Unkn0wn

Mets @ Braves

200 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Black Francis said:

I want more. 

I do too. But 81-81 is a successful season given what the realistic expectations were coming into the season.

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

I get what your saying but The expectations have moved for me. 

The “experts” are lazy anyway. They didn’t know this team before the season started. 

Expectations don't change in season. If that were the case then no team would ever meet expectations.

38 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I do too. But 81-81 is a successful season given what the realistic expectations were coming into the season.

Man Fuk that. These young men have grabbed their big a$$ balls and are saying F U. They won’t be happy with that record. 

4 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Man Fuk that. These young men have grabbed their big a$$ balls and are saying F U. They won’t be happy with that record. 

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. There's a difference between being happy with a season and a season being a success based on realistic February expectations. 81-81 would be a successful season because it would beat realistic February expectations. That's why I personally would be happy with it. Would it suck to finish only 81-81 when they're currently 11 games over on June 13th? Absolutely and I couldn't blame anyone for being unhappy about it if that were to happen, especially the players. But I would adamantly argue against anyone that would consider 81-81 to be a failure, regardless of how the Braves ended up there. That sir, is what I'm saying.

46 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Expectations don't change in season. If that were the case then no team would ever meet expectations.

I get what you’re saying but...who’s expectations?  Writers? Pundits? Fans? None of those matter. They play the games for a reason. We’re not 30 games into this season. It may go that way. True. I know that but the players don’t. 

9 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Just need to take care of business vs the Padres, Blue Jays, Orioles, and Reds before we get ahead of ourselves. 

But I'm with you. At the beginning of the year I would have been thrilled with 81-81, but after seeing what we have up to now, I would at least like 85 wins. 

Honestly I don't care it we lose the division, I would be happy just making the playoffs, even as a wild card

51 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Just need to take care of business vs the Padres, Blue Jays, Orioles, and Reds before we get ahead of ourselves. 

But I'm with you. At the beginning of the year I would have been thrilled with 81-81, but after seeing what we have up to now, I would at least like 85 wins. 

Honestly I don't care it we lose the division, I would be happy just making the playoffs, even as a wild card

I’m in playoff mode. Heck contention mode. Not fading down the stretch mode because they’re young.  The whole team is not young. This is working now. Why wait? Wait for what? 

tl;dr likes this

29 minutes ago, jidady said:

BTW, Soroka gave a staggering amount of credit to Anibal Sanchez for his success today. That's the value of having veteran leadership in the rotation.

I've been saying that too!! All the pitchers this year have benefited from Sanchez a great deal.

Sanchez is teaching the guys how to pitch and not throw. He said everybody including Julio comes to him to ask about situations and how he would handle them.

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's just a silly response. Expectations change as the season progresses or else you wouldn't have teams like the Twins last year make additions during the season.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Sanchez is teaching the guys how to pitch and not throw. He said everybody including Julio comes to him to ask about situations and how he would handle them.

Can’t believe Julio would have to do that after all these years. Is coaching in MLB prohibited? That’s an indictment on the past two coaching staffs imo. 

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Can’t believe Julio would have to do that after all these years. Is coaching in MLB prohibited? That’s an indictment on the past two coaching staffs imo. 

Julio might just have a good connection and understanding with Sanchez. He's a veteran that's done a lot in his career. I'd be asking him stuff too.

Black Francis likes this

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

That's just a silly response. Expectations change as the season progresses or else you wouldn't have teams like the Twins last year make additions during the season.

I'm not talking about the the team and players expecations. I'm talking about fan/media expectations. Every single team and player thinks they're all going to win the World Series in February otherwise playing the games would be totally point less. No team or player goes into the season wanting to lose 90 games and doing their best to make sure it happens. Marlins, for example, yeah, the players and team have to think they're just as capable of winning in 2018 as the Yankees, but the fans/media know that's total BS.

You're one of the folks I'm specifically talking about. If the Braves were to crash and finish at 81-81 you'd be bitching and moaning and crying about the season being a failure blah, blah, blah, because they're currently 11 games over .500 and didn't hang onto that position when the Braves were never supposed to be 11 games over .500 at any point in 2018 let along multiple times over the course of the season. That is what I mean. Expectations for fans/media can't change during the season or no team would ever succeed expectations. Braves are vastly exceeding expectations and REGARDLESS of how the rest of the season plays out the 2018 season has to be deemed a success for the future progress of the franchise moving forward.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not talking about the the team and players expecations. I'm talking about fan/media expectations. Every single team and player thinks they're all going to win the World Series in February otherwise playing the games would be totally point less. No team or player goes into the season wanting to lose 90 games and doing their best to make sure it happens. Marlins, for example, yeah, the players and team have to think they're just as capable of winning in 2018 as the Yankees, but the fans/media know that's total BS.

You're one of the folks I'm specifically talking about. If the Braves were to crash and finish at 81-81 you'd be bitching and moaning and crying about the season being a failure blah, blah, blah, because they're currently 11 games over .500 and didn't hang onto that position when the Braves were never supposed to be 11 games over .500 at any point in 2018 let along multiple times over the course of the season. That is what I mean. Expectations for fans/media can't change during the season or no team would ever succeed expectations. Braves are vastly exceeding expectations and REGARDLESS of how the rest of the season plays out the 2018 season has to be deemed a success for the future progress of the franchise moving forward.

You're **** right I'd be bitching because they would have regressed so in that theory it's a MASSIVE FAILURE. They are nearly halfway through the season not the 1st month.

Fans like me hold the team accountable because it's fans like you that allow owners like Loria to do what he did so often. 

It's amazing how ok Atlanta sports fans are with mediocrity, it's like some of you have battered spouse syndrome. 

GTFO of here saying you would be fine with 10 under the rest of the way. You're in these game threads bitching just like the people you think you're better than. Give me a break.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

You're **** right I'd be bitching because they would have regressed so in that theory it's a MASSIVE FAILURE. They are nearly halfway through the season not the 1st month.

Fans like me hold the team accountable because it's fans like you that allow owners like Loria to do what he did so often. 

It's amazing how ok Atlanta sports fans are with mediocrity, it's like some of you have battered spouse syndrome. 

GTFO of here saying you would be fine with 10 under the rest of the way. You're in these game threads bitching just like the people you think you're better than. Give me a break.

Last time I checked fans bitching and moaning on a message board had 100 percent no effect on what actually happens on the field. But if you want to believe that then be my guest.

K26dp likes this

Posted (edited)

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Last time I checked fans bitching and moaning on a message board had 100 percent no effect on what actually happens on the field. But if you want to believe that then be my guest.

Do you think they buy tickets? 

No, they don't. Also way to avoid everything else I said. If your expectations of this team wasn't higher you wouldn't be in these game threads pissing and moaning like the rest of us.

Edited by Malachore

2 hours ago, Black Francis said:

It is not uncommon in sports.

Think about the Falcons in 2016....when we signed Freeny  that changed all of the edge rushers..... Vet players  can have different perspectives that can click in guys

jidady and Black Francis like this

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Do you think they buy tickets? 

No, they don't. Also way to avoid everything else I said. If your expectations of this team wasn't higher you wouldn't be in these game threads pissing and moaning like the rest of us.

Yeah, I ***** and moan during the games. But that doesn't cloud my judgement of the team when looking at the big picture. That's the difference between the two of us. You lose sight of the big picture too easily. It's why you have no patience with the young players.

9 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Think about the Falcons in 2016....when we signed Freeny  that changed all of the edge rushers..... Vet players  can have different perspectives that can click in guys

And we made a mistake in not bringing him back for 2017.

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, I ***** and moan during the games. But that doesn't cloud my judgement of the team when looking at the big picture. That's the difference between the two of us. You lose sight of the big picture too easily. It's why you have no patience with the young players.

LOL ok you're full of it. This going team going 10 games under .500 the rest of the way would be a failure and you know it. Stop trying to sound you're a better fan because you're fine with failure.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Julio might just have a good connection and understanding with Sanchez. He's a veteran that's done a lot in his career. I'd be asking him stuff too.

I can see it. Tricks of the trade type of stuff. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I’m trying to forget 2016 lol. Heartbreaking. 

TheTrue7, jidady and falconsd56 like this