ADAMSVILLE GYM

Julio “cashing in his chips”

44 posts in this topic

Don't believe we can make anything happen this season, perhaps next year but we're likely to lose a key player or 2..which brings me back to how much thought did Julio put into this? This all could have been worked out over the course of this year without the drama imo

5 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

2 years was a long time ago

Why sign a long deal then?  So what happens next, we will sign Falcons players to 3+ year deals, and then after a year or  two, they can just renege on it and get paid for more? 

Yall that are backing Julio reneging on his contract, are suggesting that M Ryan should do the same and any other player we sign with long term deals.  Every year we see the qbs are getting paid more and more, so why shouldn't M Ryan do the same **** thing in 2 years?  See where this is a problem?

3 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Why sign a long deal then?  So what happens next, we will sign Falcons players to 3+ year deals, and then after a year or  two, they can just renege on it and get paid for more? 

Yall that are backing Julio reneging on his contract, are suggesting that M Ryan should do the same and any other player we sign with long term deals.  Every year we see the qbs are getting paid more and more, so why shouldn't M Ryan do the same **** thing in 2 years?  See where this is a problem?

Did you not watch the video? This can't work with EVERYONE. You HAVE to be the BEST at your position, keep your nose clean, keep ALL your chips until the time is right. Is M. Ryan the best at his position?

TheFatboi likes this

3 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Did you not watch the video? This can't work with EVERYONE. You HAVE to be the BEST at your position, keep your nose clean, keep ALL your chips until the time is right. Is M. Ryan the best at his position?

As big a fan of Matt as I am, no.  He isn't, but his extension was timed right so that we were able to kill two birds with one stone.  1 to keep our franchise QB and 2 to free up some money to improve the team.  As far as Julio goes, he understands that Matthews and Jarrett are the next most pressing extensions and he just wants to get what he fairly deserves before all the money is gone.  Julio is the #1/1b receiver in the league, so is he due a raise, yes.  Could I (who also DESERVES a raise) do this at my regular job?  Not a chance.  My boss would laugh me out of the office.

Slappywhite likes this

13 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

2 years was a long time ago

All high skill players should just get as much money as they can every year. Why even have contracts? Every year just wait for another player to get paid more then you and then demand more money.

10 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Only in the way Carr is when speaking with Raiders fans

True that  

i just can't believe we are being discussed on national programs in the offseason. 

Knight of God likes this

Posted (edited)

I think it was a really good segment about Julio.  I think anyone who thinks Matt Ryan getting 150 million dollar extension didn't have anything to do with this is not looking at the facts.  Like they said in the segment, Matt Ryan is not the best QB in the NFL and he is paid like it.  Julio is one of the best 2 WRs in the NFL and he is not paid like it.  People keep talking about precedence and how teams don't like to set it.  AGAIN, who is the first QB to get 300+ million dollars worth of NFL contracts?  Matt Ryan unless I'm missing somebody.  Nobody talks about that, but people want to talk about re-doing a deal too early for Julio when we all know he is a "bargain" for the Falcons.  Atlanta is getting the best end of the deal and Matt is treated like a "King" when it comes to his money.  Both are equally important to this team. 

Edited by isproab
mfaulk57158 likes this

If Julio has 25% of people saying he is in the right, or if he has 35% of people saying he is in the right, or 55% or 85%, the Falcons still don't have to do anything.  Julio isn't going to retire and that is his only move here.

The Falcons might help him save face though.  We'll see.

6 minutes ago, Peyton said:

If Julio has 25% of people saying he is in the right, or if he has 35% of people saying he is in the right, or 55% or 85%, the Falcons still don't have to do anything.  Julio isn't going to retire and that is his only move here.

The Falcons might help him save face though.  We'll see.

They'll pay the man, just a matter of how much for how long, I'm sure.

TheFatboi and Knight of God like this