ya_boi_j

Julio working out in the dunes

289 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, Flying Falcon said:

No, this is what I normally do on here when talking to posters who don't understand how the business works: >>>>> :slick:

Like I said, the facts are:

1. Julio will get whatever he's asking for.

2. We still don't know what he's asking for.

3. Julio will get whatever he's asking for and you, Itstorm, will be in the Benz cheering for him before, when, and after he scores his first TD. And all will be forgiven and forgotten.

Yikes.  You certainly don't understand how business works.  Here,  1.You go to your job tomorrow and tell them that you're not going to work unless you get a raise.  Then let me know how that works out for you.

2. We don't know what he's asking for and I really don't care.  He got what he asked for when he signed his contract and it doesn't matter if you and I know what he's asking for or not.

3.  You repeated your first "fact" which certainly are not facts, twice, unless you're a believer in alternative facts.  Don't be surprised to find out that nothing happens and Julio comes to camp because it's bad "business" to show not just your own players but players around the league that they can bend you over at will regarding their contracts.  

4.  What incentive do the Falcons have to pay Jones more money?  If Julio is still playing like the best receiver in the league, then pay him like he's the best receiver in the league when its time to negotiate a new contract.  I'm all about Jones getting more money but not at the detriment to the team.

Tim Mazetti and tactician like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

Yikes.  You certainly don't understand how business works.  Here,  1.You go to your job tomorrow and tell them that you're not going to work unless you get a raise.  Then let me know how that works out for you.

2. We don't know what he's asking for and I really don't care.  He got what he asked for when he signed his contract and it doesn't matter if you and I know what he's asking for or not.

3.  You repeated your first "fact" which certainly are not facts, twice, unless you're a believer in alternative facts.  Don't be surprised to find out that nothing happens and Julio comes to camp because it's bad "business" to show not just your own players but players around the league that they can bend you over at will regarding their contracts.  

4.  What incentive do the Falcons have to pay Jones more money?  If Julio is still playing like the best receiver in the league, then pay him like he's the best receiver in the league when its time to negotiate a new contract.  I'm all about Jones getting more money but not at the detriment to the team.

Why are there so many who want to cave in to Julio and his representatives? He wanted a top of the market long term deal, with the bulk of the guaranteed money upfront, and he got it. That's how it goes. He could of done a shorter deal and re-upped sooner, but in football that's very risky due to injuries. You don't get to have your cake and eat it to. Sorry, let him pound sand. He will have the opportunity to ask for an extension come spring/summer of 2020.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tactician said:

Why are there so many who want to cave in to Julio and his representatives? He wanted a top of the market long term deal, with the bulk of the guaranteed money upfront, and he got it. That's how it goes. He could of done a shorter deal and re-upped sooner, but in football that's very risky due to injuries. You don't get to have your cake and eat it to. Sorry, let him pound sand. He will have the opportunity to ask for an extension come spring/summer of 2020.

Tell that Kirk Cousins and Jimmy G there certainly having there cake and eating it too.

Tell it to the 3 or 4 bums that couldn't hold Julio's jockstrap getting paid.

Why are folks here defending the empire that generates billions.

Julio deserves what he deserves sure he has a piece of paper that says he's owed this but its funny when the shoes on the owner's foot they don't lose when they throw there toys and make the rules while watching the money roll in and now Julio's a problem because he's at the top of his profession and wants an upgrade.

Cmon man he hasn't got his hands in your pocket and I don't quite understand why so many are up in arms over this.

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell that Kirk Cousins and Jimmy G there certainly having there cake and eating it too.

Tell it to the 3 or 4 bums that couldn't hold Julio's jockstrap getting paid.

Why are folks here defending the empire that generates billions.

Julio deserves what he deserves sure he has a piece of paper that says he's owed this but its funny when the shoes on the owner's foot they don't lose when they throw there toys and make the rules while watching the money roll in and now Julio's a problem because he's at the top of his profession and wants an upgrade.

Cmon man he hasn't got his hands in your pocket and I don't quite understand why so many are up in arms over this.

Kirk Cousins and Jimmy G did not have 3 years left on their deal. They were free agents. When you agree to a long term deal you take the risk of the market passing your contract by. Sorry, that's how it goes.

Tim Mazetti and ltstorm2 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tactician said:

Kirk Cousins and Jimmy G did not have 3 years left on their deal. They were free agents. When you agree to a long term deal you take the risk of the market passing your contract by. Sorry, that's how it goes.

Doesn't matter it's a clear example of 2 guys getting deals that there play says there not deserving of.I used it as an example.

Long term deal is there such a thing in the NFL like salaries the boundaries on this are changing all the time.

Again why are complaining about someone else's money?

AB is going to make squidillions regardless of Julio signing a deal or not.

As for the upcoming contracts and who we have to resign,if this draft is anything to go by  I think we are in good shape going foward on that front aswell.

Like I said no big deal in my eyes to keep the best player on our team happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Doesn't matter it's a clear example of 2 guys getting deals that there play says there not deserving of.I used it as an example.

Long term deal is there such a thing in the NFL like salaries the boundaries on this are changing all the time.

Again why are complaining about someone else's money?

AB is going to make squidillions regardless of Julio signing a deal or not.

As for the upcoming contracts and who we have to resign,if this draft is anything to go by  I think we are in good shape going foward on that front aswell.

Like I said no big deal in my eyes to keep the best player on our team happy.

Case Keenum is being paid $18M per by Broncos. And folks in here b!tching because Julio wants adjusted to market for top Wrers?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Case Keenum is being paid $18M per by Broncos. And folks in here b!tching because Julio wants adjusted to market for top Wrers?  

But this is exactly the point.  Julio doesn't deserve adjustment simply because other teams were stupid to pay other players not on his level.  Jones got top dollar when it was time for his extension. Fact.  Keenum was a free agent and he got paid, that's how it works.  What you guys are saying is that next year Keenum should hold out because another mid tier QB will get paid.  That is not how this thing works.  If Julio is still a top receiver when its really time for an extension then he should be paid like the top WR, at that point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ltstorm2 said:

But this is exactly the point.  Julio doesn't deserve adjustment simply because other teams were stupid to pay other players not on his level.  Jones got top dollar when it was time for his extension. Fact.  Keenum was a free agent and he got paid, that's how it works.  What you guys are saying is that next year Keenum should hold out because another mid tier QB will get paid.  That is not how this thing works.  If Julio is still a top receiver when its really time for an extension then he should be paid like the top WR, at that point.  

Say what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Lol

Top player money completely rots folks brains out in here, doesn’t it my man? See freeman, Tru, matt et al. Can’t wait until matthews and Beasley contracts come up....all the drama will be fun to see.

RING OF HONOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Top player money completely rots folks brains out in here man.  See freeman, Tru, matt et al. Can’t wait until matthews and Beasley contracts come up....all the drama will be fun to see.

And these would be the same people complaining about not having top players.. Go figure

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

And these would be the same people complaining about not having top players.. Go figure

You got that right ROH.....see last few pages of thread :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You got that right.....see last few pages of thread :rolleyes:

 

I couldn't get past page 5...thats too much for my brain to handle this morning...

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vandy said:

Say what?

I'm not sure what was hard to understand.  When inevitably this offseason when another backup QB gets more money than what Case Keenum got would you support him if he heldout?   This is essentially exactly what Julio is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Top player money completely rots folks brains out in here, doesn’t it my man? See freeman, Tru, matt et al. Can’t wait until matthews and Beasley contracts come up....all the drama will be fun to see.

You're making my point.  "Can't wait untill Matthews and Beasley contracts come up".   There would be no issue if Julio waited until his contract came up. If he's still playing like the #1 receiver in the league after 3 years then he'll get paid like the #1 receiver if not by us by someone else. He was the highest paid WR when he signed his deal.  We already gave him "Top player money".  I remember Freeman, Tru and Matt holding out midway through their contra........oh wait..... they didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Aaron Rodgers gets paid more than Matt Ryan, ya'll gonna be cool with Matty Ice holding out for more money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

I'm not sure what was hard to understand.  When inevitably this offseason when another backup QB gets more money than what Case Keenum got would you support him if he heldout?   This is essentially exactly what Julio is doing.

It wasn't hard to understand, it just wasn't a good point. It's apparent you have no idea "what Julio is doing" if that is truly what you believe.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

It wasn't hard to understand, it just wasn't a good point. It's apparent you have no idea "what Julio is doing" if that is truly what you believe.  

Nah, its an excellent point. You just can't comprehend it.   I know exactly what Julio is doing.  He's holding out.  Or was Julio out on the field and everyone is crazy saying he wasn't there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

When Aaron Rodgers gets paid more than Matt Ryan, ya'll gonna be cool with Matty Ice holding out for more money?

LOL....Aaron Rodgers is considered by most to be a better QB than Matt is. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

Nah, its an excellent point. You just can't comprehend it.   I know exactly what Julio is doing.  He's holding out.  Or was Julio out on the field and everyone is crazy saying he wasn't there?

LOL.....you just made my earlier point about this rotting out folks brains.....see what I mean @RING OF HONOR

RING OF HONOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

LOL....Aaron Rodgers is considered by most to be a better QB than Matt is. 

 

Ok, When Nick Foles gets paid more than Matt Ryan, are you going to be cool with Ryan holding out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now