lostnmexico

Where's The Brotherhood Now?!!!!!

140 posts in this topic

“Be the standard”; “In Brotherhood we... trust, build, rise”; “You don’t rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your preparation” etc ...

Julio is totally disrespecting Quinn, the entire organisation and every single one of his teammates by disregarding our values and not attending camp.

Very disappointing from a player whose character attitude and work ethic made him stand out from the rest. Someone who until  year was  absolute model profession who - more that any other falcon  I’ve seen in the last 30 years - embodied everything that you want in a pro athlete. That respect  is gone now.

The saddest thing of all, is that this holdout was totally unnecessary. Julio could have handled this with class and dignity, by turning up, handling business on the field day and dealing with any concerns behind closed doors. He’d have had his money, because we are a class organisation that treats it’s people with respect. It a real shame that Julio couldn’t have done likewise.

 

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

My heart agrees with you…...but is Julio the only wide reciever who can stretch a defense?

The man has chosen to not participate.  At what point do we tell dad we want a new baby brother?+

Also….regarding the brotherhood.  I always saw it more on Defense than I did with the offense and Rico's signing with the Prodigal Sons holdout seem to confirm this.

That’s part of your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

First of all, this post is not about the artist formerly known as Julio.  It is intended to analyze where the Brotherhood is within the concept of the Atlanta Falcons as they line up today!

Shout out to Rico for signing his tender and getting in to camp.  The artist formerly know as Julio´s antics notwithstanding, Ricardo Allen's signing gives me hope that the Brotherhood is not lost.

We have Calvin Ridley.  Welcome to the Brotherhood. 

We have Terrell McClain.  Welcome to the Brotherhood. 

If the Brotherhood is real.....and it pains me to say this…...if the Brotherhood is real we need to ignore any and everything not on the practice field in Flowery Branch.

The Prodigal Son made his choice…..it should be business as usual for the Brotherhood that honors the contracts and the committments they signed up for!

Tell me this the next time a team, especially this one, cuts someone that I guess isn't living up to their contract/expectations.  Teams get to do this and walk away, no more money.  They have to take an accounting penalty, but they get to rip up the deal.

GANDI likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, caponine said:

the man is going to make 70,000 dollars, thats not financially secure ?? and but he got alot of rest during the season though. i can never understand how 70,000 isn't enough to make your future secure. 

It’s called capitalism. You don’t think billionaire blank is trying to make more money, year in and year out?

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ukfalc said:

he saddest thing of all, is that this holdout was totally unnecessary. Julio could have handled this with class and dignity, by turning up, handling business on the field day and dealing with any concerns behind closed doors. He have had his money, because we are a class organisation that treats it’s people with respect. It a real shame that Julio couldn’t have done likewise.

Maybe his toe hurts.

Slappywhite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I agree 

True, and we all know the Falcons will do what's right with Julio. Not really worried about it. Not happy about it either. I wonder what Antonio Brown makes? That would be my pay scale for Julio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

True, and we all know the Falcons will do what's right with Julio. Not really worried about it. Not happy about it either. I wonder what Antonio Brown makes? That would be my pay scale for Julio.

I think so too. Brown basically did with Steelers what Jones is wanting falcons to do...he  restructured to get more guaranteed money. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-restructures-his-contract-helps-steelers-create-cap-space/amp/

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I think so too. Brown basically did with Steelers what Jones is wanting falcons to do...he  restructured to get more guaranteed money. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-restructures-his-contract-helps-steelers-create-cap-space/amp/

So there's the target. If the Steelers can do it, I'm sure we can getter done.

Vandy and Slappywhite like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

True, and we all know the Falcons will do what's right with Julio. Not really worried about it. Not happy about it either. I wonder what Antonio Brown makes? That would be my pay scale for Julio.

Good thoughts!!

Personal question:  How long have you been posting here?  Its seems like youve always been here but you dont have that many posts.  

kmbutts likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

It’s called capitalism. You don’t think billionaire blank is trying to make more money, year in and year out?

What percentage is Home Depot and the falcons to his net worth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

What percentage is Home Depot and the falcons to his net worth. 

Dunno VT, not really my point. But I am pretty sure Blank et al were pretty ruthless in contract negotiations in those early days of building their HD empire. Bet they came back and redid/renegotiated a few deals too that were more to their advantage as they became a more successful company.  

Falcons are more Blank's play toy from a financial perspective now. He just wants to win a SB, which is why we all know Julio isn't going anywhere. 

To me It’s more a mindset. We all work hard to do the best we can at our jobs and be paid for what we deliver. Sometimes we have to push the issue. Julio is looking around and seeing falcons bent over backwards to make Matt Ryan paid as if he is now the best QB in the game. As a competitor, Julio knows he’s the best WRer in the game, he should be paid accordingly. 

So I do understand where he’s coming from. I don’t particularly agree with how he’s going about it, but I also don’t know what’s been said/done behind closed doors. Nobody else in here or in media does either.

GANDI and VTCrunkler like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

First of all, this post is not about the artist formerly known as Julio.  It is intended to analyze where the Brotherhood is within the concept of the Atlanta Falcons as they line up today!

Shout out to Rico for signing his tender and getting in to camp.  The artist formerly know as Julio´s antics notwithstanding, Ricardo Allen's signing gives me hope that the Brotherhood is not lost.

We have Calvin Ridley.  Welcome to the Brotherhood. 

We have Terrell McClain.  Welcome to the Brotherhood. 

If the Brotherhood is real.....and it pains me to say this…...if the Brotherhood is real we need to ignore any and everything not on the practice field in Flowery Branch.

The Prodigal Son made his choice…..it should be business as usual for the Brotherhood that honors the contracts and the committments they signed up for!

I just wanted to make one point about this.  Rico was always at camp.  Even though he wasn't under contract, he signed an injury waiver absolving the Falcons of liability if he got hurt while he was not under contract. 

Because even though he was hoping for a long term deal, he knew how important it was to be working with his brothers.

lostnmexico likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brotherhood ain't sh!t if you don't have the players.Julio is a player we really need,pay the man. NFL contracts are toilet paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peyton said:

I just wanted to make one point about this.  Rico was always at camp.  Even though he wasn't under contract, he signed an injury waiver absolving the Falcons of liability if he got hurt while he was not under contract. 

Because even though he was hoping for a long term deal, he knew how important it was to be working with his brothers.

Apples and oranges. Rico is not a superstar and doesn’t have the leverage of an earl Thomas/Julio Jones/Aaron Donald et al. Because of that, falcons are taken Advantage of the NFL’s system and paying him minimum starters money. If he held out, Falcons could and would replace him in a heartbeat. Deep Rico knows that, it’s a business. 

GANDI likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Apples and oranges. Rico is not a superstar and doesn’t have the leverage of an earl Thomas/Julio Jones/Aaron Donald et al. Because of that, falcons are taken Advantage of the NFL’s system and paying him minimum starters money. If he held out, Falcons could and would replace him in a heartbeat. Deep Rico knows that, it’s a business. 

There's no apples and oranges.  I was just talking about Rico Allen.  It's not common for players to do what he did, sign an injury waiver and go to work without a signed contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate the bridge is starting to burn at both sides, but the sum has to be greater than the part .. regardless of the fantasy football freaks! 

Slappywhite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

True, and we all know the Falcons will do what's right with Julio. Not really worried about it. Not happy about it either. I wonder what Antonio Brown makes? That would be my pay scale for Julio.

Should the Falcons just renegotiate Julio's contract every time a WR signs a contract? 

Some of the silliness I am hearing.  I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peyton said:

Should the Falcons just renegotiate Julio's contract every time a WR signs a contract? 

Some of the silliness I am hearing.  I don't get it.

No.

They should renegotiate every time he scores a touchdown. 

Would've been, what...three renegotiations last year?   lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

So there's the target. If the Steelers can do it, I'm sure we can getter done.

Signing bonus money can only be prorated through the first 5 years of a contract.  This is year 4 of Julio's 6 year contract so they don't have quite the flexibility that the Steelers had unless they extend.  I am sure the Falcons would be fine with just guaranteeing his entire salary this year and giving it to him because I know the Falcons have no plans to cut Julio Jones.

But Julio doesn't want more guaranteed money.  He wants more money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Peyton said:

There's no apples and oranges.  I was just talking about Rico Allen.  It's not common for players to do what he did, sign an injury waiver and go to work without a signed contract.

No you weren't, whether stated or unstated, you were comparing what Rico was doing to Julio's situation.

And it's very common for players in his position to be tendered and given a restricted contract. Kinda surprised he waited that long to sign it, frankly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Signing bonus money can only be prorated through the first 5 years of a contract.  This is year 4 of Julio's 6 year contract so they don't have quite the flexibility that the Steelers had unless they extend.  I am sure the Falcons would be fine with just guaranteeing his entire salary this year and giving it to him because I know the Falcons have no plans to cut Julio Jones.

But Julio doesn't want more guaranteed money.  He wants more money. 

You've talked to Julio? Please fill us in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No you weren't, whether stated or unstated, you were comparing what Rico was doing to Julio's situation.

And it's very common for players in his position to be tendered and given a restricted contract. Kinda surprised he waited that long to sign it, frankly. 

Guys wait to sign their tenders all the time, but those players usually skip all team activities until they do.  That is what made Rico unique, he signed an injury waiver so he could participate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You've talked to Julio? Please fill us in!

I see some people are still in denial about this lol.

You were the once calling me a conspiracy theorists a month ago, right? 

OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.