g-dawg

NBA Draft DAY is HERE!!! - Rumors and Buzz

682 posts in this topic

I'd venture to say 75% of people out there have literally no idea what they're talking about(fan wise). 

Stay in your lane. If you don't know, you don't know. It's not a big deal to just shut your mouth lol. 

"Manu isn't good enough. Joe Johnson isn't good enough. Al horford isn't good enough. Multiple Allstar player X isn't good enough"

Just shhhhhh. 

Man. Reading those comments... Kings fans LOVE them some Doncic. 

It's funny that they're almost exactly opposite of the general Hawks fan. 

g-dawg likes this

I somewhat suspect we will take Doncic if he is there at #3 no matter what unless we have made a trade beforehand (Dallas?) and then possibly try and trade him to one of these teams obsessed with him.

The only way the Hawks should trade down is if they get unprotected future lottery picks from a team thought not to make playoffs next year - and even then, I wouldn't go down more than to #6 in this draft.

If Hawks love Doncic or Bagley, they should just take him.

jayu70 likes this

10 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

I somewhat suspect we will take Doncic if he is there at #3 no matter what unless we have made a trade beforehand (Dallas?) and then possibly try and trade him to one of these teams obsessed with him.

just think of all the Slovenians in the ATL showing up at Philips Arena and cheering on our HAWKS!  :ninja:

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

just think of all the Slovenians in the ATL showing up at Philips Arena and cheering on our HAWKS!  :ninja:

Hey, you never know lol.

The Hawks fanbase could grow tremendously internationally. Hawks merchandising and international appeal could be huge.

^^^^If Trae Young is falling,  maybe Hawks should trade down w/ Dallas - take JJJ or Bamba - and then use 19/30 and something else to get in the 10-12 range an draft Trae Young.

I would like to have TY but don't think he should be our first pick.   You don't want to reach for him.

2 hours ago, Nereek said:

You can't screw up the lottery pick, you just can't... Warriors were terrible for 30 years, but once they drafted superstars, they started winning championships. The NBA is all about superstars. 

Lol, you're acting like Curry and Klay were can't miss draft picks. There were a lot of questions about Curry's size, durability and defense coming (same as Trae Young) and Klay was a fringe lottery pick. Draymond Green was drafted in the 2nd round. 

Even after they assembled that core, it took hiring Steve Kerr to make the most of it.

The NBA is more of a crapshoot than the NFL. There's very few can't miss prospects that you know will excel at the next level (e.g. LeBron James and Kevin Durant), and many other good players require the right coach/system for them to really succeed at a high level.

Edited by JerseyNo12
g-dawg likes this

3 minutes ago, WOR said:

It's happeninghggg

The Draft starts at Three.....ATL.

Over the years, the #3 has been good to Atlanta - Matt Ryan, MVP - Al Horford, All-Star

How excited are you going to be WOR, if Hawks take your guy, Doncic?   On a scale of 1-10.  I want to love Doncic, but I just am not there yet - I know he does everything well.....he just seems like a #3 on a great team - wish he was a touch more explosive - I know he has a very good all around game and good size and can run the point.  He won't be a BUST for sure.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The Draft starts at Three.....ATL.

Over the years, the #3 has been good to Atlanta - Matt Ryan, MVP - Al Horford, All-Star

How excited are you going to be WOR, if Hawks take your guy, Doncic?   On a scale of 1-10.  I want to love Doncic, but I just am not there yet - I know he does everything well.....he just seems like a #3 on a great team - wish he was a touch more explosive - I know he has a very good all around game and good size and can run the point.  He won't be a BUST for sure.

9. I might would say a 10 of I wasn't having massive anxiety that they'll take him and flip him for Trae lol. 

I think #3 is low. I'd strongly say he's a #2 on a title team, and maybe a #1 on a decent team. 

You're looking at a better passing/not as good defending Joe Johnson. Joe got a lot of heat for things that werent his fault(contract, team, and coaching), but at the end of the day he was right below the star level and a constant All Star. I'm expecting similar to that for Doncic. He's not going to be the James Harden uber star, but he will be incredibly important to a team competing for a title. 

g-dawg likes this

One thing Id like to point out that I'm sensing.... 

Doncic isn't the end of the rebuild. 

I'm feeling a lot that fans want to get the "it" guy and be one FA away from skyrocketing into contention. That guy's not in this draft. 

Doncic is as good of a piece as you could realistically hope for in a draft that doesnt have KD/Lebron. Take another guy next year. Maybe sign a free agent. 

People seem to focus too much around Doncic on THIS hawks team. I see too much "but we have to get a superstar" over thinking. 

g-dawg and jayu70 like this

Another thing I'll say about Doncic that I find a bit strange(CAUSE HE'S A WHITE EURO lol) 

People have zero problem projecting out players like Bagley, Young, Bamba, and JJJ after they develop to their full potential. Bagley may not be Amare right now, but he could be. Bamba isn't gobert but he could be. Etc etc. 

But absolutely no one stops and thinks about Doncics ability to develop any further than he is right now.... As a 19 year old who hasn't been able to train for 3 years cause he plays Euro basketball constantly lol. 

Everything about Doncic seems to be "Well if you just take him from euro ball and plug him into the NBA he's going to be x and I'm not going to imagine a world where he gets better" and he's STILL an elite prospect in this draft. Just think how crazy it is to be a consensus top 3 pick when your upside isn't even a factor. 

m2Falcons and jayu70 like this

12 minutes ago, WOR said:

9. I might would say a 10 of I wasn't having massive anxiety that they'll take him and flip him for Trae lol. 

I think #3 is low. I'd strongly say he's a #2 on a title team, and maybe a #1 on a decent team. 

You're looking at a better passing/not as good defending Joe Johnson. Joe got a lot of heat for things that werent his fault(contract, team, and coaching), but at the end of the day he was right below the star level and a constant All Star. I'm expecting similar to that for Doncic. He's not going to be the James Harden uber star, but he will be incredibly important to a team competing for a title. 

Even if Doncic does not exactly become as big of an American star as Harden, he could very well become the bigger star internationally.

I honestly don't really believe this. They can't even take Bazes deal. They'd have to send us salary back..... So....why would we do that. 

3 minutes ago, WOR said:

I honestly don't really believe this. They can't even take Bazes deal. They'd have to send us salary back..... So....why would we do that. 

we gotta get more back than just unloading Baze's contract, don't we?      It sure does seem like the "Trae Young to Hawks" thing has huge momentum throughout this process.....the Luka thing has only been in last 24 hours - and I just believe it is to create trade interest and was probably leaked purposely to WOJ.

if Travis Schlenk screws this pick up, it won't cost him his job - but he will be halfway there.   He has to nail this top pick.

Just now, g-dawg said:

we gotta get more back than just unloading Baze's contract.      It sure does seem like the "Trae Young to Hawks" thing has huge momentum throughout this process.....the Luka thing has only been in last 24 hours - and I just believe it is to create trade interest and was probably leaked purposely to WOJ.

Lukas been around for a while. And it's not a coincidence. It came about at the same time that people started realizing the kings were dumb enough to pass on him lol. 

The floating rumors thing works both ways. 

g-dawg likes this

Just now, jidady said:

This is what I was saying yesterday. It's the same source, though.

I don't really believe it, but found it and put it out there - hopefully.   Would love to be able to get JJJ or Bamba and then come back and trade up for Trae Young - I like Young but don't want him to be our 1st pick.