Xfactor

It's About To Get Ugly

234 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Xfactor said:

It is Ledbetter but anything involving TO and a front office can't be good.

But he also knows anything involving TO and a front office is going to get viewers.

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

Remember:  The very first home game ever played in Atlanta,  the mascot bird flew right out of Atl-Fulco and no one ever saw him again.   lol 

:lol:

26 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

PTI just reported on this and Tony claims Julio is going to get traded. DLed really starting sh*t!!!!

If we trade him it better be for Odell Beckham straight up or Mike Evans.

putnam6 likes this

I can see the FO being upset, but not uneasy.  They have all the leverage with a three year contract.  Sure, Julio could skip paychecks until week 10 for the next three years and become a FA... and try to cash in as a 32 year old wide receiver who has made a name as a problem child...or he could accept whatever fairly renegotiated contract terms the FO deems is right for the situation (likely the same basic numbers with a little raise via signing bonus and possibly performance guarantees) and we'll see him on the field at Training Camp...

ltstorm2 likes this

:lol: @ anyone that is worried.

Move on with your lives and don't let fear mongers get their clicks from you.

As another poster said: Conjecture, at best.

Enjoy the offseason. Can't wait to see the improved Julio post-TO offseason workout plan.:slick:

Flying Falcon likes this

9 hours ago, Peyton said:

The Falcons knew Julio wanted more money months ago.  I kind of think if they were going to pay him they would have done it already.  I don't think Julio's strategy is going to pay off here.  I do think Julio will be back to work though.

Or, you know,  Julio came to them after the Watkins signing and said, if that #$%^ is making that much money, I deserve more. And they said, You're right, that isn't fair, but we have to sign Ryan and the draft picks. They told Julio that when the dust settled and they saw exactly how much money they had to work with, they'd guarantee some money & throw another mil or two on the pile. Julio said, thanks, going to miss the OTAs just to make the point. And they said, Bummer, see you in a month and Julio said, Yep, I'll be there.

You assume that the Falcons are as annoyed by this as you are, but that's strictly an assumption on your part. 

mtldirtybird and Vandy like this

Julio has ZERO leverage. He will be back with the team soon. I think this year's hold out is just a pre-cursor for next year, though. He'll put more pressure on then. Now? Well, unless he's willing to sit out for 3 years of his prime, he's SOL.

Falconcheff and ltstorm2 like this

No matter what happens, I want Julio here THIS year, because we know what's waiting for us. After that though, all bets are off.

With TD's ego, I think TD would lean more toward what Belicick did with Jamie Collins and trade Julio to Buffalo or some team on the west coast where we wouldn't deal with him.

8 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Julio has ZERO leverage. He will be back with the team soon. I think this year's hold out is just a pre-cursor for next year, though. He'll put more pressure on then. Now? Well, unless he's willing to sit out for 3 years of his prime, he's SOL.

Yeah, the more I thought about it, the more I'd like them to just tell his agent, "We're NOT going to do anything this year.  He has three years remaining on the contract he signed two years ago that made him the highest paid WR in the league.  We have other players to consider.  Tell your client to come to work; we'll forget about the fines for missing mandatory minicamp, but we WILL fine him for missing OTA's or Training Camp."

I want Julio back.....but not with a negative attitude towards his teams success. So I hope they work out something mutually beneficial  and he's happy, if not, then I hope he doesn't come back at all. If they don't budge, and I completely understand not wanting to set a precedence for other players, then I really don't see him  giving the game his all. Either way, I'm sure as heck not going to lose any sleep over it either way. 

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Anyone that believes DLed has "inside" information is guillable. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Original 

:lol::ninja:

Falconsfan567 likes this

Posted (edited)

Always liked TO as a player, never respected him on how he carried himself.

I respected Julio but maybe that’s changing. Hopefully, he shows up for game 1 ready to ball out. But football is a TIMING sport.

And the fact fact still remains...

Julio NoEndzone Jones. 

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

9 hours ago, falconidae said:

Or, you know,  Julio came to them after the Watkins signing and said, if that #$%^ is making that much money, I deserve more. And they said, You're right, that isn't fair, but we have to sign Ryan and the draft picks. They told Julio that when the dust settled and they saw exactly how much money they had to work with, they'd guarantee some money & throw another mil or two on the pile. Julio said, thanks, going to miss the OTAs just to make the point. And they said, Bummer, see you in a month and Julio said, Yep, I'll be there.

You assume that the Falcons are as annoyed by this as you are, but that's strictly an assumption on your part. 

You are assuming that I am annoyed by this, but that is strictly an assumption on your part. All of this is entertainment for me.

JayOzOne likes this

T.O of all people to be around in the off season good lord julio you are better than that

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

You are assuming that I am annoyed by this, but that is strictly an assumption on your part. All of this is entertainment for me.

Fine, as annoyed as you're presenting yourself to be.

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Fine, as annoyed as you're presenting yourself to be.

I'm not sure where you are getting that.  I am active on this board because work is slow and I am bored. The Falcons haven't given us much info on anything this offseason so Julio is the hot topic of conversation.

I am also a big fan of the Falcons but I view the activity of football as entertainment....because that is what it is.

I think Julio is making a bad business move and a bad move for the team, but I also said the other day that if this thing blows up, at least that in itself will be entertaining to watch. At least one person was not amused that I said it, but I meant it.

I realize that this thing with Julio has a lot of people irritable, I've been called a lot of names in the last week.  But I'm not one of them. There are real problems in life and Julio making bad decisions isn't one of them for me.

36 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I'm not sure where you are getting that.  I am active on this board because work is slow and I am bored. The Falcons haven't given us much info on anything this offseason so Julio is the hot topic of conversation.

I am also a big fan of the Falcons but I view the activity of football as entertainment....because that is what it is.

I think Julio is making a bad business move and a bad move for the team, but I also said the other day that if this thing blows up, at least that in itself will be entertaining to watch. At least one person was not amused that I said it, but I meant it.

I realize that this thing with Julio has a lot of people irritable, I've been called a lot of names in the last week.  But I'm not one of them. There are real problems in life and Julio making bad decisions isn't one of them for me.

You'll note I haven't called you names.  

And, my point stands, you may not have meant to, but you certainly came across as really upset about Julio. 

17 hours ago, octoslash said:

Watch the front office cave and unload a dumptruck of money on him, and his foot goes to pieces the first snap of the season.   You know...Falcon Lucked.

Kind of similar to Jamal Anderson in 1999.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

You'll note I haven't called you names.  

And, my point stands, you may not have meant to, but you certainly came across as really upset about Julio. 

I don't think so.  To be honest, I think the Julio defenders on this board have been hyper defensive to criticism of him.  They seem to be the most upset of all. That's why all the name calling.

And yes, I didn't mean you.

Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan likes this

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Julio Jones is a diva that the Falcons need to get rid of but let's replace him with an actual diva? LMAO!!

OBJ is younger, cheaper, and is not allergic to catching TDs. He would be a better fit for us considering we have GJ VB, and TC coming up for contracts. So if Julio wants to be the best paid WR he can do that in NY. 

10 minutes ago, osiruz said:

OBJ is younger, cheaper, and is not allergic to catching TDs. He would be a better fit for us considering we have GJ VB, and TC coming up for contracts. So if Julio wants to be the best paid WR he can do that in NY. 

OBJ is in the last year of his own contract so they'd have to give him the monster deal they don't want to give Julio if they were going to keep him.

7 minutes ago, Peyton said:

OBJ is in the last year of his own contract so they'd have to give him the monster deal they don't want to give Julio if they were going to keep him.

OBJ, I believe, is wanting north of $20 mil/year. I think he wants to be paid like a QB.