g-dawg

NBA Draft DAY is HERE!!! - Rumors and Buzz

693 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Guess the wrong team picked him if he's deathly afraid of birds lol

Wonder if he'll be afraid of Harry The Hawk.

32 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Wonder if he'll be afraid of Harry The Hawk.

Or afraid of his teammates which will cause him to be a ball hog 

6 hours ago, jidady said:

Funny note from CBS Sports:

"

A brief freakout — just Young acting a little weird. But then came the horror in Australia a few days later. The setting: gorgeous, horseshoe-shaped Sydney Harbor, with the city’s world-famous Opera House in the not-so-far distance. Ferry boats moan while shops and restaurants bustle with tourists from around the globe. Oklahoma’s team was taking a morning stroll on its way to a guided tour. “Then Trae runs and hides behind [teammate] Hannes [Polla],” Sooners junior Jamuni McNeace said. “We’re walking by the pier when a pigeon runs up on him.” The condition is known as ornithophobia. Trae Young is deathly afraid of birds."

Geez.....

19 hours ago, jidady said:

Funny note from CBS Sports:

"

A brief freakout — just Young acting a little weird. But then came the horror in Australia a few days later. The setting: gorgeous, horseshoe-shaped Sydney Harbor, with the city’s world-famous Opera House in the not-so-far distance. Ferry boats moan while shops and restaurants bustle with tourists from around the globe. Oklahoma’s team was taking a morning stroll on its way to a guided tour. “Then Trae runs and hides behind [teammate] Hannes [Polla],” Sooners junior Jamuni McNeace said. “We’re walking by the pier when a pigeon runs up on him.” The condition is known as ornithophobia. Trae Young is deathly afraid of birds."

Bruce Wayne was afraid of bats. 

19649791.gif

jidady and Beef like this

Decided to dust this thread off. Of course it's too early to draw conclusions and we have zero idea of whether either of the Hawks' picks is going to be a dog. But all three of them flashed incredible potential last night and there's a chance that you guys hit a home run. It might be better if you guys grow and develop and get another lottery pick in 2019, in which case you may have done everything in a couple of years that it took the Process four years to accomplish.

Without alienating the fan base by refusing to put a competent team on the floor.

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Decided to dust this thread off. Of course it's too early to draw conclusions and we have zero idea of whether either of the Hawks' picks is going to be a dog. But all three of them flashed incredible potential last night and there's a chance that you guys hit a home run. It might be better if you guys grow and develop and get another lottery pick in 2019, in which case you may have done everything in a couple of years that it took the Process four years to accomplish.

Without alienating the fan base by refusing to put a competent team on the floor.

Im hoping for a top 5 and top 10 pick to go along with what we have and we def could be young and fn good if we hit next years draft right. This class along with collins and prince and we got some fire power

8 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Well, growing and developing is all good and well, but that's different from tanking. Not that I'm saying the Hawks are a playoff team, but if the talent develops too fast, well, we'd have to rely on a usually tight West to keep the Mavs out of the playoffs and for the Cavs to not be bad enough to get a top 10 pick.

On 6/21/2018 at 10:13 PM, WOR said:

3 years out hawks playing Young/Huerter 25 minutes together is terrifying lol. 

I'm just re-reading this thread, and I have to say that it worked out pretty well in year one. I know that you were really upset on draft night. How do you feel about the situation now?

g-dawg likes this

On 6/21/2018 at 9:16 PM, jidady said:

Oh, I really like Trae, but the problem is simple. Maria Taylor, the woman who interviewed him, is bigger than him. He struggled to hold up during an NCAA season. I'm dubious about he'll look like in game #60 next year.

But all of that is a sidenote to the fact that Doncic is a rare talent. We just gave him away for couch cushion change.

Last year Me was an idiot. How bad was the rest of Oklahoma last year that they couldn't win in the second half of the year with Trae?

At this point, I'm not sure if I'd rather have Trae or Doncic, which is kind of amazing.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:29 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

I think the biggest concern is his size and ability to play defense in the NBA.  He's a hawk so I'm going to roll with him.  Maybe he balls out for us.

Well he’s been great and still learning and he has balled out this year!

g-dawg, No.11, TheTrue7 and 1 other like this

20 hours ago, jidady said:

Last year Me was an idiot. How bad was the rest of Oklahoma last year that they couldn't win in the second half of the year with Trae?

At this point, I'm not sure if I'd rather have Trae or Doncic, which is kind of amazing.

I'm not sure why I forgot to reply to this earlier but from what I have taken, Lon Kruger is not a good coach at all. If he has an elite guard, he'll simply run all the offense through that guard instead of trying to develop an equal opportunity offense. Plus his teams don't play good defense. The dots are connected easily.

He might have won a game in the tournament without Trae this year, but his team still wasn't all that great, and part of it was probably because he was forced to play equal opportunity offense and Ole Miss played their F game in that game.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:14 PM, WOR said:

Yes that's my point. Like the Hawks have zero interest in ayton. 

My point is this. I'm listening to Woj 8 days a week over Zach Klein. Woj is the best in the business. This is his entire livelihood. Zach Klein can be wrong and move right along. Which of those guys do you think it's easier to throw fake rumors at lol. 

Zach Klein nailed it.

Let this do the talking 

/thread 

Hawks got a PG who is best facillator in the NBA and can score.  20/10 player who free agents will want to play alongside him.  Also has a flair to his game that is exciting to fans.  We got the most exciting player in last year’s draft plus a likely Top 10 pick(hopefully!) in this draft.

YES, Doncic is also great but I believe Hawks made the right call - at least it’s close call now.

32 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Well.. to be honest, the thread ended over a month ago..

:lol:

Threads NEVER end around here.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Let this do the talking 

/thread 

Hawks got a PG who is best facillator in the NBA and can score.  20/10 player who free agents will want to play alongside him.  Also has a flair to his game that is exciting to fans.  We got the most exciting player in last year’s draft plus a likely Top 10 pick(hopefully!) in this draft.

YES, Doncic is also great but I believe Hawks made the right call - at least it’s close call now.

We got one of the best two players in that draft AND an extra top 10 lottery pick. That's a solid win. The last three drafts (including the upcoming one) could set us up for a decade of championship contention.

jayu70, Drew4719, g-dawg and 1 other like this