Slappywhite

TO not attending HOF reason

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just heard   this on 92.9 . Seems TO is skipping the HOF ceromony because neither of his former  teams , will pay for his after party celabration . , TO has said he'll announce plans later for the ceremony , I'd say bring your 4.99 for your CICis . Get away from Julio , last person in the world Julio needs influencing by. 

Edited by Slappywhite

14 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Just heard   this on 92.9 . Seems TO is skipping the HOF ceromony because neither of his former  teams , will pay for his after party celabration . , TO has said he'll announce plans later for the ceremony , I'd say bring your 4.99 for your CICis . Get away from Julio , last person in the world Julio needs influencing by. 

ironically this never happened until this year when he was hanging with TO

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

ironically this never happened until this year when he was hanging with TO

I want Julio back , I want him payed like he should be , I want him in a Falcons uniform till his last game and we can celebrate him as he goes into the ROH and later as a Falcon in the HOF , he's the greatest player ever of this franchise . I hope he's not being influenced by that egomaniac .

caponine likes this

26 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

He could make a coherent acceptance speech anyway.

Slappywhite likes this

Just now, Tim Mazetti said:

He could make a coherent acceptance speech anyway.

I honestly believe he doesnt want to share a stage with anybody , in fact there should be a National T, O day 

9 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

I honestly believe he doesnt want to share a stage with anybody , in fact there should be a National T, O day 

Really? You think he is THAT socially and developmentally ********?

Slappywhite likes this

Just now, Tim Mazetti said:

Really? You think he is THAT socially and developmentally ********?

absolutely he's a legend but even moreso in his mind 

Tim Mazetti likes this

Well, if Julio is influenced by T.O., then it's a good thing. T.O. didn't make the best decisions with his money, and no. I do not want to hear any of the average Joe's on here talking about they could have done better with less. Football is a business. If you're making them money, you have the right to ask for a raise.

Slappywhite likes this

5 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

I want Julio back , I want him payed like he should be , I want him in a Falcons uniform till his last game and we can celebrate him as he goes into the ROH and later as a Falcon in the HOF , he's the greatest player ever of this franchise . I hope he's not being influenced by that egomaniac .

He's not the greatest player this team had ever had. Harry Douglas took his place very well when gimpy Julio went down.  The falcons are in a position to be able to make it without Julio. 

Slappywhite likes this

5 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

He is being paid as he should be. The market dictates that and it just so happens that the market reset 2 years after he signed his contract. He was the highest paid WR at the time, as it should've been. Not he needs to honor that contract or at most restructure. But it is not my business nor my money. Just giving my opinion. 

Greatest player ever is way off...that would be Deion and then Ryan and then Gonzo, then maybe Vick and then JJ/Roddy/Turner/Abe/some older players.

All of this is opinion not fact except for Deion as he is recognized as the greatest EVER at his position and already a 1st ballot HOFer. Julio won't be 1st ballot or even 3rd ballot if he ever makes it. It will take a lot more from Julio.

Slappywhite likes this

40 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

He is being paid as he should be. The market dictates that and it just so happens that the market reset 2 years after he signed his contract. He was the highest paid WR at the time, as it should've been. Not he needs to honor that contract or at most restructure. But it is not my business nor my money. Just giving my opinion. 

Greatest player ever is way off...that would be Deion and then Ryan and then Gonzo, then maybe Vick and then JJ/Roddy/Turner/Abe/some older players.

All of this is opinion not fact except for Deion as he is recognized as the greatest EVER at his position and already a 1st ballot HOFer. Julio won't be 1st ballot or even 3rd ballot if he ever makes it. It will take a lot more from Julio.

Whoa , I agreed till the HOF part , Julio will go 1st ballot.  Players Ive seen who were great Falcons were Matt,  Van Note , Kenn, Humphries Tuggle , Deion the 4 years he was here , Roddy ,and Andrews ,  just my humble opinion but Gonzo , Turner,  Abe were great but werent here long enough to be grouped with the guys I mentioned , but thx for your input . 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Well, if Julio is influenced by T.O., then it's a good thing. T.O. didn't make the best decisions with his money, and no. I do not want to hear any of the average Joe's on here talking about they could have done better with less. Football is a business. If you're making them money, you have the right to ask for a raise.

I cant agree about best decisions with his money , this is him on MTVs challenge , judge for yourself . He quit the show , 

Edited by Slappywhite

Just now, Slappywhite said:

Whoa , I agreed till the HOF part , Julio will go 1st ballot.  Players Ive seen who were great Falcons were Matt,  Van Note , Kenn, Humphries Tuggle , Deion the 4 years he was here , Roddy ,and Andrews ,  just my humble opinion but Gonzo , Turner,  Abe were great but werent here long enough to be grouped with the guys I mentioned , but thx for your input . 

Julio isn't 1st ballot, nor anywhere clise in my opinion. The stats doesn't support it. Is he great for the era? Absolutely. Does he have the stats to compete with other greats? Only Falcons related stats and a few NFL stats. But is he better than Marvin Harrison prime, Randy Moss prime, TO prime, other multi ballot HOFers? Heck no!!

Julio has a bad case of dropsies at the wrong time (multiple game winning TD drops in his mid-career) and injury prone.

What significant stat or moment gets him in HOF in your eyes?

Iron Saint likes this

1 hour ago, nomak said:

He's not the greatest player this team had ever had. Harry Douglas took his place very well when gimpy Julio went down.  The falcons are in a position to be able to make it without Julio. 

Maybe , but would be much easier with him , as far as the ultimate goal goes . 

3 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

Julio isn't 1st ballot, nor anywhere clise in my opinion. The stats doesn't support it. Is he great for the era? Absolutely. Does he have the stats to compete with other greats? Only Falcons related stats and a few NFL stats. But is he better than Marvin Harrison prime, Randy Moss prime, TO prime, other multi ballot HOFers? Heck no!!

Julio has a bad case of dropsies at the wrong time (multiple game winning TD drops in his mid-career) and injury prone.

He's 29 and these are his stats already , the TDs are a lil sad but the catches and yards are elite 

Year Team G Rush Yds Yd/Rush TDs Rec Yds Yd/Rec TDs
2011 Atl 13 6 56 9.3 0 54 959 17.8 8
2012 Atl 16 6 30 5.0 0 79 1198 15.2 10
2013 Atl 5 1 7 7.0 0 41 580 14.1 2
2014 Atl 15 1 1 1.0 0 104 1593 15.3 6
2015 Atl 16 0 0 - 0 136 1871 13.8 8
2016 Atl 14 0 0 - 0 83 1409 17.0 6
2017 Atl 16 1 15 15.0 0 88 1444 16.4 3
Totals 95 15 109 7.3 0 585 9054 15.5 43

jerry Rice after 7 years , biggest difference is the TDs 

1991 San Francisco 49ers 16 80 1,206 15.1 75.4 73T 14 14 7 54 0

1990 San Francisco 49ers 16 100 1,502 15.0 93.9 64T 13 -- -- -- --

1989 San Francisco 49ers 16 82 1,483 18.1 92.7 68T 17 -- -- -- --

1988 San Francisco 49ers 16 64 1,306 20.4 81.6 96T 9 -- -- -- --

1987 San Francisco 49ers 12 65 1,078 16.6 89.8 57T 22 -- -- -- --

1986 San Francisco 49ers 16 86 1,570 18.3 98.1 66T 15 -- -- -- --

1985 San Francisco 49ers 16 49 927 18.9 57.9 66T 3 -- -- -- --

12 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

He currently leads all NFL receivers in history in yards per game. He's second all time for receiving yards in a season. His multiple 250+ yard games put him into an ultra elite tier. 

I mean...... he's a freak dude and he's put up freakish numbers for years. Don't let your emotions get in front of facts. 

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

He currently leads all NFL receivers in history in yards per game. He's second all time for receiving yards in a season. His multiple 250+ yard games put him into an ultra elite tier. 

I mean...... he's a freak dude and he's put up freakish numbers for years. Don't let your emotions get in front of facts. 

Absolutely !!

7 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

jerry Rice after 7 years , biggest difference is the TDs 

1991 San Francisco 49ers 16 80 1,206 15.1 75.4 73T 14 14 7 54 0

1990 San Francisco 49ers 16 100 1,502 15.0 93.9 64T 13 -- -- -- --

1989 San Francisco 49ers 16 82 1,483 18.1 92.7 68T 17 -- -- -- --

1988 San Francisco 49ers 16 64 1,306 20.4 81.6 96T 9 -- -- -- --

1987 San Francisco 49ers 12 65 1,078 16.6 89.8 57T 22 -- -- -- --

1986 San Francisco 49ers 16 86 1,570 18.3 98.1 66T 15 -- -- -- --

1985 San Francisco 49ers 16 49 927 18.9 57.9 66T 3 -- -- -- --

Different era, different schemes, different offensive philosophies, different rules catered to defense back then and offense now. Still no comparison, not even close. Not to mention consistency. Julio drops keys passes all the time. Jerry Rice is the epitome of all-time great in ANY sport. NOT! EVEN! CLOSE!

Slappywhite likes this

4 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

Different era, different schemes, different offensive philosophies, different rules catered to defense back then and offense now. Still no comparison, not even close. Not to mention consistency. Julio drops keys passes all the time. Jerry Rice is the epitome of all-time great in ANY sport. NOT! EVEN! CLOSE!

Rice is he greatest , cant argue that , and defenses got away with more in Rice's era , but Julios ahead in everything but TDs , really hope he gets at least 10 this year . 

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

He currently leads all NFL receivers in history in yards per game (injury prone career probably will limit the longevity of his career and fall short of other receivers' yards). He's second all time for receiving yards in a season (if you ain't first, you're last). His multiple 250+ yard games put him into an ultra elite tier. (Is this a career defining stat that is HOF worthy? I doubt it)

I mean...... he's a freak dude and he's put up freakish numbers for years. Don't let your emotions get in front of facts. (He put freakish numbers 1 year, the rest were great years but what is expected of a #1 receiver in a pass happy league, where rules are established to benefit the offense/receiver, on a team where the QB STARES you down looking for you and not really completing progressions.)

See response in parenthesis.

Edited by The Peregrine

24 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

He's 29 and these are his stats already , the TDs are a lil sad but the catches and yards are elite 

Year Team G Rush Yds Yd/Rush TDs Rec Yds Yd/Rec TDs
2011 Atl 13 6 56 9.3 0 54 959 17.8 8
2012 Atl 16 6 30 5.0 0 79 1198 15.2 10
2013 Atl 5 1 7 7.0 0 41 580 14.1 2
2014 Atl 15 1 1 1.0 0 104 1593 15.3 6
2015 Atl 16 0 0 - 0 136 1871 13.8 8
2016 Atl 14 0 0 - 0 83 1409 17.0 6
2017 Atl 16 1 15 15.0 0 88 1444 16.4 3
Totals 95 15 109 7.3 0 585 9054 15.5 43

I think he has 3 more good years left. An injury to the foot every other year with multiple surgeries and screws on his body frame, playing as physical as he plays...not much gas in the tank in a few years IMO. Not quote HOF numbers to me.

nomak and Slappywhite like this

Just now, The Peregrine said:

I think he has 3 more good years left. An injury to the foot every other year with multiple surgeries and screws on his body frame, playing as physical as he plays...not much gas in the tank in a few years IMO. Not quote HOF numbers to me.

You MAY ne right and certainly entitled to your opinion , I think when he gets back , he has one of his best years ever 

6 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Rice is he greatest , cant argue that , and defenses got away with more in Rice's era , but Julios ahead in everything but TDs , really hope he gets at least 10 this year . 

Not ahead in yards. Not ahead in years, not ahead in consistency...ahead in drops. Different passing philosophies. Of course there are gonna be more opportunities for catches and yards i  todays era and rice still averages similar yards annually. Also, 49ers spreaded the ball more than Falcons.

Slappywhite likes this