g-dawg

NBA Draft DAY is HERE!!! - Rumors and Buzz

693 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, WOR said:

Please God let it be so that the clippers actually want Dennis and aren't going to make us pay 19 AND more to get rid of him. 

We'll know soon enough, but my belief is that Schroder's overhead has eroded his value to the point that we'd need him and the #19 to get #13. It would be stunned if we got the #13 straight up for him. Even if we did, I don't know how that would work since we wouldn't want the #13, the #19, the #30, and the #34. Even tanking teams don't go that young.

36 minutes ago, WOR said:

This was my point a minute ago. 

Like that mavs deal is bad. You swap a decent young player for an injured old player just to lose one year of contract? And get a pick that very well could be late lottery.... Or later? Nah. 

Now the magic.... That makes sense. Dennis needs to go and they're gonna suck again

It's not bad if Young is the target (and assuming he pans out), in which case you'd get him and an extra lottery pick in next year's draft while dumping Baze's contract. As long as no other picks in this draft are given up (Which I didn't see any), it's a solid deal.

Edited by JerseyNo12

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

We'll know soon enough, but my belief is that Schroder's overhead has eroded his value to the point that we'd need him and the #19 to get #13. It would be stunned if we got the #13 straight up for him. Even if we did, I don't know how that would work since we wouldn't want the #13, the #19, the #30, and the #34. Even tanking teams don't go that young.

Oh no lol. Dennis and 19 for 13 is a tremendous deal for the Hawks. Id expect Dennis and 19 to move you BACKWARDS. Ala Dwight. Dennis should be a negative value. Like Dennis, 19, and a future protected first kind of negative. 

THAT deal is what scares me. But hey. Maybe the clippers actually like him. Which would be par for the course for them lol. 

6 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

It's not bad if Young is the target (and assuming he pans out), in which case you'd get him and an extra lottery pick in next year's draft while dumping Baze's contract. As long as no other picks in this draft are given up (Which I didn't see any), it's a solid deal.

You're not really dumping Bazes contract. You're dumping a year of it. That's why i view it as a bad deal. 

Dumping Baze for no real reason is going to hurt the assets you get in return. That just doesn't make much sense. 

Is 3 for 5 and a pick good enough? Cause that's really what it boils down to. I'd say 3 for 5 and 2 picks would be fine(cause who knows if the mavs suck next year), but dumping Baze negates that second pick. That's why I don't like. Getting rid of Baze at the cost of an asset doesn't seem smart to me. 

That trade feels like a much better deal for the mavs. 

They get who they want and they get a player(Baze) who actually plays, all for a future first. 

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

You're not really dumping Bazes contract. You're dumping a year of it. That's why i view it as a bad deal. 

Dumping Baze for no real reason is going to hurt the assets you get in return. That just doesn't make much sense. 

Is 3 for 5 and a pick good enough? Cause that's really what it boils down to. I'd say 3 for 5 and 2 picks would be fine(cause who knows if the mavs suck next year), but dumping Baze negates that second pick. 

The Hawks are in year 1 of a rebuild. They're playing the long game at this point. If they're looking to rebuild through the draft then I don't see how players negate draft picks when those players likely won't be on the books for long anyway.

1 minute ago, JerseyNo12 said:

The Hawks are in year 1 of a rebuild. They're playing the long game at this point. If they're looking to rebuild through the draft then I don't see how players negate draft picks when those players likely won't be on the books for long anyway.

This is exactly my point. 

Dumping Baze is part of the package. If dumping him wasn't there, some other asset would be. Dumping Baze costs you that asset. 

As a team that doesn't need the money, why would you do that? I'd rather try yo get a protected 2020 pick. 

Would you trade a future 20th pick to dump Baze? Cause that's what that package is.

jayu70 likes this

About an hour to go, I couldn't go through the boards too much, and I see a bunch of leaks, so I'm done for a while.

The mavs are willing to give up more than just 5 and next years pick or else they wouldn't also take Baze. It'd just be 3 and next year and that's it. 

I'd rather that extra be a pick than a Baze salary dump. 

1. No need to get cute - select Doncic, keep him.

2. Don't devalue the pick by attaching Dennis or Bazemore

3. Pick Doncic, keep him

4. If Trae is falling, no need to trade #3 to get him. try and move up to get him: #14 from Denver, #15 from the Wiz, #17 ftom Bucks...one of these combined with #19 and #30.

5. Pick Doncic, keep him

WOR and jidady like this

1 hour ago, WOR said:

One thing Id like to point out that I'm sensing.... 

Doncic isn't the end of the rebuild. 

I'm feeling a lot that fans want to get the "it" guy and be one FA away from skyrocketing into contention. That guy's not in this draft. 

Doncic is as good of a piece as you could realistically hope for in a draft that doesnt have KD/Lebron. Take another guy next year. Maybe sign a free agent. 

People seem to focus too much around Doncic on THIS hawks team. I see too much "but we have to get a superstar" over thinking. 

Exactly. He is the 1st step after the tear down. Get him, build upon it.

The one thing I've believed all along was the early report that we had Bagley #1 on our board. I'm wondering if we've done all of this in hopes that somebody would make Sacramento a great offer to deal out of #2 and let someone else have Doncic. In that scenario, Bagley falls to us.

The only thing I like about Baze is his love for the city. The rest of his game is pretty bad and I hate when he tries to dribble. He's a player that thrives in situations where there's 0 pressure. I would stay away from him if I were a contending team, but I think he'd be a good clubhouse guy for the rooks.

VTCrunkler likes this

Just now, stizz said:

The only thing I like about Baze is his love for the city. The rest of his game is pretty bad and I hate when he tries to dribble. He's a player that thrives in situations where there's 0 pressure. I would stay away from him if I were a contending team, but I think he'd be a good clubhouse guy for the rooks.

Baze is nowhere near that bad lol 

26 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

1. No need to get cute - select Doncic, keep him.

2. Don't devalue the pick by attaching Dennis or Bazemore

3. Pick Doncic, keep him

4. If Trae is falling, no need to trade #3 to get him. try and move up to get him: #14 from Denver, #15 from the Wiz, #17 ftom Bucks...one of these combined with #19 and #30.

5. Pick Doncic, keep him

Doncic is overrated and will bust like the recently highly picked INT players.

Just now, Nereek said:

Doncic is overrated and will bust like the recently highly picked INT players.

Could you knock the schtick off for the next few hours? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

Could you knock the schtick off for the next few hours? Thanks 

Rather not have the hawks draft another overhyped INT player. 

Just now, Nereek said:

Rather not have the hawks draft another overhyped INT player. 

You have several posts over the past month and every single one is negative. It's a schtick.