone who was with him in the vehicle.

yeaaahhhh i'm not saying he may have or may not have did it buuuttttt if we're being honest, and this would go for myself as well, a friend isn't necessarily the best person to turn to in these situations. granted some friends turn state on you if there's some type of bad blood or they will get something out of it but I would have to have some other form of evidence other than a friends word. do uber's have cameras in their vehicle?

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

yeaaahhhh i'm not saying he may have or may not have did it buuuttttt if we're being honest, and this would go for myself as well, a friend isn't necessarily the best person to turn to in these situations. granted some friends turn state on you if there's some type of bad blood or they will get something out of it but I would have to have some other form of evidence other than a friends word. do uber's have cameras in their vehicle?

Dont think so. But i don't think he was included in the police report.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Dont think so. But i don't think he was included in the police report.

I remember the friend being mentioned around the time the investigation was initially reported. wasn't sure about the police report though. main thing I remember is that winson didn't report it to the team or league.

Flying Falcon likes this