g-dawg

NBA Draft DAY is HERE!!! - Rumors and Buzz

693 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, WOR said:

Yeah me and BBD talked about this last week I believe.

Theyve got enough to make it work, but I really don't know why they would. 

Where would they play Doncic? Why would they need him with a team that already has very capable ball handlers in kyrie, Tatum, and Gordon. 

I cant see them trading up for a big. 

Where would you slot Jaylen Brown if he was in this draft?

I could see this working for a team where he has no one to pass to lol. 

Alright Colin. You've got 40 minutes, do what you want! 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Where would you slot Jaylen Brown if he was in this draft?

Brown now? Or brown as a prospect? Lol. 

Probably somewhere around 5. I'd put him near Young but above Bamba. Personally. 

g-dawg likes this

18 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Take Parsons' contract and the #4 pick. 

Memphis didn't lose all season to give away the #4 pick with a bad contract. It's one of those situations where everyone should stop and ask, "Would I like my team to do this?" Would folks here give away the #3 pick in order to be rid of Bazemore and Schroder? Of course not.

g-dawg and tl;dr like this

19 minutes ago, WOR said:

Where would they play Doncic? Why would they need him with a team that already has very capable ball handlers in kyrie, Tatum, and Gordon. 

I think they'd be doing it as an asset acquisition for a later deal. They know some bad teams covet Doncic. The idea would be that they could get $1.50 back on the dollar in a trade, and Ainge's body of work supports that notion.

29 minutes ago, WOR said:

I understand this move for the sixers. They need money for FAs and don't have that many roster spots. 

Which is why I'm also not overly sure why the Lakers are doing this. I guess if you sign George/Lebron you're gonna need all the dirt cheap garbage players you can get lol

Draft Express, which is generally quite good at this stuff, thinks the Lakers wanted to have a soft landing spot for Mitchell Robinson.

They're also saying that the Knicks might take on Parsons' contract to move up to #4 and draft...Bamba? Twin Towers 2?

11 minutes ago, jidady said:

Draft Express, which is generally quite good at this stuff, thinks the Lakers wanted to have a soft landing spot for Mitchell Robinson.

They're also saying that the Knicks might take on Parsons' contract to move up to #4 and draft...Bamba? Twin Towers 2?

Lol Bamba is a gloriously knicksy pick 

Mitchell Robinson makes zero sense unless they're continuing on the rebuild route instead of the super team route. Robinson is gonna take a good little while to develop. I have no idea what the Lakers are trying to do lol

jidady likes this

Just now, WOR said:

Lol Bamba is a gloriously knicksy pick 

I'm kind of warming to the idea. I can see the appeal of (praying and hoping for) twin unicorns.

52 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Dark horse trade partner Celts?

What would they give us?  I will take Jaylen Brown plus a few of those future 1st rounders they got from other teams.

Those future 1st rounders are lottery protected...pass.

blkbigdog35 likes this

7 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Those future 1st rounders are lottery protected...pass.

https://nesn.com/2018/05/heres-how-celtics-could-have-four-first-round-picks-in-2019-nba-draft/

"It’s not all bad news for Boston, though. Because the Lakers pick didn’t go to the Celtics, Boston now receives the more favorable of the Sacramento Kings’ or 76ers’ 2019 first-round picks, unless one is the No. 1 pick. The 76ers put top-pick protection on both of them.

This Kings pick isn’t the only first-round draft choice the Celtics could own in 2019. They actually could have four (!) of them.

Here’s how that scenario could become reality:

Kings or 76ers first-round pick: Celtics receive the more favorable pick, protected for No. 1 overall.

Los Angeles Clippers first-round pick: Celtics receive this selection if the Clippers make the playoffs next season because it’s top-14 protected. If this pick doesn’t convey in 2019 or 2020 (top-14 protected both years) then Los Angeles will send its 2022 second-round pick to Boston.

Memphis Grizzlies first-round pick: The Celtics receive this pick if it falls between Nos. 9 and 30. If it does not convey in 2019, the pick then becomes top-6 protected in 2020. If the selection doesn’t convey by 2020, it becomes an unprotected 2021 first-rounder going to Boston.

Celtics first-round pick: Boston also has its own selection, which probably will be toward the end of Round 1.

So, to recap, Celtics fans next season will be rooting for the Kings to struggle (but not too much so they don’t have the best chance at the top pick), the Clippers to make the playoffs and the Grizzlies to be one of the first few Western Conference teams to miss the postseason. Although, given the state of the Grizzlies franchise, it might be better for the C’s if that pick doesn’t convey until 2021 when it’s unprotected. Memphis is expected to begin rebuilding soon."

It’s not all bad news for Boston, though. Because the Lakers pick didn’t go to the Celtics, Boston now receives the more favorable of the Sacramento Kings’ or 76ers’ 2019 first-round picks, unless one is the No. 1 pick. The 76ers put top-pick protection on both of them. This Kings pick isn’t the only first-round draft choice the Celtics could own in 2019. They actually could have four (!) of them. Here’s how that scenario could become reality: Kings or 76ers first-round pick: Celtics receive the more favorable pick, protected for No. 1 overall. Los Angeles Clippers first-round pick: Celtics receive this selection if the Clippers make the playoffs next season because it’s top-14 protected. If this pick doesn’t convey in 2019 or 2020 (top-14 protected both years) then Los Angeles will send its 2022 second-round pick to Boston. Memphis Grizzlies first-round pick: The Celtics receive this pick if it falls between Nos. 9 and 30. If it does not convey in 2019, the pick then becomes top-6 protected in 2020. If the selection doesn’t convey by 2020, it becomes an unprotected 2021 first-rounder going to Boston. Celtics first-round pick: Boston also has its own selection, which probably will be toward the end of Round 1. So, to recap, Celtics fans next season will be rooting for the Kings to struggle (but not too much so they don’t have the best chance at the top pick), the Clippers to make the playoffs and the Grizzlies to be one of the first few Western Conference teams to miss the postseason. Although, given the state of the Grizzlies franchise, it might be better for the C’s if that pick doesn’t convey until 2021 when it’s unprotected. Memphis is expected to begin rebuilding soon.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/heres-how-celtics-could-have-four-first-round-picks-in-2019-nba-draft/
It’s not all bad news for Boston, though. Because the Lakers pick didn’t go to the Celtics, Boston now receives the more favorable of the Sacramento Kings’ or 76ers’ 2019 first-round picks, unless one is the No. 1 pick. The 76ers put top-pick protection on both of them. This Kings pick isn’t the only first-round draft choice the Celtics could own in 2019. They actually could have four (!) of them. Here’s how that scenario could become reality: Kings or 76ers first-round pick: Celtics receive the more favorable pick, protected for No. 1 overall. Los Angeles Clippers first-round pick: Celtics receive this selection if the Clippers make the playoffs next season because it’s top-14 protected. If this pick doesn’t convey in 2019 or 2020 (top-14 protected both years) then Los Angeles will send its 2022 second-round pick to Boston. Memphis Grizzlies first-round pick: The Celtics receive this pick if it falls between Nos. 9 and 30. If it does not convey in 2019, the pick then becomes top-6 protected in 2020. If the selection doesn’t convey by 2020, it becomes an unprotected 2021 first-rounder going to Boston. Celtics first-round pick: Boston also has its own selection, which probably will be toward the end of Round 1. So, to recap, Celtics fans next season will be rooting for the Kings to struggle (but not too much so they don’t have the best chance at the top pick), the Clippers to make the playoffs and the Grizzlies to be one of the first few Western Conference teams to miss the postseason. Although, given the state of the Grizzlies franchise, it might be better for the C’s if that pick doesn’t convey until 2021 when it’s unprotected. Memphis is expected to begin rebuilding soon.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/heres-how-celtics-could-have-four-first-round-picks-in-2019-nba-d

Just watched the end of ESPN coverage tonight on NBA Draft.  The black guy(Paul Pierce?) bold prediction was Hawks take Trae Young at #3.

@WOR it’s time my friend.  Time for acceptance in the stages of grief.

Hawks are taking Trae Young.

6 minutes ago, jidady said:

https://nesn.com/2018/05/heres-how-celtics-could-have-four-first-round-picks-in-2019-nba-draft/

"It’s not all bad news for Boston, though. Because the Lakers pick didn’t go to the Celtics, Boston now receives the more favorable of the Sacramento Kings’ or 76ers’ 2019 first-round picks, unless one is the No. 1 pick. The 76ers put top-pick protection on both of them.

This Kings pick isn’t the only first-round draft choice the Celtics could own in 2019. They actually could have four (!) of them.

Here’s how that scenario could become reality:

Kings or 76ers first-round pick: Celtics receive the more favorable pick, protected for No. 1 overall.

Los Angeles Clippers first-round pick: Celtics receive this selection if the Clippers make the playoffs next season because it’s top-14 protected. If this pick doesn’t convey in 2019 or 2020 (top-14 protected both years) then Los Angeles will send its 2022 second-round pick to Boston.

Memphis Grizzlies first-round pick: The Celtics receive this pick if it falls between Nos. 9 and 30. If it does not convey in 2019, the pick then becomes top-6 protected in 2020. If the selection doesn’t convey by 2020, it becomes an unprotected 2021 first-rounder going to Boston.

Celtics first-round pick: Boston also has its own selection, which probably will be toward the end of Round 1.

Who did they con to get all these deals? They could have 2, 10-14, 15-20. In a world the Celtics could win the finals and then have 2, 10, and 15. 

1 hour ago, WOR said:

They don't really need one that badly. They certainly wouldn't give up Jaylen Brown for one, who is becoming a really good two-way player.

1 hour ago, WOR said:

I just still don't see what we're trading down for. I think it's 110% certain that Schlenk has a better handle on the future than any of us, but man. Maybe I'm just devaluing next years picks, but really on the magics pick would be one I wanted. 

I don't see the griz being bad with Conley back, gasol, and Doncic. 

Mavs look like they wanna try and compete for a playoff spot. 

If you go past 6 you're looking at falling into the next tier of guys. 

Nobody has good young talent. I'm not trying to trade back for anything less than a potential top 5 pick. I'm just having a hard time squaring all of this. Why would you do any of this? 

Unless another team is offering the moon. I'm not trading Luka, sorry. Next year's draft is not very impressive anyways. They should take Luka and hang up the phone.

43 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Just watched the end of ESPN coverage tonight on NBA Draft.  The black guy(Paul Pierce?) bold prediction was Hawks take Trae Young at #3.

@WOR it’s time my friend.  Time for acceptance in the stages of grief.

Hawks are taking Trae Young.

Not at 3 we aren't. 

10 hours ago, WOR said:

I'm really falling off the Sexton bandwagon. I think the Eric Bledsoe comps are spot on. 

I don't want another non-facilItating PG. 

I was surprised by his opinion and am not advocating for Sexton over Trae at this point but his reasons were interesting. 

1. Bettter ball handling skills. 

2. A little taller a bit more physical 

3. Very active defensive player. 

4. Better around the basket. More aggressive around the rim. 

5. Naturally more aggressive player in all facets from beginning to end. 

6.  Says his shooting will greatly improve as he pointed to his good free throw shooting as a barometer. 

7. Funny thing is, he didn’t mention passing the ball at all lol. 

Like I said go figure. These guys have run out of things to talk about as far as projections go. Time will tell.