atljbo

The rookies who impressed during mini camp

18 posts in this topic

https://929thegame.radio.com/articles/cb-oliver-most-impressive-rookie-falcons-mini-camp

Its a good listen... I see why coach said he could see up to 10 rookies contributing and really like this rookie class....

Anthony Winbush is a guy to keep our eye on... We have 2 main speed rushers but i think we need another guy in the rotation.. He or JT Jones have that spot to compete for

10 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Oliver balling and threatening to be a starter by first game of season?!! What an unexpected bonus! This looks to be another huge draft class for the Falcons. FO be stacking freaking future stars up like cord wood. :slick:

I thought we would take Oliver in the first round if a DT wasnt there.... Dude has some cleaning up to do but he is a stud... I have no doubt with good tech... He will shine in this scheme

15 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Oliver balling and threatening to be a starter by first game of season?!! What an unexpected bonus! This looks to be another huge draft class for the Falcons. FO be stacking freaking future stars up like cord wood. :slick:

Not sure if it was unexpected.  They were ranting and raving about the guy when he got pick. Knock was they didnt know if he could play off or leave for the Olympics 

gazoo and PokerSteve like this

52 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Getting them both picking at 26 and not having to move up is amazing. Front office did a great job. All the potential is there.

Of course it is the connection of TMQ and TD is real and working very well keep up the good work.

3 hours ago, red falcon said:

Not sure if it was unexpected.  They were ranting and raving about the guy when he got pick. Knock was they didnt know if he could play off or leave for the Olympics 

Can he do both?

See this is what Ive mentioned in a few threads when people are worried about these up incoming contracts if you continue to draft well this becomes less of an issue and with news they have 10 possible rookies that will be pushing for roster spots,that puts us in a scarey good depth and roster situation.

Coaching staff led by DQ have preached competition from the jump and this leads to excellence everyone has to bring there A game to make this team.I for one am loving what I'm seeing and reading coming out of this off season.

3 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Can he do both?

I think hes built for press man trail technique. Some of the videos i watched said he takes time to build up speed. So probably would have to work on his reads. Info sounds promising though specifically the reports from camp.

Edited by red falcon
Vandy and Tim Mazetti like this

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

I think hes built for press man trail technique. Some of the videos i watched said he takes time to build up speed. So probably would have to work on his reads. Info sounds promising though specifically the reports from camp.

I mean could an NFL atheletic also perform in the olympics. Given that they qualify?

6 hours ago, red falcon said:

I think we play a LOT more man coverage this year with him at RC. I think he is a piece that changes our defense in a big way. We can now dictate and impose our will in most situations.

It’s why we took the chance on Collins who helped is bigtime his rookie season in the playoffs when Trufant went down. DQ has always desired size and length at outside CB for his scheme.

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I think we play a LOT more man coverage this year with him at RC. I think he is a piece that changes our defense in a big way. We can now dictate and impose our will in most situations.

It’s why we took the chance on Collins who helped is bigtime his rookie season in the playoffs when Trufant went down.

I know for a fact we are stacking the box and sending blitzes way more than we have in the past! We will have a top 5 defense this year and for years to come, bank on it!

6 minutes ago, tonatl07 said:

I know for a fact we are stacking the box and sending blitzes way more than we have in the past! We will have a top 5 defense this year and for years to come, bank on it!

Having bigger, taller CBs with long arms on the edges makes it much harder to find a quick throwing window to a receiver if heat is coming and he’s got to get the ball out quick and over a CB in first 5-15 yards.  Campbell will be there on the blitz before QB has a place to throw the ball!  

It seems like such a little thing but it’s huge in DQs scheme. Elliot absolutely changes this defense, we now Impose far more than we react. Imposing our will was what was missing last year......but just watch!

9 hours ago, tonatl07 said:

Or, even better, they get consistent pressure with Takk, Bease and Grady and don't need to blitz to get the QB down.

Tim Mazetti likes this